hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Delboy4 is usually spot on. If this is what he's heard, it's from a decent source.

It's disappointing news but unsurprising.
    What was his source?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Yep. But we went away under Collins and came back worse off. Similar with Pat Fenlon (won't mention what happened after that trip) and IIRC we went away with yogi some point before our results went to pot.

We went away twice under Fenlon, first time we came back and lost the final and second time we got pumped from Malmo and had a horrendous start to the season

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    We went away twice under Fenlon, first time we came back and lost the final and second time we got pumped from Malmo and had a horrendous start to the season
    Did we not go away before losing the play-offs in Stubbs’ first season?

Yep. But we went away under Collins and came back worse off. Similar with Pat Fenlon (won't mention what happened after that trip) and IIRC we went away with yogi some point before our results went to pot.
    Dunno if you've noticed but Hearts are away too...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Dunno if you've noticed but Hearts are away too...

What's that got to do with my point about nothing good ever coming from hibs going away?

What's that got to do with my point about nothing good ever coming from hibs going away?
    Well surely it's a level playing field as its them we play 1st game back and both teams been away?? If you think we shoulda stayed at home well they never either??

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Well surely it's a level playing field as its them we play 1st game back and both teams been away?? If you think we shoulda stayed at home well they never either??

I've no idea what they'll be like after being away. If they're anything like us we're in for a terrific derby..
    Last edited by The_Horde; 13-01-2018 at 11:11 AM.

I've no idea what they'll be like after being away. If they're anything like us we're in for a terrific derby..
    Let's hope so...going by Simon Murray's comments in today's EEN it's been no holiday- double training sessions the 1st 3 days in Portugal

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    Also, I don’t know which night it was but could it have been when the gaffer was at that function and they’ve thought “whilst the cats away, the mice will play!” ???
    Why would a Hibs fan post this Quote " It could have been " Quotes like this can only cause harm .As iv'be said before if you don't know for sure don't post

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    What was his source?
    As I said in a previous post . there is s always some inside information or Good Source , is there not???

Do People ever give up spreading Gossip about Anthony Stokes
    Its as simple as this , Since Anthony was fifteen some people just will not leave him alone . I remember the first day the news broke Anthony was 14 years and Arsenal had offered him just short of one Million pounds to sign. Stories appeared in the Irish papers and rather than congratulating him quite a lot of the papers and parents of other boys on the team were not happy and let their opinion be known, Jealousy?? Who knows? but from them on he has lived with more rumors, gossip and newspapers articles than any other player I have ever seen.

Does Anthony care? not one bit,
    He has lived the life he wants, people say he could have played in the premiership he should be doing this and that. its complete nonsense. Anthony is probably the happiest and most content young man I ever met, nothing bothers him he has made a lot of money and spent a lot of money. When he goes on the pitch he gives it his all, his record in the SPL speaks for itself . so go on making up stories I wonder what people will do when he decides to call it a day, and some stories he will have to tell then.
    I think Maybe,he should have swapped it all for a regular job in a bank or Mc Donald's (yea Right??)

Quote Originally Posted by ismisebigo View Post
    As I said in a previous post . there is s always some inside information or Good Source , is there not???

Do People ever give up spreading Gossip about Anthony Stokes
    Its as simple as this , Since Anthony was fifteen some people just will not leave him alone . I remember the first day the news broke Anthony was 14 years and Arsenal had offered him just short of one Million pounds to sign. Stories appeared in the Irish papers and rather than congratulating him quite a lot of the papers and parents of other boys on the team were not happy and let their opinion be known, Jealousy?? Who knows? but from them on he has lived with more rumors, gossip and newspapers articles than any other player I have ever seen.

Does Anthony care? not one bit,
    He has lived the life he wants, people say he could have played in the premiership he should be doing this and that. its complete nonsense. Anthony is probably the happiest and most content young man I ever met, nothing bothers him he has made a lot of money and spent a lot of money. When he goes on the pitch he gives it his all, his record in the SPL speaks for itself . so go on making up stories I wonder what people will do when he decides to call it a day, and some stories he will have to tell then.
    I think Maybe,he should have swapped it all for a regular job in a bank or Mc Donald's (yea Right??)
    Stokes brings a lot of attention into himself if you speak to him you will know that. That care free attitude is what you could say has prevented him from playing at the highest level.

The boy has bags of talent and I for one will always be thankful for everything he done in that cup final. It’s Stokes himself who may find himself looking back wondering what could have been more than us missing him. He’s done alright this season but could do far better that’s for sure.

Why do people have to live his life for him

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Stokes brings a lot of attention into himself if you speak to him you will know that. That care free attitude is what you could say has prevented him from playing at the highest level.

The boy has bags of talent and I for one will always be thankful for everything he done in that cup final. It’s Stokes himself who may find himself looking back wondering what could have been more than us missing him. He’s done alright this season but could do far better that’s for sure.
    Why do you say he will "he will look back " somehow with regret " and believe me I know him quite well. has it never occurred to you and others, that he is happy where he is and does not need or want to be playing at a higher level as you say.

Why can't you and other Hib's fans just accept him as he is and leave it at that ?

Why do you say he will "he will look back " somehow with regret " and believe me I know him quite well. has it never occurred to you and others, that he is happy where he is and does not need or want to be playing at a higher level as you say.

Why can't you and other Hib's fans just accept him as he is and leave it at that ?
    You seem to be missing the point. That’s fair enough if he’s happy, but he could have done more in the game. I think you will also find I’m a fan of his as well so not quite sure what you mean!

I’ve met him couple of times myself, nice lad but as a pro he could have done so much more with his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    You seem to be missing the point. That’s fair enough if he’s happy, but he could have done more in the game. I think you will also find I’m a fan of his as well so not quite sure what you mean!

I’ve met him couple of times myself, nice lad but as a pro he could have done so much more with his career.
    Its you who is missing the point why cant you understand ITS UP to ANTHONY HOW HE PLAYS OUT HIS CAREER. Whether you think he could have done better or not, does not matter , That fact that you met him a couple of times means you don't know him at all . Anyway this is about people on here spreading lies rumors (whatever you want to call it)about Anthony and the amount of people who are happy to believe anything anybody says about him as long as its negative.

Its you who is missing the point why cant you understand ITS UP to ANTHONY HOW HE PLAYS OUT HIS CAREER. Whether you think he could have done better or not, does not matter , That fact that you met him a couple of times means you don't know him at all . Anyway this is about people on here spreading lies rumors (whatever you want to call it)about Anthony and the amount of people who are happy to believe anything anybody says about him as long as its negative.
    I never said I knew him, you need to calm yourself down. There has been some rubbish posted about him but I know there is stuff that is true. Folk will post these things whether you like it or not that’s forums for you.

Last word on this

Look, Anthony Stokes is a Hib's player. So why would anyone who claims to be a supporter bother posting stories like this with absolutely no evidence, and even if there was evidence, which in this case there is not, Why condemn one of your own players on a public forum? especially knowing that journalist and others who have an agenda either against the club or player will make the most of any stories posted on here. It makes no sense to me. Sometimes I don't know whether people are just plain stupid or just a lacking a little intelligence.

Look, Anthony Stokes is a Hib's player. So why would anyone who claims to be a supporter bother posting stories like this with absolutely no evidence, and even if there was evidence, which in this case there is not, Why condemn one of your own players on a public forum? especially knowing that journalist and others who have an agenda either against the club or player will make the most of any stories posted on here. It makes no sense to me. Sometimes I don't know whether people are just plain stupid or just a lacking a little intelligence.

Here Here!

With my career i could have gone to London and earned way more but it would effect my quality of life. I chose to stay in Scotland. Footballers are entitled to exactly the same choices.

And if del boy is professing to be an agent he should know better than posting hearsay on fans forums. Stirring before a derby maybe?

Rattle in a brace at tiny castle next week please Stoksie!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Or are attention seekers.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Nail on head.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    It's a bandwagon that folk are going to jump on though.

Anthony Stokes caused said bandwagon to be built due to his off-pitch activities and that, coupled with his lack-lustre performances on the park, have added further fuel. He gets away with murder from a lot of our support because of THAT performance some 20 months ago.

I think he knows that though and, although some cut him some slack, others see through the charade.

We could replace him easily with a lower wage earner and someone who gives a damn about our club.

Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavola View Post

Anthony Stokes caused said bandwagon to be built due to his off-pitch activities and that, coupled with his lack-lustre performances on the park, have added further fuel. He gets away with murder from a lot of our support because of THAT performance some 20 months ago.

I think he knows that though and, although some cut him some slack, others see through the charade.

We could replace him easily with a lower wage earner and someone who gives a damn about our club.
    Or it's a bandwagon that people like you are all too happy to jump on.

Despite being in and out the team and certainly not at his best there are only 4 or 5 players who have actually scored more than him in the league with none of them (Boyd excepted) remotely in our price range. He's not irreplaceable but wouldnt be easily replaced at all.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Charade ?

Seriously?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Or it's a bandwagon that people like you are all too happy to jump on.

Despite being in and out the team and certainly not at his best there are only 4 or 5 players who have actually scored more than him in the league with none of them (Boyd excepted) remotely in our price range. He's not irreplaceable but wouldnt be easily replaced at all.
    I can assure you, I am far from happy about the situation with Stokes and am equally unhappy about being accused of jumping on the bandwagon.

You're right however regarding the fact that he is not irreplaceable.

It's not that he's 'not at his best' as you put it, it's more like he doesn't try to DO his best.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Charade ?

Seriously?
    Charade?

Maybe the wrong word I grant you.

How often do you leave a game and say 'Stokesy put in a right good shift the day'?

I can assure you, I am far from happy about the situation with Stokes and am equally unhappy about being accused of jumping on the bandwagon.

You're right however regarding the fact that he is not irreplaceable.

It's not that he's 'not at his best' as you put it, it's more like he doesn't try to DO his best.
    On the pitch I have no problem with Stokes's effort generally. Just because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken it doesn't mean he doesn't try. I think that type of criticism is lazier than Stokes is.

Happy to admit that he's not done as well as I'd expect but despite that he'll still end up with 20 goals or thereabouts. Do you really think that is easily replaceable? Especially for less money?

Some of the criticism is over the top. I've actually read some posts where I genuinely think people are almost willing him to do something wrong so they can say told you so. And, again, I write this as someone who doesn't for a minute think he's been brilliant this season.

On the pitch I have no problem with Stokes's effort generally. Just because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken it doesn't mean he doesn't try. I think that type of criticism is lazier than Stokes is.

Happy to admit that he's not done as well as I'd expect but despite that he'll still end up with 20 goals or thereabouts. Do you really think that is easily replaceable? Especially for less money?

Some of the criticism is over the top. I've actually read some posts where I genuinely think people are almost willing him to do something wrong so they can say told you so. And, again, I write this as someone who doesn't for a minute think he's been brilliant this season.
    Fair enough BHFC

Not trying to get into an argument here at all. Thanks for debating my post.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Unless, of course, something did happen...
    No smoke without fire. 🔥

I think his stats are about equal to that of the same stage of his first season here.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    That's my take on too mate.
    It hacks me off when people who claim to be Hibbies, post negative rumours when there is no evidence to back it up. They then often try to back their original post up by adding,,....''and IF it is true'', blah de blah blah blah.
    Most of it is absolute bollocks and attention seeking crap.

GGTTH

GGTTH

Your bang on the money mate...sick of hearing the stokes is lazy comments both in here and at matches. Think some would prefer we go back to the James Collins era of strikers that run about all day doing a whole lot of nothing