hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Simple Procedure Scotland Court

Anyone ever took this route to resolve an issue usually consumer or been taken to court? I am taking P4D/UPS to court over damaged delivery just seeing if anyone has experience or advice.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    I haven't used it personally, but have some knowledge/experience of it through work.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't used it personally, but have some knowledge/experience of it through work.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?
    I do not have anything specific at this point but the respondent will by now have their official letter and will know I am serious.

@hibs.net private member
    A few years ago I made a claim at the small claims court in England over a refund for a holiday that was not as advertised.

We settled before it went to court with the other party paying my £72 costs as well.

I believe it is cheaper than that in Scotland. If the other party fail to satisfy you then do claim.

Very often large firms don't either defend themselves or even turn up in court so you are awarded to your satisfaction.

Making the claim in itself should convince them to pay. It is not a scary thing to do, so good luck.