hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobby Jamieson running over to grab the linesman by the throat and half throttle him - never seen anything like it before or since.

A big fat woman getting stuck in the turnstiles for the old east and the fire brigade had to cut her out - she got some abuse that day.

Climbing into ER at night circa 1972 and having a kick about on the hallowed ground.

Non ER one was Wembley when a Scottish fan was killed diving into the fountain. Cue a total silence as word got out what had happened. This was broken by a very loud voice shouting "Has he goat a ticket".
    Thompson?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Thompson?

tho we did have a willie jamison at one time iirc

See the getting old thread re memory

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

tho we did have a willie jamison at one time iirc
    Yes we did. Scored on his debut I think...

As Latapy makes it six i jumped up and punched my brothers glasses clean off his face as were going mental he’s on his hands and knees looking for his specs.The next day i had a plumber a jambo working at my house.He came in all dead pan face the result wasn’t mentioned untill about 10 oclock when he let rip OFFS just slag me the silent smiling is torture so gave him two barrells for the rest of the day

Fans taking shots throwing snowballs at Jamie McDonald behind the goals at Falkirk away was quite entertaining a few seasons back

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famousfivehh View Post
    Hibs v Celtic linesman hit with a pie then a boy was on and squaring up to same linesman. Boy Jumped back into the East and cops tried to lift wrong guy. Pandemonium.
    That was after the offside/not offside goal for Celtic at the Famous 5 end, surprisingly the officials got it right that day (Hibs player passed the ball back meaning the Celtic player was onside) but regardless, the accuracy of the pie shot was amazing. I'm fairly sure the culprit was behind me and I was row M seat 33ish, the pie hit the lino square in the back of the napper,,,,the lino didn't even turn around and to his credit I don't think it was even in the match report (could be wrong though).

At a Hibs v Hearts game at Easter Road, someone from the east stand threw a rugby ball into the pitch when Hearts were awarded a throw in. Romanov had been in the press saying Hearts were so well supported that the club could sell out Murrayfield every home match.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Way back in the mists of time (probably the 60s), we were playing Airdrie at ER. To say the football on offer was dire would be an understatement. The ball goes out of play and into the crowd near the front of the old East terracing. Whereupon a Hibs fan picks up the ball and runs all the way up to the very top of the high terracing, drops the ball onto his foot and wellies it out of the ground, to great applause from the suffering Hibees in attendance. If I remember correctly he was arrested for his trouble.
    I'm sure I read in the press days later, that the then chairman, Tom Hart, presented the guy with a season ticket for his actions.
    I remember that. Did the boy not nash off with the ball and out the ground?

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Remember way back on the old high terracing on New Years Day and this old guy totally pie eyed with a bottle of whiskey in his hip pocket takes an aŁ$e over T%t fall down the steps and after several somersaults he gets up and bottle is still intact , my faither and I and loads of guys round us just about peed ourselves laughing.

Several sevco players sitting on the turf after SDG scored on 21.05.16

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Funniest moment? Hibs v Hearts at ER. Stevie Fulton gets a yellow card and the East Stand erupts into a spontaneous chant of "Booked 'cos you're ugly" . Even Fulton grinned at that.
    That’s mine too, he did take it well

Airdrie away back in the late 90's.. Freezing cold saturday.. !!

Can always remember a Hibby down near the front and he was shouting (something) at someone and his false teeth came flying out and landed on the pitch near a lassie steward who looked about 15..

she was in the horrors passing back the guy his false teeth.. got quite a few cheers that did..

Quote Originally Posted by eaststandJJ View Post
    At a Hibs v Hearts game at Easter Road, someone from the east stand threw a rugby ball into the pitch when Hearts were awarded a throw in. Romanov had been in the press saying Hearts were so well supported that the club could sell out Murrayfield every home match.
    Thats 3 times thats happened now.

I always used to enjoy when a dog ran onto the pitch, especially when it went after the ball. You never see that now. Not so many strays about the streets.

It tended to happen on dark winter midweek days and was often a blessed relief from the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I always used to enjoy when a dog ran onto the pitch, especially when it went after the ball. You never see that now. Not so many strays about the streets.

It tended to happen on wet winter Wednesdays and was often a blessed relief from the actual game.
    There was a mouse at the side of the pitch in the Leverkusen v Bayern Munich match last night. The camera focused in on it for a while. It didn't seem at all bothered by all the noise or the crowd. It is quite unusual to see wildlife at a football match these days... outwith Ibrox or Tynecastle that is.
    Last edited by Mr White; 13-01-2018 at 08:09 PM.

I recall seeing a televised game from England where a load of footballs(?) were launched onto the pitch from outside the ground.

I'm away on YouTube to see if there is any footage. Back soon.

The “Only Alex Higgins Comes Back From 0-7” banner draped on one of the piggery floodlights in 1983 After his infamous comeback in the UK Championship Final.
    (He won 16-15)

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Has anyone mentioned Russel Latapy? Think he was on trial.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Kujabi's free kick.
    Certainly wasn't funny at the time lol!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    My favourite took about 20 years to manifest. Motherwell were beating Hibs in a midweek match at ER when the ref abandoned the match after about 20mins due to fog. Well keeper that night was Stuart Rennie who I worked with for a number of years who told me he was on the pitch for another 5 to 10 mins thinking they were dominating before someone in their dressing room noticed he wasn't there.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    My favourite took about 20 years to manifest. Motherwell were beating Hibs in a midweek match at ER when the ref abandoned the match after about 20mins due to fog. Well keeper that night was Stuart Rennie who I worked with for a number of years who told me he was on the pitch for another 5 to 10 mins thinking they were dominating before someone in their dressing room noticed he wasn't there.

On a very good thread that's the funniest so far.

My favourite was a boy getting pies behind the goals at Brockville. Big queue and he was obviously buying for all his mates or was very hungry. As he walked back down the stairs a stray shot battered into the tray and all the pies and bovril went flying. To be fair to the boy the second after it happened he turned and walked back to the end of the pie queue. The mates and I used to have a laugh about years after.

I was there that night

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    I was there that night

Although, i thought Hibs were winning. Getting old now so mibbe wrong

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Although, i thought Hibs were winning. Getting old now so mibbe wrong

Willie Pettigrew scored after about 5 mins then the fog came down. No refunds or vouchers in those days...

Outstanding,

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Not really in the OP spirit but apparently there were a few titters on Sportsound this afternoon when Willie Miller was reading out the Dumbarton team. Part of the line up read “ Hutton Handling Dick”

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    A Tri some might say.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    I remember a game, possibly vs pre-liquidation Rangers, where a guy proposed at half time. The announcer was bigging it up, they located the lucky lady in the East, and she said no. It was brilliant.