Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I'm just reading Archie Macpherson's biography of Jock Stein, and this is recounted. Apparently the chairman (Harry Swan according to Macpherson) got the charges dropped and gave the season ticket on the grounds that at least the spectator knew what he was doing with the ball, unlike some of the players. The manager took that as a hint that his days were numbered, resigned, and they brought Jock Stein in to replace him.

It seems to have been one of the most effective single kicks of the ball in Hibs history!
I was pretty sure this happened during Hart's time as chairman, but it was a long time ago, so could be wrong. Harry Swan stepped down in '63 - I thought it would've been after that, but not while Harrower was chairman (he was there until '70).
MacPherson's book is excellent (I've got it too) but I would certainly dispute his version of the incident. The guy was on the lower section of the East when he picked up the ball and started his run, went across the path and up on to the high terracing before kicking the ball clean out the ground.