hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Raith away in a friendly. Ball gets kicked out the park and it hits a front door then bounces off down the road. An elderly woman then answers the door and then looks about to see who knocked on her door 😂 funny thing during a very boring game.
    Winner.

Terrible 0-0 draw before the start of the most boring season ever (Mixu 08-09), one of the most surreal things I've ever seen. The woman opened the door to see a whole stand of football fans laughing at her.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Funniest moment? Hibs v Hearts at ER. Stevie Fulton gets a yellow card and the East Stand erupts into a spontaneos chant of "Booked 'cos you're ugly" . Even Fulton grinned at that.
    Remember that!!

As a youngster, sitting in the east there was what seemed at the time an absolute monster of a guy that sat about 1-2 rows in front of me he looked like Shaun Dennis. Anyway we were playing Dundee United Billy Dodds scored must have been confused or trying to wind us up. He ran to the east to celebrate big Shaun Dennis look a like takes exception to this, launches his half eaten pie covered in brown sauce right at him, lands slap bang in the middle of his strip, proceeds to run down his strip, looking like a massive turd had been wiped on it!! Had me in stitches.

A few years back I sat in front of a guy who absolutely hated Mixu as a player. Every week he gave him absolute pelters for 90 minutes. 'Can't ****ing jump', 'at least challenge ya fat ****', '**** off back to Lapland' were a few of his insults.

One game, may have been against Motherwell, he had slaughtered him all game when Mixu popped up with a late winner. Guy was up celebrating when a guy behind him started shouting 'sit doon ya ****ing hypocrite' and tried to force him back into his seat. The 2 of them spent about 2 minutes wrestling before both sitring down looking a bit daft.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Gary Deegan stripping down Peter Pawlett. That was funny!

Along with the "booked for being ugly" situation it would definitely be the kujabi free kick at ER. The whole ground laughing at his attempt was priceless. 😂

The "shrieking Tam Scobbie" match was hilarious.

Scobbie went down under a heavy challenge in front of the old East and made a bizarre shrieking noise.

For the rest of the game, whenever the ball went near Scobbie the whole East mimicked the shrieking noise.

I've never heard anything like it before or since, and it was hilarious.

A mate of mine who didn't support Hibs had come along with me for the day and the whole match experience meant he had the time of his life. He came with me regularly for a few years after that before moving away from Edinburgh.

No idea what happened during the actual game of football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Way back in the mists of time (probably the 60s), we were playing Airdrie at ER. To say the football on offer was dire would be an understatement. The ball goes out of play and into the crowd near the front of the old East terracing. Whereupon a Hibs fan picks up the ball and runs all the way up to the very top of the high terracing, drops the ball onto his foot and wellies it out of the ground, to great applause from the suffering Hibees in attendance. If I remember correctly he was arrested for his trouble.
    I'm sure I read in the press days later, that the then chairman, Tom Hart, presented the guy with a season ticket for his actions.
    I'm just reading Archie Macpherson's biography of Jock Stein, and this is recounted. Apparently the chairman (Harry Swan according to Macpherson) got the charges dropped and gave the season ticket on the grounds that at least the spectator knew what he was doing with the ball, unlike some of the players. The manager took that as a hint that his days were numbered, resigned, and they brought Jock Stein in to replace him.

It seems to have been one of the most effective single kicks of the ball in Hibs history!
    Last edited by Aim Here; 13-01-2018 at 10:42 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Vague memory back in the mists of time, Ally McMoist having returned to Scotland from Sunderland joined the now defunct Rangers. The Scottish rags started suggesting that he was being lined up for his first Scotland cap just before a match at Easter Road. McMoist makes a ridiculous mistake in front of the East Stand, and we instantly start chanting "Ally for Scotland, ha ha ha ha ha". To his credit, McMoist burst out laughing.

The night we beat Hearts 2 - 1 under Butcher I think it was ..... Outside the Loch Inn some of the more boisterous young lads were dancing on one of the tables when it gave way, Hibbies and beer bottles everywhere

On the field the day Paul Hartley was warming up for Hibs behind the goals, he didn't realise the ref had restarted the game with a drop ball which Hibs had kicked back to the opposition keeper ... he ran onto the park and booted the ball back up the pitch, the ref booked him and gave the opposition a free kick just outside our box

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Along with the "booked for being ugly" situation it would definitely be the kujabi free kick at ER. The whole ground laughing at his attempt was priceless. ��
    This one. I was obviously in the east and to be truthful the ball had more chance of hitting me than the net. A shocker.

https://youtu.be/xU92bJdIROM
    Last edited by iwasthere1972; 13-01-2018 at 11:34 AM.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I remember taking two lady visitors to a Hibs' v Aberdeen game at ER. When the East started singing "You're just sheep-sh****** b******s. I was asked to explain what they were singing. They said that it wasn't very nice saying that about the other team. Just then the Aberdeen supporters started singing "We know we're sheep-sh****** b******s".
    Timing is everything
    Last edited by snooky; 13-01-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Ever so slightly hibs/football related 😁

Many years back my Brother and I were having a few pints and games of pool in JPs (Meadowbank snooker) as we done before most home games at the time.

The place was quiet when all of a sudden there was a loud crash then a loud thump followed by a huge cloud of dust and a huge hole in the ceiling. When the dust cleared we saw a young dust covered lad clutching a football. I wondered what the **** I had been drinking 😆

Apparantly he was having a kick about in the lane beside the club with his mate and the ball landed on what must have been a weak part of the roof and it suddenly caved in with his weight so he decided to drop in on us 😆

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Ivan Sproule skinning 4 Gretna players, rounding the keeper only to put the ball clear over the crossbar

Even the home fans cheered that

One that sticks in my mind was Henry Smith preparing to take a goal kick with us giving it the big build up "Woooaaaa!"

He responded by cupping his ears (being Hibs fans, we didn't find this offensive, just upped the volume) and then launched the ball ..... straight out for a Hibs throw in.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    This one. I was obviously in the east and to be truthful the ball had more chance of hitting me than the net. A shocker.

https://youtu.be/xU92bJdIROM
    https://youtu.be/FBs6TUo-QG8

I know it's not Hibs related, but we were all poorless with laughter watching this at at Tranmere

at the PBS. some herts mutant giving it big licks to us as he came down the stairs, tripped, landed on his back as his pizza flew up and straight back down...landing square in his puss.

hilarious.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Promising Youngster
    Too many mention but here's a few....

Rugby Park Friday night sky TV game and really poor weather... half time draw for a car is won by someone in the home end, he proceeds to run from top of the stairs level with the half way line and disappears (he's took a fall) appears at the bottom hand in air still clutching his winning ticket!!! THEN A Steward proceeded to coat us in sawdust from a bucket he was meant to be putting on the floor to stop people from slipping...not so funny

Nov 5th 2005 away to Livi...down 1-0 and Deano warming up behind goal gets a shout to come on....he's being pestered for his hibs gloves by a group of teens near the front behind the goal....throws the gloves to the group of guys and what ensues is a mêlée that evolves punches flung and people falling over advertising boards....we went on to win the game 2-1

Edinburgh airport day after 9\11, waiting in departures and my old man picks out a huge guy and says I hope am no sitting next to him.....on the plane the guy walks up sits directly in front of my dad and his seat flew so far back he could not use the tray in front of him for entire journey.....I laughed the whole journey only to find out when we landed UEFA had cancelled all matches!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Kujabi's free kick.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I remember a game when Tony Rougier was playing against us for Raith at ER and he chased a ball to try and prevent it going out for a throw in near the half way line and he ran crotch 1st into the orange emergency phone box next to the east stand, there was a loud ooooo followed by alot of laughter

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Hibs away to Dunfermline who had just installed a synthetic pitch which was shockingly poor quality - a bit like B&Q's artificial grass.

Cue a streaker who ended his run with a swallow dive onto the pitch - more of an 'ouch' moment than plain hilarious. When the steward helped him up you could already see the red welts appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    A well known and respected Hibs fan bursting a whole row of seats as he sat down in Dinaburg Latvia when we were in the Inter Toto cup springs to mind! The noise was that loud even the players stopped and turned round to see what it was. .
    They were well prepared with the fire engine in the corner though! :-)

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Hibs away to Dunfermline who had just installed a synthetic pitch which was shockingly poor quality - a bit like B&Q's artificial grass.

Cue a streaker who ended his run with a swallow dive onto the pitch - more of an 'ouch' moment than plain hilarious. When the steward helped him up you could already see the red welts appearing.

Did he not run off the pitch and climb up the roof of the stand?

Hibs were the first and last away team to play a competitive match on that pitch IIRC

Larsson to Charnley.....................
    Pick that one out!!

Blog Entries
    Hibs v st Johnstone

Mickey weir(5foot)tries to get past John mclelland(7foot),fails,so decides to pull down McClelland's shorts,ref gives a foul.

Cue McClelland pulling up his nether garment,storm up to a worried looking Mickey.......and planting a big kiss on the top of his head.

Blog Entries
    Missed penalty.

From behind me "Houchen if you had 5 free shots at John Lennon,he'd still be alive"

Delivered with a fair amount of venom.

Davie Bowman whilst playing for Utd coming over to the old East to take a throw sporting a terrible hair do....someone shouted "Bowman yer hairs no well". Priceless.

80s match v Thistle, guy behind me kept shouting "Cmon Hibs get intae these Patrick tramps" - whilst wearing a snorkel with hood up during August and chords, both very un trendy at the time.

Lad I "knew" coming out toilets behind the old East years ago, dropped a test tube like container which a friendly policeman helped pick up and hand it back to him, illegal kingsize still inside....

GGTTH
    Last edited by Fergos; 13-01-2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergos View Post
    Davie Bowman whilst playing for Utd coming over to the old East to take a throw sporting a terrible hair do....someone shouted "Bowman yer hairs no well". Priceless.

80s match v Thistle, guy behind me kept shouting "Cmon Hibs get intae these Patrick tramps" - whilst wearing a snorkel with hood up during August and chords, both very un trendy at the time.

Lad I "knew" coming out toilets behind the old East years ago, dropped a test tube like container which a friendly policeman helped pick up and hand it back to him, illegal kingsize still inside....

GGTTH

Bobby Jamieson running over to grab the linesman by the throat and half throttle him - never seen anything like it before or since.

A big fat woman getting stuck in the turnstiles for the old east and the fire brigade had to cut her out - she got some abuse that day.

Climbing into ER at night circa 1972 and having a kick about on the hallowed ground.

Non ER one was Wembley when a Scottish fan was killed diving into the fountain. Cue a total silence as word got out what had happened. This was broken by a very loud voice shouting "Has he goat a ticket".

Hibs v Celtic linesman hit with a pie then a boy was on and squaring up to same linesman. Boy Jumped back into the East and cops tried to lift wrong guy. Pandemonium.