hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve been liking your recent posts Fire...but this is nonsense - he remains an early target when things go wrong - sometimes fair, often unwarranted...

Anyway back to Stokes - is he staying ..
    This.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I’ve been liking your recent posts Fire...but this is nonsense - he remains an early target when things go wrong - sometimes fair, often unwarranted...

Anyway back to Stokes - is he staying ..
    Cheers man and fair enough I haven't seen them. I thought every single person was won over by him over the past couple seasons eventually but there's some overly precious (with reason I understand) posters since I've joined up that don't like a thing said about him. Nondanger im wanting this thread to discuss anything Lewis apart from the ultimate living legend there is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IlDiavola View Post
    This.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Lewis Stevenson gets no stick. He could have an utter shocker and the min someone gives him less than 7/10 his whole supporters club come after you.
    Criticism of Stevenson always divides opinion ..... that's not the same as saying he doesn't get any, he gets loads.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    👍
    No bother mate.

Your posts usually seem fair and well balanced.

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers man and fair enough I haven't seen them. I thought every single person was won over by him over the past couple seasons eventually but there's some overly precious (with reason I understand) posters since I've joined up that don't like a thing said about him. Nondanger im wanting this thread to discuss anything Lewis apart from the ultimate living legend there is.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyHibby View Post
    This scares me. Really hope he stays at Hibs for many years.

This.
    Well then people need to get off his back, I traveled to a recent game and was shocked to hear fans booing him and calling him nasty names, Just accept him as he is if he can get goals to help the team . then great but fans have to understand you get what you see with Anthony Stokes. Everybody knew what they were getting when he signed.
    Last edited by ismisebigo; 16-01-2018 at 06:54 PM.

First Team Breakthrough BarneyHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ismisebigo View Post
    Well then people need to get off his back, I traveled to a recent game and was shocked to hear fans booing him and calling him nasty names, Just accept him as he is if he can get goals to help the team . then great but fans have to understand you get what you see with Anthony Stokes. Everybody knew what they were getting when he signed.
    I agree with you. That's unacceptable and disgusting but this is a small minority of "fans". Real Hibs fans do not behave in this way.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Is Anthony threatening to go on strike.

Left by mutual consent!
    That never happened.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    About time the thread was closed.Lets just move on.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    There’s a possibility that the problem in Portugal might have been a tad more worse than we thought...

Now, I’m not wanting all you guys doubting me again and getting offensive replies on the thread because after all I am a Hibby who is only bearing snippets of what I get told.

Update: I heard ( true or not ) Stokes has been told to find another club. Now, if this is true, that will coincide with Swanson maybe going out on loan to StJ or another club. In my opinion, we need both of them at this stage in the season but mbaybe Hibs have had enough with all the shenanigans!

My thinking on Boyle is that if he didn’t just get that extension to his contact he could have possibly been on his way out too. Now that’s just me reading between the lines there so don’t shoot me down for my thoughts.

I suppose we will find out when the squad is announced for Sunday’s game who is in or out of it. Hopefully all are included and Stokes plays a blinder scoring a hattie.

GGTTH
    Saw an interview with Neil on SSN about the derby and he was coming out with it has been dealt with and boys will be boys sort of thing. Didnt seem unduly bothered about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Saw an interview with Neil on SSN about the derby and he was coming out with it has been dealt with and boys will be boys sort of thing. Didnt seem unduly bothered about it.
    Good, hope so JimB

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    About time the thread was closed.Lets just move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    There’s a possibility that the problem in Portugal might have been a tad more worse than we thought...

Now, I’m not wanting all you guys doubting me again and getting offensive replies on the thread because after all I am a Hibby who is only bearing snippets of what I get told.

Update: I heard ( true or not ) Stokes has been told to find another club. Now, if this is true, that will coincide with Swanson maybe going out on loan to StJ or another club. In my opinion, we need both of them at this stage in the season but mbaybe Hibs have had enough with all the shenanigans!

My thinking on Boyle is that if he didn’t just get that extension to his contact he could have possibly been on his way out too. Now that’s just me reading between the lines there so don’t shoot me down for my thoughts.

I suppose we will find out when the squad is announced for Sunday’s game who is in or out of it. Hopefully all are included and Stokes plays a blinder scoring a hattie.

GGTTH

Fingers crossed it is all sorted or getting sorted!

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Would prefer if you kept the snippets to yourself, at least until after Sunday, and deleted this post. It does the team no go whatsoever and I don't get why a Hibby would post it.
    Yeah, we shouldn’t acknowledge losses either, or anything negative.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Would prefer if you kept the snippets to yourself, at least until after Sunday, and deleted this post. It does the team no go whatsoever and I don't get why a Hibby would post it.
    You are spot on, let's just ignore anything negative about the club and hope that it goes away.

Ok deleted. I can’t delete replies tho

Well it must have been an away game then, because I attend every game at ER and haven't heard an individual player 'booed' since we were relegated. Perhaps you should tell us what game it was so that folk who were there can confirm your story.

Left by mutual consent!

Lets keep it as positive as we possibly can and retain the feel good factor. The pressure is all on the yams to stop our tremendous run of going for ten in a row.

Lets hope the referee keeps the yams in check as they will be pumped up to the max to try to stop us.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Well it must have been an away game then, because I attend every game at ER and haven't heard an individual player 'booed' since we were relegated. Perhaps you should tell us what game it was so that folk who were there can confirm your story.
    I assumed it was an away game when he said he travelled there. Of course that isn’t necessarily so.

We get Big home crowds though. Every chance a few people round him were behaving like morons while we were nowhere near them. Although granted you’d imagine someone else was aware if there was significant “booing”.

More generally on the topic - doesn’t bother me what gets posted on here as it’s what the forum is for (don’t get this notion that we’re going to get beat on Sunday because someone has shared more ‘info’ on an ongoing story.) but I can’t believe for a second that two of the individuals would be told to bolt while another gets away with it simply because he recently signed a new contract..(appreciate delboy just gave this as an opinion.. but would be poor management of the situation in my opinion.)
    Last edited by WeeRussell; 17-01-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post

Lets keep it as positive as we possibly can and retain the feel good factor. The pressure is all on the yams to stop our tremendous run of going for ten in a row.

Lets hope the referee keeps the yams in check as they will be pumped up to the max to try to stop us.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

A strong ref is required as they will (in typical Levein team fashion) set out to kick lumps out us and break up the play with niggly fouls. They hate when the likes of McGinn and McGeough get the ball down and try play football. They will gang up on these types of players.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    And what a legend he is.
    Double cup winner.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The manger has to play it down, a poster on the PM board said there was more to it and knowing him he doesn't get much wrong, Delboy is backing it up that there was more to it than the players just having a few extra beers.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...-swanson-back/

Bit in local paper up here about Swanson.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/spor...-swanson-back/

Bit in local paper up here about Swanson.
    That will be Danny off then. I can't think of the type of club that would Want Stokes at the moment.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    The only person I saw giving Stokes dogs abuse at Firrhill was Lennon.

That will be Danny off then. I can't think of the type of club that would Want Stokes at the moment.
    I saw some rant on facebook from one of Swansons relatives about the situation. it was all very candid but he wasnt happy about something.

[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;5278847]There isn't an 'anti Stokes brigade' mate. There's an anti players who have proved they are capable of far better failing to deliver and not appearing to care about it brigade.

Look at the stick Lewis Stevenson gets on here whenever he puts a foot wrong on the park .... a consummate professional who by his own admission doesn't have the talent of half the guys he has played alongside at Hibs. A guy who most would agree would be at best a Championship level player if it wasn't for his brilliant attitude and ability to play at a highly motivated level every time he pulls a Hibs shirt on. And by the way a player who has far more right to claim Hibs legendary status than any player at the club.

Scottish Cup winner
    Scottish Cup runner up twice

League Cup winner
    League cup runner up

Championship winner.

Played in more Edinburgh derbies than any Hibs player in history.

Why then should a player with more ability than practically any player at Easter Road who by his own admission has failed to reach the level of performance he is capable of this season be free from criticism when a limited player like Stevenson is not? Especially when he is not only below par on the pitch but being an aggravation to his manager and the club off it?

Nobody, but nobody, wanted or wants to see Anthony Stokes fail at this club .... there were a few folk concerned about us re signing him, myself included, given his contribution on the park in his last spell which cup final aside was at best average and a full season at his previous club where he barely kicked a ball because the manager felt he couldn't trust him.

What you are seeing here isn't an agenda mate .... Its disappointment at his performances and annoyance that for all his talk in the papers to the contrary he doesn't seem to care, or if he does he is going about proving it in a totally bizarre manner.[/QUOTE

Totally agree with this post and if Stokes had half the attitude of Stevenson alongside his ability there would be very little to moan about with him.
    My concerns are his impact on the team, disregard for his underperforming and a questionable attitude/committment to the club and fans to give his all.