hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Playing Devil's Advocate and being impartial here, I'm actually quietly impressed with what Murty is doing.
    He's revamped the coaching side and avoided the nonsense that went on under Pedro, Fanny's hat and Fat Ally by signing players who are Scottish, know the score up here and will probably come relatively cheap given the ridiculous wasted outlays of the past .
    Jason Cummings, Jamie Murphy and Russell Martin are all good players and will have no problems adjusting. These guys are not a risk.
    Yes they are way behind Celtic (in both budget and player pool depth) and they won't have Celtic's consistency (although they are capable of beating them in a one off game) but they should still finish second due to budget levels alone.

All fair comment. What gives me faith is that Murty’s team is liable to chuck it in any given game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    .. despite the general opinion that his contract had a buy-out clause, which Hibs had agreed to?
    When was this contract signed? Before or after alleged head turning?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    When was this contract signed? Before or after alleged head turning?
    When was the head-turning? :)

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Why is everybody so worried about Cummings going to Ibrox....we were "offered" him apparently but NL turned it down and rightly so for various reasons. I don't have a problem with that.......lets see what develops.....particularly how McLaren performs. We might be pleasantly surprised by all accounts. He might surprise us all...and then compare him to Jason if you still feel the need!! Watch this space

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Cummings was wanted by them as soon as he banged in the goals against them. Cummings really wanted to go at the time. Hibs would not sell to them. Fannies hat buys him for Forrest. 6 months later hes up at them. Not difficult to see whsts happened here. Agent played a blinder. Hibs screwed over.
    If Cummings "really wanted to go", then let's give some credit to the lad's professionalism that he never spat the dummy, ran to the papers etc. And also pay tribute to his loyalty to the club that let him live his dream of playing football for a living that he signed a new contract rather than simply leaving on a free.

Despite being a Hearts fan as a kid, he's shown more respect and loyalty to Hibs than the 'of our own' trio of Ian Murray, Derek Riordan and Kevin Thomson managed between them.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If Cummings is a Hibs legend we need to find a new word to describe the Famous Five.

First division player that scored a few against the Huns and Hearts and he’s given legendary status??

No chance.

Is Gunnersson also a Hibs legend?!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    If Cummings is a Hibs legend we need to find a new word to describe the Famous Five.

First division player that scored a few against the Huns and Hearts and he’s given legendary status??

No chance.

For being part of the squad that won the cup, yes he is. Anyone who played a part is a legend imo

Left by mutual consent!

No chance.

Is Gunnersson also a
    Hibs legend?!
    You do realise his role in us winning the one cup we all hoped and prayed for aye? Without Cummings there's no Scottish Cup, just let that sink in.

Gunnersson is a hero, in fact a legend.

Every last one of they players who brought that cup back are legends.

No chance.

The full cup winning squad are legends. They provided a day that many of us had given up hope of ever seeing in our lifetime.

I wish him nothing but misery during his time at his present employer but Jason Cummings is certainly a Hibs legend.

Testimonial Due

Absolutely. With bonus points for being the coolest man on the open top bus.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Niklas Gunnarson was immense when he came on. Made a fantastic tackle when Rangers were breaking into the box, closed down everything - really solid defensive display under pressure.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Niklas Gunnarson was immense when he came on. Made a fantastic tackle when Rangers were breaking into the box, closed down everything - really solid defensive display under pressure.

He would be a great transfer for us just now....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    He would be a great transfer for us just now....
    👍 Where is he now. Would love to see him back developing here.

When you think of all the ***** randoms we have taken on loan over the years he was a brilliant signing.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

No chance.

what a daft statement to make

Crazy anyone is questioning his legend status because he moved to rangers. Go back watch the DVD and his contribution then come back. Every player that day is and forever will be a legend regardless of where their future career takes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    👍 Where is he now. Would love to see him back developing here.

When you think of all the ***** randoms we have taken on loan over the years he was a brilliant signing.
    Playing in Sweden it seems. Djurgårdens.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Up View Post
    Playing in Sweden it seems. Djurgårdens.
    He'd be a great shout. They were 3rd in the Swedish top league last year. The season having ended 2 months ago. He only played 18 games for them in 2017, he started the last 2 games but was on the bench for the 6 before that. He'd better off with Hibs... and it's a couple of degrees warmer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    To be honest I was more gutted when wee Russell went and signed direct from Hibs to the Buns!

Much more, yet now a few years on I've as good as forgotten that he ever played for the Oldco Huns.

My only interest in all this is what it means to Hibs in terms of any sell on clause we have for Jason. Didn't love him when he was at Hibs and don't hate him now he is at the huns. I understand if he stayed with NFFC he was going nowhere so from his point of view and for his career he is doing the right thing.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    My only interest in all this is what it means to Hibs in terms of any sell on clause we have for Jason. Didn't love him when he was at Hibs and don't hate him now he is at the huns. I understand if he stayed with NFFC he was going nowhere so from his point of view and for his career he is doing the right thing.
    I'd be surprised if there wasn't a sell-on clause. My question would be whether that was based on the fee or any profit.

Of course, a sell-on clause only kicks in if there is an actual sale.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Really gutted we couldn't keep him on. I thought he was immense and he scored a cracker against Rangers at ER

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    Why is everybody so worried about Cummings going to Ibrox....we were "offered" him apparently but NL turned it down and rightly so for various reasons. I don't have a problem with that.......lets see what develops.....particularly how McLaren performs. We might be pleasantly surprised by all accounts. He might surprise us all...and then compare him to Jason if you still feel the need!! Watch this space
    Given Rangers have agreed a fee to sign him in the summer I seriously doubt that Hibs were offered him

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I'd be surprised if there wasn't a sell-on clause. My question would be whether that was based on the fee or any profit.

Of course, a sell-on clause only kicks in if there is an actual sale.

If you believe the media reports it sounds as though Forest are happy to recoup their outlay so no profit involved

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Given Rangers have agreed a fee to sign him in the summer I seriously doubt that Hibs were offered him
    Yep. And given he's pushed for the move there instead of staying South as per the original plan before his manager Fanny hat got punted it's even less likely.

"I am absolutely delighted to get the chance to join Rangers,"

"This is one of the biggest clubs in world football and I can't wait to play at Ibrox in front of so many supporters, it really is a dream come true.

Who would say such a thing?
    The quote is not Jason's, but somebody rather closer to home.

Regardless of what we as supporters feel about that club, it is very different for a professional player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

"This is one of the biggest clubs in world football and I can't wait to play at Ibrox in front of so many supporters, it really is a dream come true.

Regardless of what we as supporters feel about that club, it is very different for a professional player.
    Anyone who's watched more than a handful of Cummings interviews will know that Cummings is about as likely to say
    'It really is a dream come true' as he is to say 'what what old bean, it'd be awfully kind of you to accompany me to this evenings ballet performance'.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

"one of the biggest clubs in the world" is just their standard line new signings are expected to trot out, like our signings are always blown away by East Mains, or Celtic's have dreamed of pulling on the hoops since they were a child.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    "one of the biggest clubs in the world" is just their standard line new signings are expected to trot out, like our signings are always blown away by East Mains, or Celtic's have dreamed of pulling on the hoops since they were a child.

fair enough points...but tbh it's a great move for him. And he will be delighted....If you are a Scottish pro, you'd find it hard to turn down Rangers or Celtic. They are the biggest clubs in our league. He will revel in the big game atmosphere there. If he gets game time, he will score goals.

As soon as the game went professional any player loyalty ended.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post

The quote on signing for Rangers that I posted - joining one of biggest clubs in the world, dream come true etc was by Darren McGrgregor if anyone wonders.