hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My thoughts are if we need more capacity we would have to build into the corners or such like. At that point standing becomes a good option. If we keep the same footprint then for me it is peeing money down the drain.
    Fully agree, there's no benefit in changing the existing seating to accommodate safe standing. It needs to be an addition to the stadium capacity and a new build in one of the corners.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Done.

Unless the club is willing to spend a million quid building in the FF / East corner ( highly unlikely ) the only place this will ever work is the FF lower ... I don't think the current FF upper section is any indication that this wouldn't work really well in the lower and I would add that I would have to move if this came to pass, which I would happily do. But if you ask me its a long shot that the club will move the family section, good luck though.

Think maybe the top 5 rows in east would be a decent call

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I think I am the only one that mentioned capacity. I'm pretty sure I understand the arguments but please enlighten me if I don't. My thoughts are if we need more capacity we would have to build into the corners or such like. At that point standing becomes a good option. If we keep the same footprint then for me it is peeing money down the drain.
    I bizarrely asked if it would increase or decrease capacity i.e. does a standing space seat take up the same space as a normal seat. Simple question I thought.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I bizarrely asked if it would increase or decrease capacity i.e. does a standing space seat take up the same space as a normal seat. Simple question I thought.
    Looks like the answer is capacity neutral from the response. Was that not what happened at Celtic Park.

Looks like the answer is capacity neutral from the response. Was that not what happened at Celtic Park.
    No idea mate, that is why I asked 😂

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Was going to make the same point.

Seems a very one sided survey.

How about a question about what your actions would be if Safe Standing was to be introduced in the area where you sit. For example, would you join them, move somewhere else, give up your season ticket.
    Ditto.

It's a "how do you think safe standing should be introduced?" survey, rather than "do you want safe standing?", and so long as the results are interpreted/presented with this in mind then that's fair enough.

First Team Breakthrough
    Done good luck fill in the corners & put safe standing there :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Done. FF upper for me. Happy to contribute

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Done.

No chance this will happen because it would cost a load of cash to put in place and won't bring much new cash in.

e.g. The current public address system is not fit for purpose, the club know this but don't see it being worth spending money on to put it right.

The club is all about bringing more money in not spending more money unnecessarily. Hence the endless and expensive player of the year, hall of fame dinners, shows, hospitality packages, mascot packages, special cup final memorabilia, opportunities to play at Easter Road etc etc etc
    Not sure about that - it is a way of increasing capacity on the cheap when attendances are at record highs...

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I thought I'd read previously that for every 1 seat you can have 2-3 people standing? Perhaps in Germany.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I’m all for this and have been for years. Hope it gets installed!

FFL and SL are good candidates to convert.

@hibs.net private member
    Done and more than willing to pay for it.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    it would be amazing to have this in the north east corner, and tbh, if we keep our attendances at the current level for a couple of years, we'd be as well to do so anyway - there'd be no harm in having another 1,000 seats available when our average attendance is 18k.

First Team Breakthrough
    Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Not sure about that - it is a way of increasing capacity on the cheap when attendances are at record highs...
    But is it? I thought Celtic have this rail seating as standing areas aren't allowed in UEFA competitions. So there's seats there, just like elsewhere, but for league games they are "locked up". It's 1 person per seat so I don't think safe standing increases the capacity at all and if it does, it's not by very much at all.

@hibs.net private member
    I see why a relatively small number of supporters would want this but feel the club has other priorities for spending money.
    Once the team is getting regular success then perhaps it would be time to look at this.

Hope this goes through, the uk is falling behind stadia wise as more and more countries are allowing this in their stadiums.

Id rather spend the money on playing staff.

New standing area in the corner of the north and east, with a supporters bar/lounge directly behind and above it would be unreal. Not sure how much that would cost though.

Would the price not be kept down if we just made it a standing area and didnt have the bolt up seats that celtc have? We'd not be able to use that area for european games once every 5 years or so but so what. We can use the vast majority of the south in any possible european games.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    But is it? I thought Celtic have this rail seating as standing areas aren't allowed in UEFA competitions. So there's seats there, just like elsewhere, but for league games they are "locked up". It's 1 person per seat so I don't think safe standing increases the capacity at all and if it does, it's not by very much at all.
    Werder (Or might've been Hannover) have the "Celtic" model of safe standing and can get 2 people to 1 seat. I think Celtic proposed a ratio of 1.5 people to one seat but Glasgow Council H&S being the stumbling block.

Noticed the Union Bears along with Club 1872 yesterday are campaigning for the same thing at Ibrox.

Anyhoo questionnaire filled in and shared. Having experienced it at a few German stadiums i'd love to see it implemented in Scotland. Would also be willing to contribute to costs.
    Last edited by green&left; 15-01-2018 at 07:31 AM.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I voted no, i am not totally opposed to a safe standing area but would rather any money spent on he team for the foreseeable future.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I voted no, i am not totally opposed to a safe standing area but would rather any money spent on he team for the foreseeable future.

What about a fan funded safe standing section?

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I wouldn't be against solely fan funded effort but if you look at the apathy to HSL.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    If it makes financial sense to have safe standing then it’s down to the club to fund it. They should however charge a premium price to those who see it as the most attractive way to watch fitba.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

As others have said, i think the corner between East and FF would be the ideal standing/singing section. People can still buy ST's but its for the section not a specific 'spot' allows people to still congregate with their mates more easily (something that i think all seating makes difficult). If it proves popular then it could 'spill' round into the FF lower as per demand. Would have loved something like this for a while, though now at my age i'm a bit more partial to having a seat than i used to be.
    There is no doubt that standing helps with creating 'atmosphere'.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I think it would have to be FF Lower. I don't think the East would work unless at the very end...which I don't think would be attractive to those wanting to stand.
    The FF Lower would be a nightmare to implement. The whole Family Stand would have to be relocated. Imagine the complaints that would generate. The same could be said for the FF Upper another area with very high season ticket sales. The East would also be a non-starter and as for the West.......

It would cost the club a lot of money with no additional revenue. Indeed I suspect there would be demand for lower prices for standing areas.

There is no way that Hibs will commit capital spend for zero revenue when that cash would be better spent on the Team for no reason other than to satisfy a few obsessives who want to relive their youth.

If it is going to happen anywhere, it will be in a Corner preferably between the FF and the East. It would be costly but it would expand capacity and give more revenue for six or seven matches a season.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Werder (Or might've been Hannover) have the "Celtic" model of safe standing and can get 2 people to 1 seat. I think Celtic proposed a ratio of 1.5 people to one seat but Glasgow Council H&S being the stumbling block.

Noticed the Union Bears along with Club 1872 yesterday are campaigning for the same thing at Ibrox.

Anyhoo questionnaire filled in and shared. Having experienced it at a few German stadiums i'd love to see it implemented in Scotland. Would also be willing to contribute to costs.
    So at Celtic it is 1:1? Just curious. This is 2018 not 1978 so I'd imagine there'll be, especially in the UK, a real focus on the "safe" element of "safe standing" even when it is allowed, and rightly so.

Has there ever been a feasibility study done, or are Hibs just saying, "too expensive, not happening"