hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    It was a play on their name tbh I’ll get my coat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tartanhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lucky we never played their first team
    Without seeing the game we were 1-0 up without our first team

We put on a load of youth players as subs

It’s annoying to lose any game but that’s the point of a friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Played there against Killiie as well and looked ok unless I’m imagining things.
    So he did mate I couldn't remember if he had or we were a back 3

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tartanhibee View Post
    It was a play on their name tbh I’ll get my coat.

Sorry but just don’t get the point of the winter break. It’s bascially a free week before a normal week of training then a difficult game on the Saturday?

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    We've conceded three goals more than the team in 2nd, two more than Rangers in 3rd, and have the 5th best defence in the league - so you're being way over the top, really.
    Maybe or maybe those teams defensive records are utter pap also. Which they are.

Maybe a more telling comparison would be against Celtic?

With the amount of possession we have most games, we should have better than the 5th best record.

We never look like keeping a clean sheet and have given away loads of cheap cheap goals

If we were losing goals to worldies, then fair enough.

IMO many of the goals we lose are avoidable and many of these borne out of defensive errors

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Thats just silly.
    Yeah so silly that Ambrose played there last season when Gray was dropped. Gray has been poor for a year or so now, Ambrose is better.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Maybe or maybe those teams defensive records are utter pap also. Which they are.

We never look like keeping a clean sheet and have given away loads of cheap cheap goals

IMO many of the goals we lose are avoidable and many of these borne out of defensive errors
    Apart from the ten games in which we have?

With the amount of possession we have most games, we should have better than the 5th best record.

U do realise u r comparing us with Celtic right?? Hardly a fair comparison. Oh and we kept a clean sheet at Tiny Tynie in our 2nd last game before break

Blog Entries
    Apart from the ten games in which we have?
    Really

10 league games?

or

How many league games and how many cup games against lower league teams?

if its 10 league games I am wrong and happy to admit it.

But you cant tell me that we haven't given away far more bad goals than we ought to have?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Played there against Killiie as well and looked ok unless I’m imagining things.
    Was three at the back against Killie. He did have a nice header in that game though and a decent run in the first half if I remember right.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Really

10 league games?

or

How many league games and how many cup games against lower league teams?

if its 10 league games I am wrong and happy to admit it.

But you cant tell me that we haven't given away far more bad goals than we ought to have?
    Five in each tournament. You might find it helpful to know these things before criticising the lack of them. At one point we kept three clean sheets in a week.

Most goals that every team concedes are bad goals, and we are no different. Your criticism is way over the top though.

EDIT: I forgot that Arbroath scored against us, so four in the league cup
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 12-01-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    U do realise u r comparing us with Celtic right?? Hardly a fair comparison. Oh and we kept a clean sheet at Tiny Tynie in our 2nd last game before break

Why is it not a fair comparison?

If that's what we aspire to be then it is entirely relevant.

I don't expect us to beat it or match it but it shows how far we are away

Its difficult to concede if they don't have a shot on target, but I accept that could be because the defence did their job.

How many shots period did they manage? Should we be afraid of this free scoring Hearts team who have bombarded their opponents goal relentlessly all season?

I don't ****ing think so!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Aberdeen, his last match there in the first half he was anything but comfortable as he's not been in other matches either. Centre half, yes. Right back maybe in the championship.
    thought he struggled getting forward against sevco too. He just doesn’t look natural running with the ball. Solid enough defensively but he’s just not suited to the attacking side we require from full backs nowadays.

ive only seen the lad a few times but the Dundee rb looks a player; Kerr I think he’s called. No sure of his situation though.

Its difficult to concede if they don't have a shot on target, but I accept that could be because the defence did their job.

How many shots period did they manage? Should we be afraid of this free scoring Hearts team who have bombarded their opponents goal relentlessly all season?

Away and have a sit down in a darkened room mate...u getting yourself into a bit of a state over very little

Why the **** would Celtic be a better comparison? We are first season back in the PL but let’s assess ourselves against a team miles a head quality wise and monetary wise.

Blog Entries
    Five in each tournament. You might find it helpful to know these things before criticising the lack of them. At one point we kept three clean sheets in a week.

Most goals that every team concedes are bad goals, and we are no different. Your criticism is way over the top though.
    Thanks for that info

I apologise for not having that info, but its not something I carry around with me or If I am honest can be bothered checking up.

I still think we lose far too many goals and I would hazard a guess that that run you speak of was many weeks ago.

I think our defensive performance has deteriorated markedly as the season has gone on.

I don't agree that most goals a team concedes are necessarily bad goals for a defence and would have no problem as I said if they were worldies and unavoidable.

I think many of the goals we concede are eminently avoidable and there have been some very poor goals amongst them.

Coupled with a team that doesn't score enough from its possession and a midfield almost devoid of goals it is a toxic mix and the poor goals conceded are as much a reason why we aren't further up the table as the lack of gaols bemoaned by many

I think the point is with reference to you calling our defence "pitiful".
    Not matching a team conceding significantly less than a goal a game and conceding a little over a goal a game ourselves isn't pitiful.

Sure most would agree that we'd all like a better defence but it's far from pitiful - we get punished hard in terms of goals scored against us per chance and that costs us points due to not scoring enough goals.

Also think it's not where our attentions should be focussed - to concede significantly fewer goals would require either defenders of a calibre we can't afford or to set the team up defensively and even then I'm not convinced we'd see a major improvement. What we need to do is increase our own goals tally given the chances we have.

@hibs.net private member
    for mr Hibs were the better team in the first Half. Was impressed by getting bodies into the box but then again we never scored on chances made. Second half Hibs doing good until the substitutions and then the Dutch where back into it. Though the did make one or two chances for a goal in the period up to substitutions.

For me man of the match was between Big Marv and Dylan, both looked good composed and strong in the tackle. Slivka was good on the right and looked like he was a new signing with a point to prove.

However their number 14 is a player, if Dylan does go and Hibs could afford him I’d certainly see him being a hit at Easter Road without a doubt, if we could sign him. Composed passes the ball forward then is actually trying to run past his on player to get ball back.
    Did the simple and easy things without any bother and did the harder things too. Don’t know his name or price bracket but think this player would go on to have a very good career in the uk. Disclaimer yes it’s only a friendly and would need to be assessed against harder challenges etc but he’d do well I think. Also he’s not the tallest but he plays football on the deck which is a good trait in my book.

GGTTH

They average about 12k at their games and will have access to more tv money than us so doubtful we can prize anyone away from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of Boyle, Barker, McLaren and Swanson have had a kick in either of the two friendlies which I find a bit strange, especially with Swanson needing game time and McLaren not having kicked a ball in anger for months. Unless we have arranged a bounce game for next week I cant believe NL will play McLaren from the start in the derby without 90 minutes under his belt.

Nice to see Simon Murray get a goal though.

@hibs.net private member
    We are poor at the back and have been for weeks now.

We also don’t create and score enough. That’s why the wind dried up before the break and why we won’t win many unless it’s sorted quickly.

Hearts don’t concede many so it’s worrying for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    None of Boyle, Barker, McLaren and Swanson have had a kick in either of the two friendlies which I find a bit strange, especially with Swanson needing game time and McLaren not having kicked a ball in anger for months. Unless we have arranged a bounce game for next week I cant believe NL will play McLaren from the start in the derby without 90 minutes under his belt.

Nice to see Simon Murray get a goal though.
    Totally agree.

It's quite interesting reading the Naismith thread (definitely won't be match fit for the derby as hasn't played for months) versus the McLaren thread where people have him straight in the Hibs team ;)

Totally with you on thinking it's strange that neither Swanson or McLaren got a run out - not been following but is McLaren with them in Portugal?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

We also don’t create and score enough. That’s why the wind dried up before the break and why we won’t win many unless it’s sorted quickly.

Not bad for a team sitting 4th

Some folks expectations for our first season back up are unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

"We don't create or score enough". We do create enough, it's just we don't have someone up top who's putting the chances away which is why MaClaren was signed.

hearts conceded to us last month and conceded today. They're not juventus ffs

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Why did Maclaren get no game time ?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Why did Maclaren get no game time ?
    Slight knock apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Not bad for a team sitting 4th

Some folks expectations for our first season back up are unreal.
    Its not so much even how many you score or how many you concede, its how they match up to the games you've played. Having a look at Bundesliga 2 when we signed McLaren the goals for and against for about 70% of the league is pretty close, Darmstadt's match up pretty well compared to over half the league and yet they are 3rd bottom.

Look at Motherwell, they are 10 points behind us with a game in hand, but they have only scored 5 less and conceded 3 more which isn't a huge margin over 20 and 21 games respectively.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Slight knock apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Its not so much even how many you score or how many you concede, its how they match up to the games you've played. Having a look at Bundesliga 2 when we signed McLaren the goals for and against for about 70% of the league is pretty close, Darmstadt's match up pretty well compared to over half the league and yet they are 3rd bottom.

Look at Motherwell, they are 10 points behind us with a game in hand, but they have only scored 5 less and conceded 3 more which isn't a huge margin over 20 and 21 games respectively.
    So are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? 😂😂