hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This might pave the way for Naismith finding his way to piggery park.
    May not be a bad thing. I had visions of Naismith (who surely cannot feature in the cup tie fitness wise, can he?) going to the Hun and then Hearts desparately trying to get Cummings on loan in time for the cup tie. That would concern me a little......

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    He can do what he likes as far as I'm concerned.

We nicked him for nothing from the bitter Yams and made money from him on a transfer.

Between that time, he inflicted a lot of pain on them, gave us a lot of fun and with a great goal in the 2-2 fightback, the winner in the replay and a pass to Stokes for the first goal in the Final, was absolutely instrumental in me having the greatest day of my Hibs life in 55 years and completely rejuvenating our club.

He owes us nothing and will always be a Hibee hero to me.
    Fantastic post and fantastic attitude.
    Hope the majority of our fans feel the same way and show him the respect he deserves when he plays against us.
    LEGEND

I'll never dislike Cummings, he contributed to the greatest day of my life, gave us plenty great derby memories, and his goals majorly contributed to us winning promotion last year. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't saddened by him going to the huns of all teams and seeing him with a hun top on will be pretty stomach turning.

Thankyou for the memories and good times Jason but I cannot wish you well with that mob. Anywhere else other than the OF or hearts and I'd be rooting for you to do great things but not there.

If he plays against us at ER for them I wont boo. He's done too much for this club to deserve that but I certainly wont be applauding him if he gets subbed off. I don't even know why people did that for Griffiths in the semi-final. I will never applaud an old firm player regardless of who they are or if they claim to be a boyhood hibs fan, it's just not right.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Cummings scored a barrowload for us. He’s a finisher. He will score plenty for them up here. I can’t believe some of the dismissive pish on this thread. Reeks of sour grapes. In saying all that, I don’t wish him well at the hun.
    Sadly it's guaranteed he'll score a lot for them - with the decisions they get from the officials in our game he can't fail !. Though how he'll get on at a 'Football Club' where football ISN'T the most important thing is a different matter !

He's untested at Premiership level. Big step up.

Coaching Staff
    Footballer from championship goes to England, doesn’t make an impact, and six months later, as predicted by many, returns on loan to Scotland.

From my point of view, nothing startling in that.

Jason now has to prove that the SPL IS a level that he is good enough for.

Wish him no harm, but he is not our player and is in a Rangers strip, so don’t wish him well in an6 playing sense, and see his next stop in the footballing equivalent of snakes and ladders game, as being Tynecastle.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post

Honestly, do you believe that? The games he had for us against Huns, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc..were all "premier league level"..he has just played 10-15 games in the championship - he will already be a better player than when he left. The step up isn't much. He will do fine there. Can't imagine if he signed for us, people would be positing it's a big step up...

As he's playing for The Rangers, I hope his loan spell is a total disaster.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Honestly, do you believe that? The games he had for us against Huns, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc..were all "premier league level"..he has just played 10-15 games in the championship - he will already be a better player than when he left. The step up isn't much. He will do fine there. Can't imagine if he signed for us, people would be positing it's a big step up...
    Well it would seem we are about to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    As he's playing for The Rangers, I hope his loan spell is a total disaster.
    This for me. Wish him all the best as a guy but that's out the window whilst he's at the Huns.

How has he got on at Forest? Presumably not too well if he's heading back home already.

Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed by this. Firstly because it's Rangers he's going to and secondly because he'll score plenty of goals for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Up View Post
    How has he got on at Forest? Presumably not too well if he's heading back home already.

Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed by this. Firstly because it's Rangers he's going to and secondly because he'll score plenty of goals for them.
    1 goal in 14 appearances

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Up View Post

Think his chances have been limited. Wiki shows 14 league games and 1 goal, but I doubt many of those games were starts.

He did score a couple of cracking goals in a League Cup match they won at Newcastle (reserve team?), that may end up being the highlight of his Forest career, doubt he'll return to them.

@hibs.net private member
    1 goal in 14 appearances
    He scored two against Newcastle in the cup....so must be more than that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    He scored two against Newcastle in the cup....so must be more than that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wiki just tends to count league apps/goals.

Left by mutual consent!
    I hate Sevco more than any other club so I will bow out on what I think of Cummings this evening cup or not.

'Hun dog' just doesn't have the same ring to it...

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callyballybe View Post
    'Hun dog' just doesn't have the same ring to it...
    "You ain't nothin' but a Hundog, shocking all the time"

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    "You ain't nothin' but a Hundog, shocking all the time"

Very good

Left by mutual consent!
    😂😂😂😂😂😂

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by RG04 View Post
    Jason Cummings huh......

Remember we are talking about the born yam from a yam family pictured giving it the *-1.....gets released signs for us then is scoring at tynie castle pointing at the badge and thumping his chest! I'm not sure I would play for hearts and do the same in front of the east even if Rod and LD came round and personally burnt down my house!

Also his bumper pay checks at NF seem to have given him a few more nights out in Edinburgh and a "joker" tat on his thigh!

Good luck in Glasgow my friend.......
    Hearts, his boyhood team, told him that his dream of playing professional football was over. We offered him a lifeline that he grabbed with both hands.

It's hardly surprising how much he enjoys scoring against them, and equally that he likes to "live the life" a bit.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Is that different from a post-Madonna?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Well, The Rangers needn’t expect miracles from him.

He should have stayed at Hibs to get Premiership experience, but I suppose when the chance comes you have to grab it, lets face it a bad injury or a poor season might have meant the chance never came again.

Gutted he has gone to them, but like everybody else I'm grateful it isn't the Yams coz that would have been worse. All things being said and done he hasn't yet proved himself at Premiership level and hasn't done so at English Championship level either. In view of that and having watched him week in and week out I cant say I would be pishin' ma breeks if he lined up for the Huns against us.

He will always be a Hibs hero ..... but until he moves on he will be a Hun Zero ...... the sooner that happens the sooner I'll be able to get back to loving the wee scamp again

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Let’s keep that crap for keek back . Cummings put the ****bos to the sword in almost every game he played them for us .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Option to buy him in the summer is apparently only 600k and not 1mill. Decent deal for the Huns, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Ex Hibs player who served us well and is looking to play football and make as much money as he can. The judas and snide remarks are hardly merited. Good luck to him except when he plays against us.

Said it on another thread.

He was always going to come back to Scotland.

The question was..who for.

Glad it’s not the yams as scoring in the derby against us wouldn’t be great.

He may score against us at the Huns too and may still end up at Hearts one day - he’s a character and he / his agent will want the ££

I’m not actually that bothered - he helped us beat the Huns in the cup and that day was priceless plus all the goals against the yams.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Ex Hibs player who served us well and is looking to play football and make as much money as he can. The judas and snide remarks are hardly merited. Good luck to him except when he plays against us.
    Yes, it is really up to Hibs whether we are good enough for Europe qualifying spots. Cummings goals would help The Rangers if he goes there, and I don’t see much point wishing ill will on him.

Sore one, like it is when any player I like signs for them.

Here’s hoping his time is pish there and he moves on again! I wonder how quickly his “banter” I used to find amusing will not really irritate me :)

I actually hope he does well...but not against us. Basically, the same as Leigh Griffiths at Celtic.