hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ian Black BBC....

"It's a buzz for Joe public" hahahhaha

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RG04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "It's a buzz for Joe public" hahahhaha
    Not anyone elses fault but his own that he can't control his gambling urges. Wee welt.

Blog Entries
    Blaming the Bookies and the SFA for his weakness and misdemeanours. If he must gamble, he could bet on umpteen things outwith football.

Saying he was on the verge of coming to us but got a call to go to Hearts.

@hibs.net private member
    Black saying he was due to sign for Hibs and Mixu. Then Hearts came in for him. Wasn’t a story that I knew

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Blaming the Bookies and the SFA for his weakness and misdemeanours. If he must gamble, he could bet on umpteen things outwith football.
    Well said Jim. No sympathy from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    His point is still valid and I said so on here at the time he was banned - it's rank hypocrisy for the SFA to take their money and then punish those who bet. Not to mention the ethical arguments regarding promoting what are for some people gambling addictions.......

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Black saying he was due to sign for Hibs and Mixu. Then Hearts came in for him. Wasn’t a story that I knew
    Yep, was shown around EM I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    His point is still valid and I said so on here at the time he was banned - it's rank hypocrisy for the SFA to take their money and then punish those who bet. Not to mention the ethical arguments regarding promoting what are for some people gambling addictions.......
    It’s not hypocrisy at all. He broke the rules - someone who was guilty of betting against his own team has no place to comment on the authorities being in the wrong because they are sponsored by bookmakers.

What alcohol sponsors are we associated with now? Maybe it’s their fault that our players had too many pints last week.

Horrible wee rat

As much as he is a welt of the highest order he is totally correct in what he's saying. It's rank hypocrisy to stop players betting on games outwith their leagues yet be sponsored by bookies. He was made an example of and players being players will always gamble. The rules need to be changed to allow gambling on games not affecting your league. It's a nonsense a player in Scotland can't bet on a man u game.

I knew we were interested in him when he was at Caley

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    As much as he is a welt of the highest order he is totally correct in what he's saying. It's rank hypocrisy to stop players betting on games outwith their leagues yet be sponsored by bookies. He was made an example of and players being players will always gamble. The rules need to be changed to allow gambling on games not affecting your league. It's a nonsense a player in Scotland can't bet on a man u game.

Claiming refs had it in for him. Oh aye right ya fud! What about the forearm smash into the back of sparky's head in the Cup final?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    It’s not hypocrisy at all. He broke the rules - someone who was guilty of betting against his own team has no place to comment on the authorities being in the wrong because they are sponsored by bookmakers.

What alcohol sponsors are we associated with now? Maybe it’s their fault that our players had too many pints last week.
    Trying to be a smarta**e really doesn't help your argument. Also, where did I say he hadn't broken the rules? I didn't defend him - my issue is with the hypocrisy of the SFA and next time you might try reading the post properly before going on a childish rant.

I actually agree in general that it’s a nonsense rule that bets can’t be placed on games not related to players. However I don’t accept the hypocrisy argument - rules are there and if they are broken you should expect punishment. I also don’t accept the argument from that horrible wee cretin who chose to bet against his team.

Trying to be a smarta**e really doesn't help your argument. Also, where did I say he hadn't broken the rules? I didn't defend him - my issue is with the hypocrisy of the SFA and next time you might try reading the post properly before going on a childish rant.
    I was going to edit my post to point out that my “smart arse” comment was more at the scenario (and Ian black’s comments) than your post which I quoted to kick-off my reply. (My point is that we’ve a number of sponsors which put money into our game, a number of these are related to activities that you wouldn’t want players over indulging in and certainly not breaking rules to take part in). Black did break the rules - it’s not hypocrisy for the SFA to punish him for that.

However seeing as I didn’t, I’ll take the lecture and reflect on what a child I’ve been.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    There was a lot of debate on here from those that claimed to know him about whether he was a Hibs, Hearts or Man U fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    There was a lot of debate on here from those that claimed to know him about whether he was a Hibs, Hearts or Man U fan.
    Strong yam connection I think, didn't his Dad play for the cheats?

There is no hypocrisy.

Betting firms sponsor Scottish football to advertise their company.

Football players, directors, managers etc are not allowed to bet on football due to their possible inside knowledge either directly or indirectly and importantly to avoid any perception of corruption.

The football authorities don't make a judgement as to whether betting is right or wrong hence no hypocrisy.

This is why Mr Black is a painter and decorator rather than a policy maker.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Betting scams are rife in sport. Organised criminal gangs are involved.

The rule that stops players betting on football is there to help combat it.

Players know each other regardless of which teams they play for.

For example, Dwight Yorke was at Man U when his very good friend Russell Latapy played for Hibs and Falkirk.

Would you have raised an eyebrow if Hibs had lost a game they were supposed to have won and you found out that DW had a big bet on it on the Asian markets?

Or that RL would miss a penalty, get booked, sent off etc etc.

I'm not suggesting that these things happened. Just trying to make my point.

People in football should not be allowed to bet on football. For the sake of the integrity of the sport, and to protect the players themselves.

That's my view anyway.

Whether betting companies are acceptable as sponsors is another issue.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    We were completely “gazumped” by Hertz, in terms of wages. Similar story to a few others around that time, too. Vlad’s Monopoly money.

Left by mutual consent!
    He looks like a rat and he acts like a rat. Can't stand him and not because he was good. He's a prick.

He actually said that Hearts are one of the top teams in Britain. What a numpty.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by renato View Post
    We were completely “gazumped” by Hertz, in terms of wages. Similar story to a few others around that time, too. Vlad’s Monopoly money.
    Him and Darren Barr. Barr was going to be made captain to come to us.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Not anyone elses fault but his own that he can't control his gambling urges. Wee welt.
    Coming from someone with a ridicuously addictive personality it’s easier said than done.

The thread title is misleading.. i always thought he was a Wee one tho..

****ing little yam roaster Hun fud rat!

My fab moment involving him was when he was subbed after 35 mins at ER and lost the plot.

We went into thump them!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Who's he gonna blame for snorting ***** up his nose then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Betting scams are rife in sport. Organised criminal gangs are involved.

The rule that stops players betting on football is there to help combat it.

Players know each other regardless of which teams they play for.

For example, Dwight Yorke was at Man U when his very good friend Russell Latapy played for Hibs and Falkirk.

Would you have raised an eyebrow if Hibs had lost a game they were supposed to have won and you found out that DW had a big bet on it on the Asian markets?

Or that RL would miss a penalty, get booked, sent off etc etc.

I'm not suggesting that these things happened. Just trying to make my point.

People in football should not be allowed to bet on football. For the sake of the integrity of the sport, and to protect the players themselves.

That's my view anyway.

Whether betting companies are acceptable as sponsors is another issue.
    Great post. This 100%