hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree with this, was hilarious! For me it’s probably the time that we were playing Hearts at Easter Road round about the time they were rumoured to be moving to Murrayfield.

Craig Gordon went over towards the East to take a free kick and someone chucked a rugby ball onto the pitch! The timing was spot on and we all laughed and embraced. Even Fulton found it funny himself!
    Gordon was laughing too. Think he even threw it back oval ball style. And Pressley got booked for being ugly.
    Last edited by The_Horde; 17-01-2018 at 01:33 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Gordon was laughing too. Think he even threw it back oval ball style. And Pressley got booked for being ugly.
    Even Kujabi was laughing!

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McrHibee View Post
    Being new to this forum, apologies if a similar post has been put on here before, but with it still being the mid-season break and football being light on the Easter Road ground, I was just wondering...

We've all suffered endless hours of crap football, shivering in the cold and questioning your own sanity as your desire only for a return to the pub and a warm fire as another goal is conceded only deepens... but we all must agree that what makes going to the match so special is not necessarily what happens on the pitch but the events that take place off it, either involving yourself or others, that help make certain games stand out from the rest...

So, what's the funniest thing you've seen when going to the match, off the pitch, that you remember... and still laugh about now...
    Seem to recall a LC game in the mid to late 80s v Arbroath mibbies - bye kick - goalie took it and smacked off the back of one of their defenders and went in the net - anyone recall or am I going completely mad ?

Quote Originally Posted by McrHibee View Post
    Being new to this forum, apologies if a similar post has been put on here before, but with it still being the mid-season break and football being light on the Easter Road ground, I was just wondering...

We've all suffered endless hours of crap football, shivering in the cold and questioning your own sanity as your desire only for a return to the pub and a warm fire as another goal is conceded only deepens... but we all must agree that what makes going to the match so special is not necessarily what happens on the pitch but the events that take place off it, either involving yourself or others, that help make certain games stand out from the rest...

So, what's the funniest thing you've seen when going to the match, off the pitch, that you remember... and still laugh about now...
    I wasn’t there (odd coz I didn’t miss many games back then - home or away) but my Soapdodging mate tells me that Alan Sneddon’s first game for us was at Parkheid - when the teams ran out he went with the Celtic players by mistake - might be bollocks but he doesn’t bs me - still , I hope it was true - I loved big Snedds - great servant to our great club

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    I wasn’t there (odd coz I didn’t miss many games back then - home or away) but my Soapdodging mate tells me that Alan Sneddon’s first game for us was at Parkheid - when the teams ran out he went with the Celtic players by mistake - might be bollocks but he doesn’t bs me - still , I hope it was true - I loved big Snedds - great servant to our great club
    His debut for us was against Raith Rovers at Starks Park - we were in the old 1st division at the time. He didn't play against Celtic until the following season.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 17-01-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    His debut for us was against Raith Rovers at Starks Park.
    Might’ve been his 1st game for us at PH but I can’t believe I would have missed it - might’ve missed the KO right enough as my mate Jake the Hibby /Fiery Jack was always holding us back for vars reasons - not just the beer consumption !

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Bobby Jamieson running over to grab the linesman by the throat and half throttle him - never seen anything like it before or since.

A big fat woman getting stuck in the turnstiles for the old east and the fire brigade had to cut her out - she got some abuse that day.

Climbing into ER at night circa 1972 and having a kick about on the hallowed ground.

Non ER one was Wembley when a Scottish fan was killed diving into the fountain. Cue a total silence as word got out what had happened. This was broken by a very loud voice shouting "Has he goat a ticket".
    The Bobby Thomson incident was on the day of my 21st birthday - I have still got the photos from it (must post them sometime) some show the linesman upright too - 4-1 and I think it was 4-1 when BT attacked him - still recall him running from the centre of the pitch at full pelt - funny at the time but must’ve been scary for the official. The scoreboard was actually working that day and I have got photos of my HB wishes paid for by my mate and the final score showing The Poppy Thieves losing - 19/11/1983 !

Testimonial Due
    This one from going to watch Meadowbank Thistle, they were playing Clyde.

I remember watching the game and noticing a wee boy dressed in a Parka with a woolly hat on under the hood.

As the game went on and Clyde were more and more on top, the Clyde fans were shouting "The Bully Wee" again and again.

Into the second half and he was getting more and more restless, until the Clyde fans started chanting again, "The Bully Wee", quick as a flash the wee boy jump up shouting "I bet you don't even know who Napoleon was"?????

The faces of the fans around him was a treat to see!!!!!!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Against Aberdeen at ER. Chic Charnley was sitting getting his ankle treated by the physio, the ref bent over to speak to Charnley who promptly gave him a big theatrical kiss on the cheek.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Not read the whole thread but:

The time the guy was demonstrating driving Sinclair C5(remember those?) round the edge of the pitch and got all the way back to just short of the tunnel when he was pied in the face with superb accuracy from the front of the main stand.

At home to Aberdeen with snow on the ground in the 80s and someone managed to smack Stuart McKimmie on the back of the head with a snowball from way up the uncovered terrace. TBF to McKimmie he turned and acknowledged the accuracy of the throw with a grin and thumbs up.

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Was standing quite near this when it kicked off, pishing myself!

Two Forest fans fighting over the last half-time pie!

'Leave it, he's not worth it'

'Don't bully meh!'

Loved the Max and Paddy style 'Whoa, whoa, whoa'!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvk3fwmrZIs
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown