hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agent " Jason sign the Hibs contract just now as it's worthless anyway, the release clause makes sure of that. Rangers want you but no way will Hibs sell to them after all the hooha of last season's cup game, we'll get you a Championship club for a few months and then get you back up home to sign for Rangers as per the original plans."
    1 well maybe 2 small problems there, what if he was top goalscorer in the Championship with 15 goals or so, and the new manager wanted to have a look at him?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    I’m sure he had a lucrative deal already at Forest.

Maybe he just simply wasn’t playing or training well enough to get picked and he’s running away too soon. To me, neither club nor player have given that situation much of a chance.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    1 well maybe 2 small problems there, what if he was top goalscorer in the Championship with 15 goals or so, and the new manager wanted to have a look at him?
    True but I'm just an old cynic and think there's something dodgy going on, even Stubbs is questioning why he doesn't stay and fight for a place with a new manager coming in. Plus he was never going to be a success immediately down there, he's still raw will lots to learn, definitely not the finished article.

The new manager seems to have allowed this move without even looking at him, wonder why.

Left by mutual consent!
    Agent " Jason sign the Hibs contract just now as it's worthless anyway, the release clause makes sure of that. Rangers want you but no way will Hibs sell to them after all the hooha of last season's cup game, we'll get you a Championship club for a few months and then get you back up home to sign for Rangers as per the original plans."

There's more chance of his agent advising him to not sign and create a Scott Allan/Jamie Walker situation.

He will be on more at Forest than the huns can afford also.

True but I'm just an old cynic and think there's something dodgy going on, even Stubbs is questioning why he doesn't stay and fight for a place with a new manager coming in. Plus he was never going to be a success immediately down there, he's still raw will lots to learn, definitely not the finished article.

The new manager seems to have allowed this move without even looking at him, wonder why.
    I personally don't think he's good enough for England, especially the Championship.

I also do not think any English club will sign a player and pay him wages, a signing on fee and a transfer fee knowing he's going back up the road in 6 months just to help another club out.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    'Big Dode' Byron
    Don't forget Oor Wullie Shakespear and his MacBetty play.

Testimonial Due
    Another game, zero minutes on the pitch. Says how much rangers have rated him if he can’t get minutes on over an old Kenny Miller. Don’t think they will sign him at end of season.

Looks like his move away from hibs could be another that jumped too soon, his bank account has progressed but he hasn’t.

I’d still take him back, and he could easily be yet another that in near future ends up back at us looking to kick start his career again imo.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Certainly doesn’t seem like Cummings is well thought of by the manager at the Huns if he can’t get a game over Kenny Miller. Wee shame, especially after all the bragging that came with his signing. Hope his Jambo dad is still bursting with WATP pride.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    He’ll end up at hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    He’ll end up at hearts
    Can’t see it mate. Too much baggage.

He's just not that good a football player, there's been many who have left us and done similar. Unless he's scoring goals, he contributes little else.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    He’ll end up at hearts
    He’d be mental to go to Hearts

But hopefully a message to young Scottish footballers, learn your trade before chasing the money

@hibs.net private member
    Would you take him back at Easter Road?

Before his move to Ibrox I would have, I certainly wouldn't now, nothing to do with signing for them, I just have faith that our recruitment team could sign better.

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Would you take him back at Easter Road?

Before his move to Ibrox I would have, I certainly wouldn't now, nothing to do with signing for them, I just have faith that our recruitment team could sign better.
    I’d take him in a heartbeat

Tin hat on but i dont think Cummings is good enough to play regularly in the Premiership.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Guys a legend, I’d definitely take him back.

United we stand here....

He left us far too early. He was extremely badly advised and should have stayed for at least another season. Apart from 3 seasons in the Scottish Championship and a few games in the Scottish Premiership as an 18 year old playing in one of the worst Hibs teams in living memory, he does not have a lot of experience of top level football.

Nottingham Forest was the wrong move for him and Rangers doesn't seem to have been much better. The writing was on the wall after he scored a hat-trick against Falkirk the other week and then failed to start against Celtic the following week.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I’d take him in a heartbeat
    Me too, but would Lennon?
    Thought he was glad to see the back of him last summer

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    Tin hat on but i dont think Cummings is good enough to play regularly in the Premiership.
    Not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Me too, but would Lennon?
    Thought he was glad to see the back of him last summer
    Agreed. Lennon would probably avoid him if its his choice

Cummings is good player, probably better than both of our current strikers, but I think our team would be weaker if he replaced either of them.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Come back to Easter Road Jason. We'll get him scoring again, especially paired up front with Kamberi.

Left by mutual consent!
    I never understood Cummings rush to leave Hibs at the time he did. The most obvious sensible option for his career was one full season in the SPL with Hibs.

Big games in the derby where surely he would have scored against them. Then he gets the Glasgow and Aberdeen teams it was the perfect step up in his career but he wanted out.

Maybe Lennon didn't rate him and Cummings knew this?

I love wee Jason and think he is a real personality but he had a long way to go to get himself playing well week in and week out at the top level.

Big move for him next he needs to keep his confidence up, would I take him back at Hibs? Aye why not but he would need to take a drop in wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Cummings is good player, probably better than both of our current strikers, but I think our team would be weaker if he replaced either of them.
    Big Flo is way better than Jason . Kamberi has 6 goals form 8 games in this league . Cummings has 1 goal from about 25 games . Goals aside Kamberis work rate and hold up play is in another league to Cumdog as is his attitude .

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Cummings wanted away from Edinburgh hence why he left Hibs when he did. He wanted to leave after the Cup win but agreed with Lennon to stay with the understanding that he could go in the summer.

I was surprised that he was back in Scotland so soon, especially to the Huns because if he thought Edinburgh was a good fish bowl then playing for one of the Arse Cheeks magnifies it 10 times over.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Won't wish Cummings any bad luck but Shaw is a better all rounder player and potentially even striker, Kamberi is just better and McClaren brings something else to the party too. If these 3 were to stay then I'd use the money for something else.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I thought Lennon pulled out all the stops to get Jase to re-sign in 2016?

Like him very much, but not that fussed about getting him back. Both for the reasons outlined above. If he resigned I would be happy but not massively excited that we were moving forward. Modern teams need a little more than he can offer.

He's not a good enough footballer. He scores goals and nothing else, Kamberi is definitely a better option I don't want Cummings back.

He’ll end up at hearts
    Aye more chance of him ending up at hearts than us IMO. He’s a wind up merchant and would revel in the attention. Then obviously there’s the family hearts connection. Hopefully he ends up going back down south cos it’s not enjoyable watching him at the Huns and would be even less so at hearts.