hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Movie Cliches

Whenever the hero runs out of ammo they always manage to find a stash of bullets that fit their gun.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whenever the hero runs out of ammo they always manage to find a stash of bullets that fit their gun.
    Also, in fights, it's always fists against fists or knives against knives or guns against guns.
    The only realistic scene was when Harrison Ford shot the samurai in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    The best 'fight' scene ever.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Those scenes where a character is walking down the street and a car draws up, usually with a baddie in the back, who winds the window down and talks to them as they are walking.

The road is always clear of parked cars, skips or wheelie bins or whatever, so the car doesn't have to pull out and around and back in to continue the conversation.

Also the driver manages to keep the car going at walking pace for however long the conversation takes, without stalling or kangarooing.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Or he/she throws the empty gun at the attacker and makes a run for it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Baddy takes aim at goody who's lying helplessly on the floor. A shot rings out but it's the baddy who's been shot (close-up of baddy looking surprised) either by someone who was previously left for dead or by the goody's colleague who has arrived in the nick of time.

German officers speak to each other in heavily accented English.
    Last edited by Caversham Green; 07-08-2018 at 12:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Baddy takes aim at goody who's lying helplessly on the floor. A shot rings out but it's the baddy who's been shot (close-up of baddy looking surprised) either by someone who was previously left for dead or by the goody's colleague who has arrived in the nick of time.
    Good call. If ever there was a scene that was done to death (no pun intended ), that's it.

Another car cliché I don’t think has had a mention is where an intended victim (who has slighted his organisation) of a hit, usually in mafia/OC movies, sits in the front seat of a car with some homicidal sociopath directly behind him - even he, as well as the audience, knows he’s getting malkied.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    Or by the baddie's girl who's had enough after years of abuse. She's standing there with a huge smoking gun and holding it in both hands like a kid.

During a battle scene in every war movie, one of the central characters will die....but really slowly. Slowly enough to deliver a heart-wrenching monologue to his best buddie for 5 minutes, conveniently enough right in the middle of a lull in the noise of the battle. Like the other side say "stop shooting for a minute, that dude is saying some really moving last words".

Left by mutual consent!
    Somebody sets off an explosion and starts to walk off before it blows up. As they are walking away in slow motion behind them the explosion occurs and they don't flinch one bit.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    This is more of a peeve than a cliche but it annoys the **** out of me. In every American film or tv programme whenever a torch (or flashlight) is required they always hold it, I would say, upside down like they are getting ready to launch a javelin.........Why????

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    This is more of a peeve than a cliche but it annoys the **** out of me. In every American film or tv programme whenever a torch (or flashlight) is required they always hold it, I would say, upside down like they are getting ready to launch a javelin.........Why????
    Turns into a truncheon quicker? 🤔

Left by mutual consent!
    Almost every scene where people are shooting at each other and there are nearby metal handrails or a metal fence. Cue dozens of bullets missing their target but loads hitting the handrails sending sparks flying

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Or when they they hold their flashlight together with their gun when entering a dark room. If I was the bad guy I know exactly where I'd empty my magazine.