hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Fan Reps Interview Part 2 - Daily Record & Academy

    We return with part 2 of our interview with Frank and Tracey. We find out a bit more about their roles, why the club worked with the daily record again, the state of the academy and general issues with Hibs such as stadium conerns (Catering).




    Back next week with a mid season review.

    https://soundcloud.com/hibstalk/dail...fan-rep-part-2




  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,260
    After part one, covering a very controversial issue, this one could almost be considered an anti climax!

    However, sometimes it’s the so called small issues, that attract ones attention.

    There was a question on the installation of handrails....something that perhaps of my no longer being a regular at Easter Road, struck a chord with me.

    Way back in 2008, my wife refused to return to hospitality in the West because she simply did not feel safe without a hand rail to assist her if required if she got nudged.

    Missed out on the half time pies!

    Coming from Oz, she was used to hand rails being installed at strategic locations as a matter of course....but they were completely absent from ER..and she could not understand how a stadium housing thousands would NOT have them.

    I know that ER meets all health and safety requirement minimum standards, but agree with the person that raised the question through the podcast that many, especially auld farts like me..would be more comfortable with handrails if they could be fitted in safely.

    Good to hear that Frank said he would raise it.

  4. #3
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,260
    Other comment I have...and it may just be down to my device...but the podcast seems to end abruptly with Tracey in mid sentence.

    An editing mix up....or my I pad?

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other comment I have...and it may just be down to my device...but the podcast seems to end abruptly with Tracey in mid sentence.

    An editing mix up....or my I pad?
    I do a summary at the end then the Begbies play us out as always, try downloading it again.If anyone else has had this issue let me know.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsTalk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do a summary at the end then the Begbies play us out as always, try downloading it again.If anyone else has had this issue let me know.
    Same problem as above on iphone Tracey cut mid sentence

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    13,338
    I think after the last one, the kindest thing would be not to listen to it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Yeah the podcast cuts of at 33 minutes rather than 48. Working on it.

    People were asking for the Podcast on YouTube, so here's the full part 2 and I'll reupload part 2 to Soundcloud/iTunes. Apologies.

    we will get part 1 up over the weekend as well as all future Podcasts.





    https://youtu.be/FsHRs5UmLjw

  9. #8
    First Team Regular Skol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Murrayfield
    Age
    50
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think after the last one, the kindest thing would be not to listen to it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is harsh and very unfair on those that went to the effort to put this together and Frank and Tracey who have at least started to try and communicate more effectively with the people they represent.

    I listened to most of the first version today and while I didnt agree with everything I heard, I do now at least have some of the rationale which I appreciate.

    My request to Frank and Tracey would be to build upon this and try to work on how they communicate with the fans. Frank in particular though needs to reflect on his style. Banging the table and raising his voice and being the only view that valid is not helpful. Tracey was not polished but a bit better in how she got the points across. I am a bit uncomfortable with the Away ST upgrades, but then again its technically allowed so no issue

    I was frustrated that they made such a play of people not turning up to working together or surgeries. For a variety of reasons these dont always work for people. At the very least we should get a summary of what was raised, what was done and what the outcome was. I would really like to ask that Frank & Tracey would start to try and communicate with the fan base. Hibs have a database with our e-mail addresses. It cannot be hard to give us a monthly update and maybe a historical record of all of these that people can refer back to.

    I did agree with what I heard on the Rangers issue and I know some on here dont agree with that, however they did explain the rationale and we move on

    Loyalty/Tickets also interesting as Frank clearly doesnt agree with current stance, but that it. Away ST is the best compromise at present. Not ideal either. In part though we are victims of our own success with current ST levels. In years gone by there were fewer ST holders and a large number who wouldnt go to Tynie for fear of getting beat (but claim they wouldnt give Hearts the money). Now we have record STs and record demand as we have a decent chance. Some of my best derby memories are from games when we didnt sell out the away end. I would hope that Hibs do think about Tynie sales though and I would propose:

    1) Away STs first (of which I am not one)
    2) Parkhead/Ibrox attenders (again I am not one due to past experiences)
    3) Season Tickets - and maybe we could do some type of an application/ballot scheme

    I do remember at least one season when as part of the ST you could sign up for an automatic cup ticket and tynie ticket. Maybe that could also be in place for people who pay in cash up front and early

    Just some ideas.

    Anyway, thanks to Frank, Tracy and the guys for the attempt. Please let this be the start of opening more positive communication channels that done just sit in the Hibs Club or Working Together Groups. Frank, you say you are not hard to recognise as you are six four and big. Plenty people also fall into that category as well though, and not everyone knows who you are.

  10. #9
    Commited Shareholder Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    55
    Posts
    5,937
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsTalk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do a summary at the end then the Begbies play us out as always, try downloading it again.If anyone else has had this issue let me know.
    Not Rep related but are the Begbies fellahs Hibbies? Seen them support Steve Diggle a few years back (with the Hibby-fronted Rahs). Loved the White Feather number.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    17,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is harsh and very unfair on those that went to the effort to put this together and Frank and Tracey who have at least started to try and communicate more effectively with the people they represent.

    I listened to most of the first version today and while I didnt agree with everything I heard, I do now at least have some of the rationale which I appreciate.

    My request to Frank and Tracey would be to build upon this and try to work on how they communicate with the fans. Frank in particular though needs to reflect on his style. Banging the table and raising his voice and being the only view that valid is not helpful. Tracey was not polished but a bit better in how she got the points across. I am a bit uncomfortable with the Away ST upgrades, but then again its technically allowed so no issue

    I was frustrated that they made such a play of people not turning up to working together or surgeries. For a variety of reasons these dont always work for people. At the very least we should get a summary of what was raised, what was done and what the outcome was. I would really like to ask that Frank & Tracey would start to try and communicate with the fan base. Hibs have a database with our e-mail addresses. It cannot be hard to give us a monthly update and maybe a historical record of all of these that people can refer back to.

    I did agree with what I heard on the Rangers issue and I know some on here dont agree with that, however they did explain the rationale and we move on

    Loyalty/Tickets also interesting as Frank clearly doesnt agree with current stance, but that it. Away ST is the best compromise at present. Not ideal either. In part though we are victims of our own success with current ST levels. In years gone by there were fewer ST holders and a large number who wouldnt go to Tynie for fear of getting beat (but claim they wouldnt give Hearts the money). Now we have record STs and record demand as we have a decent chance. Some of my best derby memories are from games when we didnt sell out the away end. I would hope that Hibs do think about Tynie sales though and I would propose:

    1) Away STs first (of which I am not one)
    2) Parkhead/Ibrox attenders (again I am not one due to past experiences)

    3) Season Tickets - and maybe we could do some type of an application/ballot scheme

    I do remember at least one season when as part of the ST you could sign up for an automatic cup ticket and tynie ticket. Maybe that could also be in place for people who pay in cash up front and early

    Just some ideas.

    Anyway, thanks to Frank, Tracy and the guys for the attempt. Please let this be the start of opening more positive communication channels that done just sit in the Hibs Club or Working Together Groups. Frank, you say you are not hard to recognise as you are six four and big. Plenty people also fall into that category as well though, and not everyone knows who you are.

    But as its been mentioned folk use the AST or their own season ticket to buy tickets for these games then pass them on to others/ Non STH's too. Just making the point, not wanting to start another argument/debate.

  12. #11
    First Team Regular Skol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Murrayfield
    Age
    50
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But as its been mentioned folk use the AST or their own season ticket to buy tickets for these games then pass them on to others/ Non STH's too. Just making the point, not wanting to start another argument/debate.
    I did say I was uncomfortable with what Tracey does on her childrens AST. I would imagine though that this is very unusual, especially given the small numbers and most of those will be the people who will attend every week unless their leg is falling off.

    The issue of the TO staff being hounded/abused over loyalty points is one that many should reflect on !

  13. #12
    Well done for getting them in and asking the question. Good that the reps came in and answered as well - they promised frequent communication and this is a good start.

    I think some of the answers couldn’t been more considered but they can build on this.

  14. #13
    Fair play to both of them for giving their time to answer the questions and to those who put it together. Both have made interesting listening and I appreciate anyone who gives up their own time and puts in the effort to help the club.

    Saying all that the interviews have probably just confirmed my belief the fans reps roles aren't required in their current guise.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  15. #14
    Commited Shareholder Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    55
    Posts
    5,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would propose:

    1) Away STs first (of which I am not one)
    2) Parkhead/Ibrox attenders (again I am not one due to past experiences)
    3) Season Tickets - and maybe we could do some type of an application/ballot scheme

    .

    Celtic and Rangers are difficult to get tickets for but are the easy games to want to attend so certainly shouldn't be tier 2 criteria. Probably dissected to death on the poll thread.



    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did say I was uncomfortable with what Tracey does on her childrens AST. I would imagine though that this is very unusual, especially given the small numbers and most of those will be the people who will attend every week unless their leg is falling off.

    The issue of the TO staff being hounded/abused over loyalty points is one that many should reflect on !
    This suggested abuse, I feel, is being overplayed and used as a distraction by the club who have got ticketing well wrong. Time it was taken out of discussions.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    This suggested abuse, I feel, is being overplayed and used as a distraction by the club who have got ticketing well wrong. Time it was taken out of discussions.
    I agree - the club should’ve been clear on the “rules” at the start and then folk wouldn’t have been asking for retrospective points. Also find it hard to believe that if LPs were reinstated there’d be no one willing to work in the TO.

    How hard is it for LD to call Budge and ask her for a copy and paste of the code so we can use their template?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved