hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right people ITK....who we linked with?

Regarding Tam McManus tweet about wondering if another ex hearts player is joining.

Heard it could be Tony Watt. Personally hope not as think he is a idiot
    Tony watt?? I hope your wrong

Replacing stokesy with tony watt. No thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Tony watt?? I hope your wrong

Replacing stokesy with tony watt. No thanks
    That strikes me as offloading one mercurial, frustrating forwrd and signing another, who has less ability, less track record and a bigger attitude problem.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    I take your point on injuries, but we cant have it both ways. Building a squad isnt just about signing the best players for every position, but signing the best, available players within a budget.

Gray will be a high earner, as will whittaker - maybe we shouldn't habe signed whittake, i dont know if he has a chronic injury. But Rherras as cover for both right and left back is not the problem here - he seems like a good january, mid season signing to cover two positions where the squad is thin.
    Pretty sure Whittaker did an interview stating that he had a problem that can't be fixed. Sure he said something about managing it. I think he'll be a good influence and good idea getting him in for coaching but he'll be paid quite a bit as a player so bringing him as a player was madness.

Hopefully he can get past injuries but I think there is no chance in hell he'll be playing throughout the duration of his contract.

Charlton have just signed a striker on loan. Wonder if that means their "interest" in Stokes is over?

If he's leaving, hopefully a foreign club come in and chuck money at us

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Pretty sure Whittaker did an interview stating that he had a problem that can't be fixed. Sure he said something about managing it. I think he'll be a good influence and good idea getting him in for coaching but he'll be paid quite a bit as a player so bringing him as a player was madness.

Hopefully he can get past injuries but I think there is no chance in hell he'll be playing throughout the duration of his contract.
    Again, Whittaker certainly isn’t on anything close to a ‘top wage’ or ‘quite a bit’, he has come in on a low wage contract in order to move into coaching once his playing days are done, but also to help with the playing side for the next 2/3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Charlton have just signed a striker on loan. Wonder if that means their "interest" in Stokes is over?

Nothing from Hibs yesterday. This situation needs resolved pretty sharpish as we only have 1 week left to sign the players we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    The news article on the Hibs website says he's a left sided defender
    ttp://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8348

The article I referred to was where HE said he is a right footed right back who plays at left back if required.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

Didn't the Charlton manager at the weekend say they had no interest in Stokes?

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    The article I referred to was where HE said he is a right footed right back who plays at left back if required.
    This makes more sense, I just hope we haven’t signed a right footed left back! A LB who can’t kick with his left foot and has to keep cutting in isn’t a left back I’m afraid. Remember when we played Lewis as right back! Not good.
    The way I see it and hope is that he’s a natural RB who can play LB if necessary(as he did for them).

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Nothing from Hibs yesterday. This situation needs resolved pretty sharpish as we only have 1 week left to sign the players we need.

I fear that the only resolution to our worries lies in the sale of SJM and the getting rid off Stokes at no cost

Folk thinking we will get a fee for him are off their nut in my view

Who on earth would pay a fee for someone who has caused problems wherever he has gone and is as unreliable as the weather.

I rather think what is left of our meagre budget will be spent paying him off to get rid.

FWIW I think we need to and should be releasing the purse strings a bit but I am not sure I want to entrust Lennon with it.

I am far from convinced he will be here at the end of the season and his reason for departure could be through his choice

Testimonial Due
    Is Rherras not being able to get in a cathro team not an argument in his favour...?

FWIW Hearts fans I know said he was quite good under Neilson...

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The Press and Journal up here are running the Dylan to Aberdeen story this morning, claiming he is keen on a ‘fresh challenge’.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    The Press and Journal up here are running the Dylan to Aberdeen story this morning, claiming he is keen on a ‘fresh challenge’.
    I'd be disappointed in him. Hibs have taken good care of him during his injuries.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    This makes more sense, I just hope we haven’t signed a right footed left back! A LB who can’t kick with his left foot and has to keep cutting in isn’t a left back I’m afraid. Remember when we played Lewis as right back! Not good.
    The way I see it and hope is that he’s a natural RB who can play LB if necessary(as he did for them).

Emma...Phillip lahm? One of the best fullbacks in world football when he played, right footed, left back.

I'm not comparing FR to lahm, just take issue with your stance on inverted full backs.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    I'd be disappointed in him. Hibs have taken good care of him during his injuries.
    Yeah but he had a contract, we never had a choice, we never did it out the goodness of our heart as we’re a great club.

He’s perfectly entitled to look around for the best deal he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I fear that the only resolution to our worries lies in the sale of SJM and the getting rid off Stokes at no cost

Folk thinking we will get a fee for him are off their nut in my view

Who on earth would pay a fee for someone who has caused problems wherever he has gone and is as unreliable as the weather.

I rather think what is left of our meagre budget will be spent paying him off to get rid.

FWIW I think we need to and should be releasing the purse strings a bit but I am not sure I want to entrust Lennon with it.

I am far from convinced he will be here at the end of the season and his reason for departure could be through his choice
    I agree there is no way we are getting a fee for Stokes. That ship has sailed. We just have to hope he can be got off the wage bill.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Yeah but he had a contract, we never had a choice, we never did it out the goodness of our heart as we’re a great club.

McGeogh is a decent player but it all happens at least 10 metres outside the oppositions box. I can’t remember the last time I seen him any closer. As we already have Bartley playing as a holding midfielder it’s maybe time for a new approach? That alongside his injuries mean I’m no longer that worried about losing him.
    As far as him looking for what’s best for himself goes, he switched from Celtic to Rangers and back to Celtic again. He’ll have no problem going to Aberdeen if they offer him a better deal. And with his injury record he probably should chase the money.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar

He was given that contract even after his frequent injuries.

A Hibs player should never be going to Aberdeen to better themselves

It would be really really bad for us if one of our best players saw that as a forward move and we lost him for free.

Think of what that says to our current players and players we are trying to recruit.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar

If you believe the rumours, we actually told him to bolt in the summer due to his injuries, so if true you can understand why he’s looking elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Tony Watt...please no...we are honestly going backwards. Why are we suddenly going back in to Butcher and Fenton type recruitment?

I really hope this isn’t the case.

How the hell do we make better signings when we are down a division? I cannot understand this, we get McGeouch, McGinn, Holt, McGregor etc. We get promoted and the recruitment has been bizarre so far...

We don’t have a right back and we sign Rherras who is a left back...mental stuff
    Hahahaha, working yourself up into frenzy by plucking a name out the air, and getting it wrong about Rherras.

Madhatter alright.

If we had won on Sunday, there wouldn't be any of this madness on this site, Sundays result is the perfect example of a knee jerk reaction i have seen on here.

It would be really really bad for us if one of our best players saw that as a forward move and we lost him for free.

Think of what that says to our current players and players we are trying to recruit.
    We need to retain the level of ST holders that we’ve managed to build over the last couple of years. Losing players like McGinn was always going to happen but losing Dylan to Aberdeen would be a very bad sign.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Hahahaha, working yourself up into frenzy by plucking a name out the air, and getting it wrong about Rherras.

Madhatter alright.

If we had won on Sunday, there wouldn't be any of this madness on this site, Sundays result is the perfect example of a knee jerk reaction i have seen on here.
    I was talking about this stuff before Sunday.
    Not sure what name I've plucked...
    What frenzy? I'm pretty relaxed. I can see McGeouch, Stokes and McGinn being away this week. I may be wrong but I'm relaxed either way.
    Last edited by madhatter; 23-01-2018 at 08:48 AM.

What frenzy? I'm pretty relaxed. I can see McGeouch, Stokes and McGinn being away this week. I may be wrong but I'm relaxed either way.
    We can tell how relaxed you are by your 250 posts in the last two days.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    We can tell how relaxed you are by your 250 posts in the last two days.
    Hyperbole!

Hyperbole!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Surely after 3 years in the dross, you should be looking at the bigger picture and praising how well we've adapted to the top league?

From a team that would struggle to stay in the league for a number of years, we now have a team that will certainly make the top 6 and is fighting for a European place.

Where exactly should we be this season, considering we've rarely made 4th place or better in the last 40 years?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Surely after 3 years in the dross, you should be looking at the bigger picture and praising how well we've adapted to the top league?

From a team that would struggle to stay in the league for a number of years, we now have a team that will certainly make the top 6 and is fighting for a European place.

Where exactly should we be this season, considering we've rarely made 4th place or better in the last 40 years?
    I've not said anything about our current position being poor. I've said I can see the direction we are going in being poor. Last few years have been promising. No denying that but that's in the past now.

To an extent I agree with you and maybe after winning the cup all our expectations are too high this season.

We have been hampered with injuries to full backs but the most frustrating thing for me is watching us create chance after chance - rangers game was an example and have no one to put the chances away.

Hopefully that will change second half of the season

Just gotta keep backing the team and fingers crossed we start scoring

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar

I agree with this. Aberdeen is a step down in reality.