Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think our business is done
    Nope.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    My only concern at this moment is something that was pointed out in one of the Swanson posts.

The 2 players we have brought in so far have been offered to us by agents for players needing to move. It doesn't seem that players are being specifically sounded out to do a job in an area of weakness instead it's the kind of sign a player because he's available mentality we had in the summer. I hope there's some kind of plan going on in the background.
    It’s that kind of window, unsettled players or journeymen, we’d be lucky to get decent players, unless they have had difficulty in their current club. I noted McLaren mentioned ‘players speaking English’ as a positive here and, perhaps the culture shock, as an Aussie-Scot, was not quite what he was used to in Germany.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hearts are signing naismith.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Hearts are signing naismith.
    Wrong thread 🙄

Coaching Staff
    True. He was offered around though.

Bain is a very good goalie I would agree also, it's just a bit of signing them because they are there though instead of scouting the market for players we urgently require.
    The main scouting is done with next season in mind (in my opinion) and that takes place continually. This window you are looking to strengthen areas where we could do with 'extra', or to cover injuries - agents and clubs will constantly try and off load unwanted players this window to free up cash. Many are wanting promotion, trying to avoid relegation, cash strapped, etc.

At the level we are at, we are always going to be offered more players that other clubs don't want (or want off their books), rather than 'scouting' players (for this window). The job that GM and his team have to do is due diligence when and if we are offered players who may add quality to the squad. I'm really happy with the squad we have, the only slight concern is lack of full back cover / competition.

He wasn't.
    Are you just saying that because this move seems unlikely or because you actually know he wasn't there yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Unseen work.
    Is Brian Hamilton still playing

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 17SquirrelPower View Post
    It’s that kind of window, unsettled players or journeymen, we’d be lucky to get decent players, unless they have had difficulty in their current club. I noted McLaren mentioned ‘players speaking English’ as a positive here and, perhaps the culture shock, as an Aussie-Scot, was not quite what he was used to in Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    The main scouting is done with next season in mind (in my opinion) and that takes place continually. This window you are looking to strengthen areas where we could do with 'extra', or to cover injuries - agents and clubs will constantly try and off load unwanted players this window to free up cash. Many are wanting promotion, trying to avoid relegation, cash strapped, etc.

At the level we are at, we are always going to be offered more players that other clubs don't want (or want off their books), rather than 'scouting' players (for this window). The job that GM and his team have to do is due diligence when and if we are offered players who may add quality to the squad. I'm really happy with the squad we have, the only slight concern is lack of full back cover / competition.

Fair enough guys, not a major concern by all accounts just something that I hope isn't a continuous trend going into the summer.

He's on his way to Millwall.
    I read that yesterday too but apparently he’s now.

Still possible that he will end up at Hibs or Hearts

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Are you just saying that because this move seems unlikely or because you actually know he wasn't there yesterday?
    He's not been anywhere near the training ground as far as I'm led to believe. Barnsley won't be loaning him neither.

Left by mutual consent!
    Perhaps a few things had been dependent on a SJM being sold or kept as at start of season it looked likely we would lose him in this window we'll that's what I thought.

I've heard it rumoured that someone is about to start a rumour...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...tack-1-4662706

Anybody any idea who the players Lennon was talking about might be?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Nope.
    Do say more...

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    The problem with Hibs is they don't let many cats out of the bag. However GC and LD have both been on record as saying they are always looking at players and plan 3 windows in advance, anticipating departures as well as youth development promotions. Marry that with Lennon saying he has a few irons in the fire but now it may depend on players leaving before any new signings and that sort of gives us the full picture in this window. I think it is obvious that they're trying to push big Dave out and if he goes we will see another signing. We have had two youth players recalled from loans too. I see us maybe signing one more player and if SJM leaves which is still a possibility then we can expect another one once he's away. NL has stated he is happy with the core of his squad, we do however lack a bit of depth now, which hopefully one or two new signings would help with. This could end up being a quiet thread.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Any club coming in for McGinn is going to either be a club in difficulties or one that thinks he can be bought cheaply in this window.Don’t think either of these scenarios suit him or Hibs.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Any club coming in for McGinn is going to either be a club in difficulties or one that thinks he can be bought cheaply in this window.Don’t think either of these scenarios suit him or Hibs.
    I still think West Ham will bid towards the end of the window (for SJM).

When does Mcginns contract run out?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    When does Mcginns contract run out?
    Next summer

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

My only concern at this moment is something that was pointed out in one of the Swanson posts.

The 2 players we have brought in so far have been offered to us by agents for players needing to move. It doesn't seem that players are being specifically sounded out to do a job in an area of weakness instead it's the kind of sign a player because he's available mentality we had in the summer. I hope there's some kind of plan going on in the background.
    Every player who wants a move has his agent working for him. Bain had to get away from Dundee and to me is a cracking piece of business knowing that should Rocky's firm dip we have a tremendous back up. Mclaren was on our radar before and is just the kind of player we have been looking for and looks a good signing. I don't know what people expect in this transfer window but I'd be happy if everything stayed as it is now bar maybe a promising rb to cover grays absence.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I still think West Ham will bid towards the end of the window (for SJM).
    Doubt it unless we have a replacement lined up. He won't go unless everything falls into place. We don't need the transfer to fee right now unlike before and sjm has an old head on young shoulders and will only go if the deal suits all parties.

I would imagine Lennon and the board will be on the lookout for one or two midfielders just in case SJM & Dylan decide to move on in this window. If a club come in for McGinn we have to have a contingency plan to replace him.
    If we get to keep him in this window, I’m happy that no other transfers happen apart from a RB to cover Gray.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Doubt it unless we have a replacement lined up. He won't go unless everything falls into place. We don't need the transfer to fee right now unlike before and sjm has an old head on young shoulders and will only go if the deal suits all parties.
    If it’s a decent-ish offer then it will definitely be accepted. No way does the board risk having to sell him for the pennies if he’s left with a year or less on his contract.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Next summer
    18 months

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...tack-1-4662706

Anybody any idea who the players Lennon was talking about might be?
    The other transfer thread had sightings of Lennon on the plane to Belfast yesterday, coupled with news that Crusaders' right-winger Gavin Whyte was being looked at by a bunch of teams. Since Crusaders were scheduled to play yesterday (postponed due to weather), the theory would be that NL was going there to check the boy out.

It's all circumstantial put-two-and-two-together-to-make-five hypothesizing, but what's the point of a 'rumours' thread if you can't *start* a few rumours?
    Last edited by Aim Here; 17-01-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Its not a case of not needing the money. I highly doubt SJM will sign another contract at Hibs, he has more than repaid us for bringing him to the fore in Scottish football, but he knows that the time is close where he has to look at the future.

That being the case Hibs would not turn down any offer north of two million quid and leave us open to the distinct possibility of getting nothing later on. I can absolutely guarantee you that even though I have never even met John McGinn the last thing on his mind will be how it will suit Hibs if an English premiership club came in for him ... being a nice lad with a sensible head on his shoulders isn't the same thing as being so stupid he would turn down the chance of a lifetime. If Hibs were to stand in the way of that we would have one very unhappy player on our hands.

If we can keep him until the summer, great. What we need now is without doubt cover at right back and hopefully an attacking midfield player. Probably more important than that is torturing Dylan McGeouch until he uses the fingers we have left unbroken in the process to hold the pen that signs his new contract.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 17-01-2018 at 01:26 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PickYouUp
    Ryan Williamson of Dunfermline being linked to us by Tam McManus on Twitter..

Quote Originally Posted by woodyhfc4892 View Post
    Ryan Williamson of Dunfermline being linked to us by Tam McManus on Twitter..
    Haven't heard of him before, but we do need cover there. Will trust Lenny in his judgement if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Haven't heard of him before, but we do need cover there. Will trust Lenny in his judgement if this is true.
    Hadnt heard of him either. Seems hes in the Scotland u21 squad and Derby have watched him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Thread for Hibs transfer news only, who Hearts might/might not/might sign can stay on the other thread.
    Thank you. At least some semblance of interest to us Hibees