hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Lennon leaves training camp for a Celtic function

Whether this was arranged prior to our training camp or not, it would appear Lennon has got his priorities all wrong.

http://m.whatsonglasgow.co.uk/event/055000-legends-of-scottish-football-with-chris-sutton-and-neil-lennon/

To leave the training camp and i’m assuming also missing tomorrow’s friendly game to attend this, is totally wrong.

He’s missing vital preparation time with the squad ahead of the derby plus an opportunity to assess Jamie MacLaren and choosing to attend a Celtic social function.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Burn the witch!

I'm certain that Lennon had other club related activities forcing him to travel back early, and is only heading to this cause he was already available.

He's done plenty stuff like this in his time with us. Whilst I don't particularly agree with it, it doesn't seem to have damaged us before.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Burn the witch!
    You think a Celtic social function should take priority rather than overseeing our training camp in Portugal, vital prep for the Derby and our friendly tomorrow which offers a chance to experiment and assess new players?

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Whether this was arranged prior to our training camp or not, it would appear Lennon has got his priorities all wrong.

http://m.whatsonglasgow.co.uk/event/...d-neil-lennon/

To leave the training camp and i’m assuming also missing tomorrow’s friendly game to attend this, is totally wrong.

He’s missing vital preparation time with the squad ahead of the derby plus an opportunity to assess Jamie MacLaren and choosing to attend a Celtic social function.
    I'm maybe missing something but it doesn't read like a Celtc function, it reads like a generic football thing and Lennon has stepped in at short notice to cover for an ill Bertie Auld.

Which maybe makes it a Hibs function, with Chris Sutton

Either way, I'm not losing much sleep.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    You think a Celtic social function should take priority rather than overseeing our training camp in Portugal, vital prep for the Derby and our friendly tomorrow which offers a chance to experiment and assess new players?
    It's not a Celtic function.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 11-01-2018 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I'm maybe missing something but it doesn't read like a Celtc function, it reads like a generic football thing and Lennon has stepped in at short notice to cover for an ill Bertie Auld.

Which maybe makes it a Hibs function, with Chris Sutton

Either way, I'm not losing much sleep.
    Still find it strange that the manager would prioritise anything else over spending quality time away at a training camp with the squad. He’s employed to manage Hibs and use this time to put us in as best position as possible for the season restarting, not flying back early for some social function.
    Last edited by macca70; 11-01-2018 at 11:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    https://mobile.twitter.com/gchalls/s...481?lang=en-gb

Nah, it’s Sutton who is replacing Auld, and this has obviously been in Lennon’s diary since at least October. When was our training camp organised?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    It's not a Celtic function.
    Ok sorry, your right, it’s not a ‘Celtic Function’, it is a Scottish Football function for Celtic legends Chris Sutton and Neil Lennon to discuss their footballing careers.

1 Celtic legend pulled out so was replaced by another Celtic legend.

Seems like a Celtic function to me.

The way its worded makes it seem as if Sutton is replacing Bertie Auld rather than Neil Lennon being the replacement, if so its possible Lennon had this gig in his diary well in advance ... whatever it is it doesn't look like a Celtic function to me. If he had this planned knowing we would be on a winter break and before he knew we would be going to Portugal fine ... but if not then in my opinion he shouldn't be leaving the squad to undertake non Hibs engagements.

I don't have any problem with NL attending Celtic or any other functions if he wants to ..... my opinion would certainly change on that if it came to him missing Hibs training sessions or friendly matches, especially where a new striker is being assessed to do so. In his own time fine, in Hibs time absolutely not ..... Hibs come first, end of story.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    He flew back to Scotland last night and is flying back to Portugal in the morning and will be back in time for the match. He’ll have been contracted to the event. Plenty other coaches still present in Portugal. Really isn’t an issue apart from the folk that want to make it one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Ok sorry, your right, it’s not a ‘Celtic Function’, it is a Scottish Football function for Celtic legends Chris Sutton and Neil Lennon to discuss their footballing careers.

1 Celtic legend pulled out so was replaced by another Celtic legend.

Seems like a Celtic function to me.
    I attend plenty of these events that involve Liverpool legends. The next one is Rush and McMahon in February in Edinburgh. If you don't like it fair enough, but surely if tbe club have no objections, it's fine.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    He flew back to Scotland last night and is flying back to Portugal in the morning and will be back in time for the match. He’ll have been contracted to the event. Plenty other coaches still present in Portugal. Really isn’t an issue apart from the folk that want to make it one.

Portugals a what 3 hour flight?

No issue what so ever with this

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Without knowing the working arrangements of the camp or indeed the details of his contract with our club, I’m not going to get too worked up about it.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    File under "so what" and move on

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Without knowing the working arrangements of the camp or indeed the details of his contract with our club, I’m not going to get too worked up about it.

Exactly, a few getting their y-fronts in a twist over nothing

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

How’s he getting back tomorrow morning? I’m not doubting you - it’s just I had a look at Skyscanner and nothing was jumping out at me departing tomorrow morning that would get him to Faro for kick off time, unless he has chartered a private plane.

I wish he didn't have such an affinity with Celtic but he does and the people in charge at Hibs don't appear to have a problem with it so that's the end of it for me.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    NL: Leeann, would it be possible for me to travel back from Portugal to Edinburgh for one evening to attend a function I previously agreed to speak at? It won't cost Hibs anything and it won't disrupt our training camp.

LeeAnn: No.

😂😂😂
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I attend plenty of these events that involve Liverpool legends. The next one is Rush and McMahon in February in Edinburgh. If you don't like it fair enough, but surely if tbe club have no objections, it's fine.
    Shoehorn.

If his flight gets delayed or cancelled then it could very well be a problem. I don't mind what he does in his free time but leaving in the middle of a training camp just for a function, which he could of declined, isn't just a simple matter.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Still find it strange that the manager would prioritise anything else over spending quality time away at a training camp with the squad. He’s employed to manage Hibs and use this time to put us in as best position as possible for the season restarting, not flying back early for some social function.
    I think you are assuming Leanne Dempster didn't ok this. As his line manager it seems fairly obvious she did.

If not then at least one of them isn't doing their job properly.

I suspect they are both doing their job properly and both NL and LD agreed this.

Of course if you have evidence otherwise.......
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member
    Seems some out there are intent on picking fault regarding NL, no matter how trivial it may be. Give the guy a break for God's sake.

I think you are assuming Leanne Dempster didn't ok this. As his line manager it seems fairly obvious she did.

If not then at least one of them isn't doing their job properly.

I suspect they are both doing their job properly and both NL and LD agreed this.

Of course if you have evidence otherwise.......
    Where did I say he went awol and escaped our training camp on unauthorised leave?

Clearly the club did plan for it, Leann was sat on the flight home with him. I still think our manager has got his priorities wrong, regardless if the club gave it the all clear.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Can the thread title please be changed before the hysteria sets in?

Cloak and Dagger He s probably persuading someone there to sign for Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Seems some out there are intent on picking fault regarding NL, no matter how trivial it may be. Give the guy a break for God's sake.
    Do you think our manager missing days away from an important training camp just so he can attend a 2 hr function to talk about his career at Celtic is acceptable?

Priorities are all wrong in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Who trains the team ? the ability to trust and appropriately delegate and empower is viewed as decent management in some quarters. Presenteeism and command and control is a bit pre-90s
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Do you think our manager missing days away from an important training camp just so he can attend a 2 hr function to talk about his career at Celtic is acceptable?

Priorities are all wrong in my opinion.
    Totally acceptable.

Unless you play for Drama Queen United.