hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swanson

Swanson

Read that it's a possibility of him going out on loan with st johnstone.

If this happens I can't see him playing for is again. Whats peoples thoughts on him? Is he required?

No had much from him due to injury and personal issues. Personally I wanted him to do well here but just can't see it happening for him

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd be content to see him leave along with Big Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be content to see him leave along with Big Dave.
    Agree.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfcnic View Post

If this happens I can't see him playing for is again. Whats peoples thoughts on him? Is he required?

No had much from him due to injury and personal issues. Personally I wanted him to do well here but just can't see it happening for him
    I think he could become a big player for us from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by hfcnic View Post

He has contributed little so far, we've got to expect more from our signings - to date the ones brought in during last window don't say much for the recruitment strategy.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    He has contributed little so far, we've got to expect more from our signings - to date the ones brought in during last window don't say much for the recruitment strategy.
    To be fair the actual strategy is fine, the problem lies in our wage structure.

Hopefully he will play against hearts and score....a nice swansong

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    I think he would be an asset to the team once fit and focused but he hasn't contributed much so far this season so if everyone feels its best for him to kick-on elsewhere then so be it.

Personally I would prefer him to stay and to get himself into a team that is absolutely crying out for someone like him to be in it.

100%

We could be using these wages elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Yeah, I’d be happy to get him off the wage bill. Granted he’s had a stressful time of it recently, but we all go through stuff and have to get on with it. Waste of money at the moment, and doesn’t cut the figure of someone playing for his boyhood heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think he could become a big player for us from now on.
    How come?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    To be fair the actual strategy is fine, the problem lies in our wage structure.
    Is it?

Lets hope any signing in this window enhances the team as I think we need a little boost going into the 2nd half of the season.

On Swanson been disappointed but understand personal reasons outweigh football sometimes in life.

@hibs.net private member
    I think he's got something to offer. Injuries and Circumstances away from Football have contributed to his slow start, but I'm still confident he could have a big second half of the season for us. Be a bit disappointed if we let a player like him go.

I'm not sure about this having to trim the squad to bring others in. Don't think our squad is that big at the moment. If anything, I've felt we needed more players in the squad, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Lets hope any signing in this window enhances the team as I think we need a little boost going into the 2nd half of the season.

On Swanson been disappointed but understand personal reasons outweigh football sometimes in life.
    Its not football for him thought its his job. If people don't turn up in their job there are consequences.

Scores the winner on sunday and that will put him back in favour haha

I think we need to be more careful signing players the wrong side of 30.
    Happy to see Swanson head back to saints. Free up a wage for an attacking midfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I think he'd be as good as a new signing when he's back in January. I'd be pretty disappointed if that rumour came to anything.

He's pretty much exactly what we need. He links midfield and attack. He needs a goal to up the confidence a little, but I think he'll be a big player for us after the break.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I think he's got something to offer. Injuries and Circumstances away from Football have contributed to his slow start, but I'm still confident he could have a big second half of the season for us. Be a bit disappointed if we let a player like him go.
    This. He offers something different to what we've got and deserves another crack at the whip to show he's a good player.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I think he'd be as good as a new signing when he's back in January. I'd be pretty disappointed if that rumour came to anything.

He's pretty much exactly what we need. He links midfield and attack. He needs a goal to up the confidence a little, but I think he'll be a big player for us after the break.
    Thought he looked ok against Killie however personally happy enough for him to go out on loan only if we have someone better coming in. You have to assume he hasnt done himself any favours with last weeks incident. If ever there was a time for him to get his head down and cement a place it was now.

Murray and Stokes have scored 13 league goals between them? Only 4 have scored more than Stokes in the league?
    Slivka was always brought in to bolster our midfield options.
    Rocky was brilliant for us last season and was signed on a long term deal.
    Ambrose has been brilliant for us this season and signed on a long term deal.
    Whittaker hasnt been the worst player ever even with carrying an injury.
    Big Davey hasnt really been given a chance, bar the odd 10 minute cameo.
    Swanson has had injury and off field issues.

so out of 8 signings id say 2 have been unlucky with injuries (whittaker and Swanson) and 1 hasnt really been given a chance (Big Davey). Rest of them have been quite successful to a team who have just been promoted and currently sit 4th. Hardly calls us to question the recruitment strategy.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Murray and Stokes have scored 13 league goals between them? Only 4 have scored more than Stokes in the league?
    Slivka was always brought in to bolster our midfield options.
    Rocky was brilliant for us last season and was signed on a long term deal.
    Ambrose has been brilliant for us this season and signed on a long term deal.
    Whittaker hasnt been the worst player ever even with carrying an injury.
    Big Davey hasnt really been given a chance, bar the odd 10 minute cameo.
    Swanson has had injury and off field issues.

so out of 8 signings id say 2 have been unlucky with injuries (whittaker and Swanson) and 1 hasnt really been given a chance (Big Davey). Rest of them have been quite successful to a team who have just been promoted and currently sit 4th. Hardly calls us to question the recruitment strategy.
    Stokes has scored 3 goals from open play in 18 league games, with one of those being a consolation goal. His penalties (which you have to expect most decent strikers to score the majority of) significantly embellish his stats.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Think we’d regret letting Danny go. The lads had an awful time of it off the pitch, but now that there’s a bit of distance (not ever entirely of course) being put towards those issues and his football, I think we’re on the verge now of seeing the Danny Swanson of his United/St Johnstone days. A proven Danny Swanson at that.

Keep till the end of the season and see how he does between now and then is my opinion. I think he might become very impressive.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd be gutted if this was true. Got real talent and a huge desire to play for us. So far he has either been played out of position or been injured. Far too early to write him off.

Would rather free up a wage

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Stokes has scored 3 goals from open play in 18 league games, with one of those being a consolation goal. His penalties (which you have to expect most decent strikers to score the majority of) significantly embellish his stats.
    Penalties or not, hes put the ball into the back of the net more than any other of our players....thats the main stat...

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Yeah, I’d be happy to get him off the wage bill. Granted he’s had a stressful time of it recently, but we all go through stuff and have to get on with it. Waste of money at the moment, and doesn’t cut the figure of someone playing for his boyhood heroes.
    We don't all have our best friend killed as a result of a brutal attack, need to sit through a very public trial lasting for several weeks, reliving all the evidence again and then seeing his killer get off with a very light sentence.

I have no idea how you would ever get over such a traumatic event.

He has also had several injuries to contend with during his time with us so I think there's still a lot more to come from him.

His behaviour last week in Portugal was disappointing but I don't think he's anywhere near finished with Hibs.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Think we’d regret letting Danny go. The lads had an awful time of it off the pitch, but now that there’s a bit of distance (not ever entirely of course) being put towards those issues and his football, I think we’re on the verge now of seeing the Danny Swanson of his United/St Johnstone days. A proven Danny Swanson at that.

Keep till the end of the season and see how he does between now and then is my opinion. I think he might become very impressive.
    This is where I am. Even allowing for his various troubles, I'm disappointed in his form with us as I always regarded him as a good attacking midfielder.

Hasn’t Danny had his struggles with depression at the best of times? and now recent tragic events to deal with. He’s been given the time and help to deal with this.. it would seem strange to offload him now before actually seeing what he can offer us with a clear head and run of games.

I hope he sticks around.

I seriously doubt if he has it in him to produce at bigger clubs. He was poor for Hearts and he's been poor for Hibs. Less pressure on him at St Johnstone and Dundee United. Time will tell but if he hasn't picked up by the summer he'll be away.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    I seriously doubt if he has it in him to produce at bigger clubs. He was poor for Hearts and he's been poor for Hibs. Less pressure on him at St Johnstone and Dundee United. Time will tell but if he hasn't picked up by the summer he'll be away.
    I saw more than enough in 45 minutes v Killie to see Danny will be an asset to have at Hibs for the rest of the season. Would be very foolish to send him to Saints in my opinion - strengthens an opponent going for top 6 and weakens our creative area in midfield. He's a top player in this league.