hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swanson

Testimonial Due
    There is an increasing amount of folk on here lining up to have a go at Stokes regarding his SCORED penalties! Makes no sense to me.

maybe we should go to the SPL and ask them to discount them from the records and get any points gained deducted!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw more than enough in 45 minutes v Killie to see Danny will be an asset to have at Hibs for the rest of the season. Would be very foolish to send him to Saints in my opinion - strengthens an opponent going for top 6 and weakens our creative area in midfield. He's a top player in this league.
    Agree totally.

First Team Breakthrough
    A talented player that wants to be a success with us, but I just don't see it happening.

Sad as it would be, sometimes things just don't work out.

I think we're better moving him on, because we're severely lacking in his position as it is and can't afford to carry anyone.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyS View Post
    There is an increasing amount of folk on here lining up to have a go at Stokes regarding his SCORED penalties! Makes no sense to me.

maybe we should go to the SPL and ask them to discount them from the records and get any points gained deducted!

Think it’s more to do with the fact we should be getting more goals from our “marquee” striker from open play rather than totally discounting his scored penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask them to take away his goals where we didn't win the game as well, while you're at it

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Think it’s more to do with the fact we should be getting more goals from our “marquee” striker from open play rather than totally discounting his scored penalties.

He's contributing a lot more than goals. We have wingers smashing balls into the box fair enough but very little creativity ever comes from the center of midfield ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    He's contributing a lot more than goals. We have wingers smashing balls into the box fair enough but very little creativity ever comes from the center of midfield ever.
    Only 4 assists would suggest he is t contributing enough when he’s not scoring either. In my opinion he needs to offer more. He should be a stand out most weeks but sadly he’s not.

I've only just looked at Swanson's stats and TBH he's never really set the heather on fire except for last season at St Johnstone, although he was fairly consistent at Dundee U. His career seems to be a series of ups and downs and unfortunately he's on a down turn here, can he turn it around?

I was happy we signed Danny but it appears to be a big mistake so far and maybe Henderson or Mallan would've been a better option to start the season off, he has a lot to turn around and I don't know if he has the mentality to do it.

11 goals and 4 assists in 21 games when hes not been in the greatest of form for most of it? Thats quite a good return.

If he can play like he did against County everyweek, his return will go up even more!

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    11 goals and 4 assists in 21 games when hes not been in the greatest of form for most of it? Thats quite a good return.

If he can play like he did against County everyweek, his return will go up even more!

Very good return 👍. Think some people are expecting Messi like returns off players.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I can’t believe we’d be considering letting Danny go out on loan. He needs to be staying here and proving his worth to the team. He’s had a troubled start, but now is his time to shine. If he doesn’t produce the goods between now and the end of the season, then we can start thinking about our options for him.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Are we really lining up a list of Hibs players to question their worth ahead of a derby? Really? Each to their own but it’s almost as it we tee things up nicely for a bit of trolling from the yams.

#captainSensible
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I can’t believe we’d be considering letting Danny go out on loan. He needs to be staying here and proving his worth to the team. He’s had a troubled start, but now is his time to shine. If he doesn’t produce the goods between now and the end of the season, then we can start thinking about our options for him.

Tell him it’s now or never and see if we get a reaction.

Tries hard but doesn't have what we need. I don't think we would miss him as he doesn't contribute enough even before his off field troubles.

IMO sending him out on loan is totally pointless. Either he stays with us or goes elsewhere permanently. He's been through a bit outside football, but if he is fit and ready to play, well, he's our player. I suppose it depends on when this supposed loan deal would happen. If he plays in our next 2 games and plays well that's great, but if he doesn't and then goes out on loan and starts banging in the goals you'd have to question if he's really right for Hibs. Just a thought.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by poulton hibs View Post
    Tries hard but doesn't have what we need. I don't think we would miss him as he doesn't contribute enough even before his off field troubles.

that might make sense if his off the field issues hadn't started before he joined us....its too early to make a judgement on Swanson...needs a run of games..

@hibs.net private member
    I’d only let him go if we were getting someone in who could push for a first team slot.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Are we really lining up a list of Hibs players to question their worth ahead of a derby? Really? Each to their own but it’s almost as it we tee things up nicely for a bit of trolling from the yams.

#captainSensible
    So because there is a game at the weekend we can only talk about things not related to players and things in the news about them?

If you'd like to leave a wee list of acceptable topics we will be sure to follow them

Its a tough one ... he actually looked better against Killie than he has in any appearance for us this season, from that point of view it could be that he is over his injury problems and finding his form at last. A fit Swanson playing like he did last season would be a real asset, whether we get that is another matter.

@hibs.net private member
    Cant see the sense in allowing Danny to go out on loan. We had been linked with him for quite a while before we actually signed him so wouldn't like to see him head off elsewhere, even on loan. He hasn't had the impact we all expected but we know the reason for that. Hope we persevere we him and he grasps the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Its a tough one ... he actually looked better against Killie than he has in any appearance for us this season, from that point of view it could be that he is over his injury problems and finding his form at last. A fit Swanson playing like he did last season would be a real asset, whether we get that is another matter.
    On the whole the winter break came at a good time but it wasn't at a good time for Danny and missing the William II game could be costly for him as far as getting any time on the pitch on Sunday goes.
    Last edited by 007; 17-01-2018 at 04:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Cant see the sense in allowing Danny to go out on loan. We had been linked with him for quite a while before we actually signed him so wouldn't like to see him head off elsewhere, even on loan. He hasn't had the impact we all expected but we know the reason for that. Hope we persevere we him and he grasps the opportunity.
    Only sense would be if someone better is coming in.

I am stunned at the amount of stick he is getting and people willing to write him off.

I think he is a fantastic football but due to issues outside of football and injuries he has rarely been able to show it this season.

He has the ability to skin a man with ease, thread a pass or score a screamer.

A fit Swanson would be like a new signing.

I would be gutted if he left.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Wasn't impressed with the decision to bring him here in the first place.

If Swanson out meant a Hendo or a Mallan in, then let's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Ask them to take away his goals where we didn't win the game as well, while you're at it
    🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    On the whole the winter break came at a good time but it wasn't at a good time for Danny and missing the William II game could be costly for as far as him getting any time on the pitch on Sunday goes.
    And there is only 1 person to blame.for that...Danny himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I am stunned at the amount of stick he is getting and people willing to write him off.

I think he is a fantastic football but due to issues outside of football and injuries he has rarely been able to show it this season.

He has the ability to skin a man with ease, thread a pass or score a screamer.

A fit Swanson would be like a new signing.

I would be gutted if he left.
    Are you really?? Look at the stick Stokes gets off some of our "fans" on here mate??

Fwiw i am undecided in Danny not seen enough from.him in the games he has played but I actually think he gets an easy ride from the fans due to his "hibs connections". Big Dave has played less and pretty much been written off by everyone. Would that be the same if he was a lifelong Hibee??

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Are you really?? Look at the stick Stokes gets off some of our "fans" on here mate??

Fwiw i am undecided in Danny not seen enough from.him in the games he has played but I actually think he gets an easy ride from the fans due to his "hibs connections". Big Dave has played less and pretty much been written off by everyone. Would that be the same if he was a lifelong Hibee??

In my opinion, Stokes AND Swanson both get an easy ride but for two entirely different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavola View Post
    In my opinion, Stokes AND Swanson both get an easy ride but for two entirely different reasons.
    Nobody that sits around me in East gives Stokesy an easy ride believe me. Some of the rubbish "lazy" comments that get screamed at him every week are a nonsense.