hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    I wonder how many of the 'non story' and 'It's no big deal' group would be saying the same if he was an ex-hun heading back to do a function in front of Rangers supporters?

It's a bit off him leaving the squad to fly back for Celtic fans. A Hibs manager shouldn't be doing this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really rate Garry Parker. He was a great player and has gone on to become s superb coach, an excellent communicator and one of the most able assistant managers we've ever had.

Lennon is the front man of a much larger unit, which can operate perfectly well when he's not there.

Complete non-story.
    Yep, agree. Mourhino still lives in London and isn't in Manchester every waking hour and don't get me started on guardiola and his trips to Spain.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If he flew back to visit his granny would anyone have an issue??

Its **** all to do with us. We don’t own him 24/7 and he’s entitled to live his life.

Why a Hibs fan would start a thread like this is beyond me. Trying to cause unrest for no reason at all?

Why not go the full hog and start a Lennon Must Go thread?

What a terrible time to be a Hibs fan, it’s just one outrage after another. Bring back Calderwood and Butcher to rescue us all from this living hell.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I bet the players had a drunken party last night.
    Space to let

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Whether this was arranged prior to our training camp or not, it would appear Lennon has got his priorities all wrong.

http://m.whatsonglasgow.co.uk/event/...d-neil-lennon/

To leave the training camp and i’m assuming also missing tomorrow’s friendly game to attend this, is totally wrong.

He’s missing vital preparation time with the squad ahead of the derby plus an opportunity to assess Jamie MacLaren and choosing to attend a Celtic social function.

Well seeing it's the Winter shut down and everyone's getting bored.

I just think it’s bizarre that this 2 hr function would be a priority for our manager over spending a couple of extra days with the squad in a training camp over in Portugal.

What’s even more bizarre is folk on here that can’t see that.

We have 1 of our biggest games of the season next week and Lennon decides to take 3 days away from an extremely valuable training camp to attend this 2 hr function.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I bet the players had a drunken party last night.
    Unlikely,

oh wait, I thought you were serious, just another sarcastic .net poster.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    I wonder how many of the 'non story' and 'It's no big deal' group would be saying the same if he was an ex-hun heading back to do a function in front of Rangers supporters?

It's a bit off him leaving the squad to fly back for Celtic fans. A Hibs manager shouldn't be doing this.
    Celtic or Rangers. Is there a difference that I have not been told about?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AK86 View Post
    It's not ideal, and in a perfect world it wouldn't be happening .
    But Neil Lennon isn't going to this function as a punter, make no mistake he will be receiving a healthy appearance fee. He probably has it in his contract that he can take leave for other business interests I.e. His tv work.
    We either accept a good manager , on the money we can afford and allow them to earn more elsewhere , or we settle for Pat Fenlon and Terry Butcher sorts. I know which I prefer.
    You're right, that's the only three managers we have as an option.
    Let's see if he comes back for kick off today. Will be disappointed if he doesn't.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I just think it’s bizarre that this 2 hr function would be a priority for our manager over spending a couple of extra days with the squad in a training camp over in Portugal.

What’s even more bizarre is folk on here that can’t see that.

We have 1 of our biggest games of the season next week and Lennon decides to take 3 days away from an extremely valuable training camp to attend this 2 hr function.
    Has it not already been said he Flew out for the event yesterday afternoon and then back this morning?

Im not sure why your getting so excited tbh. What do you think happens when he is not there? Do all the other coaches and players all have a melt down and wander about lost not knowing what to do?

Your making a mountain out of nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Has it not already been said he Flew out for the event yesterday afternoon and then back this morning?

Im not sure why your getting so excited tbh. What do you think happens when he is not there? Do all the other coaches and players all have a melt down and wander about lost not knowing what to do?

No he didn’t, it was Wednesday flight and maybe flight back this morning but no one knows

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post

It has been speculated that he may be able to fly out in time for KO, but nobody has said that's what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    If he flew back to visit his granny would anyone have an issue??

Its **** all to do with us. We don’t own him 24/7 and he’s entitled to live his life.

Why a Hibs fan would start a thread like this is beyond me. Trying to cause unrest for no reason at all?

Why not go the full hog and start a Lennon Must Go thread?
    Agreed...Much ado about nothing.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He's a high profile manager, who's subsidising his wages by attending a few functions like these.

I don't like it, especially as i believe he should be giving Hibs 100% attention while we are away, but if it's the price we have to pay to get a man who's getting us playing decent stuff and punching our weight at last, then its a case of not liking it but putting up with it.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    No he didn’t, it was Wednesday flight and maybe flight back this morning but no one knows
    We do know. I know someone that was on the same flight as him on Wednesday evening. They spoke to him and he said he was flying back this morning. So he’s missed 1 day. And we still have Garry Parker and all the other coaching big staff there to take the sessions which they probably take the chunk of anyway.

Another thing that annoys me is this “if it was rangers”. Why does everything have to become a Rangers/Celtic debate. He has CLEARLY been contracted to this well before Portugal was arranged. They actually have to sell tickets to these events believe it or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    We do know. I know someone that was on the same flight as him on Wednesday evening. They spoke to him and he said he was flying back this morning. So he’s missed 1 day. And we still have Garry Parker and all the other coaching big staff there to take the sessions which they probably take the chunk of anyway.

Another thing that annoys me is this “if it was rangers”. Why does everything have to become a Rangers/Celtic debate. He has CLEARLY been contracted to this well before Portugal was arranged. They actually have to sell tickets to these events believe it or not

agree 100% I’m sanguine about it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

Yep the Rangers Celtic thing is nonsense. Must be the January blues affecting some folk.

Gamer IDs

Someone really should’ve told the players Lennon wasn’t about. They seem to actually have been training yesterday.

https://twitter.com/calvin_charlton/...48340419874822

https://twitter.com/hibsofficial/sta...40907601428480

@hibs.net private member
    My mate works at the airport, Lennon spotted on an early flight out, apparently he had a pint with his fry up, don't tell the OP though.

If it was a manager with Rangers connections going to a event about Rangers people would be up in arms. But Lennon can do no wrong in some people's eyes which is bizarre.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Must admit on first reading the initial reaction was annoyance, but stepping back and looking at the bigger picture it doesn't really seem too much of a big deal.

I don't like it but since it's one of his former clubs and he is (sort of) on his holidays, I'll let it go.

Who's keeping the guys out of the tavernas while he's away?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Am I right in saying he is back there this morning?

If so, cant really see the fuss.

While NL is the focal point, its not as if he is the only management / coaching rep out there, he probably committed to this event some time ago.

Previous speakers at these ‘Legends of Scottish Football’ events have been Tommy Docherty and Joe Jordan so not a Celtic gig as has been claimed. They also tend to pair OF speakers together presumably to attract a bigger audience?

Anyway, one things for sure - the Jambos won’t ever have to fret about their manager being invited to a Legends event!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Must admit on first reading the initial reaction was annoyance, but stepping back and looking at the bigger picture it doesn't really seem too much of a big deal.
    Was exactly how I felt. He'll have been contracted to this event which will have tickets sold for it. I'm sure when the Portugal trip was planned they'd have looked for ways around it and ended up planning the trip with his 36 hour exit in mind, so there was minimum impact.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    If it was a manager with Rangers connections going to a event about Rangers people would be up in arms. But Lennon can do no wrong in some people's eyes which is bizarre.
    Nothing bizarrre about it he is a good Hibs manager and we should support him not look for ways to have a go when not an issue. The Rangers comment is irrelavant.

And he can do no right in others eyes...big fuss about nothing what a nonsense

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Still find it strange that the manager would prioritise anything else over spending quality time away at a training camp with the squad. He’s employed to manage Hibs and use this time to put us in as best position as possible for the season restarting, not flying back early for some social function.
    Do football managers not get any annual leave?

Thing is, he wasn't at a Celtic function.

He was at that well known celtic supporters club called the Royal concert hall for an event called, an evening with Chris Sutton and Neil Lennon (no idea where Bertie Auld fits into it). Whilst in no doubt most of the talking would have been focused around celtic it had nothing to do with celtic and was not a celtic function. There was nothing to stop Hibs fans or fans from any other team for that matter booking tickets. You could even have went and raised some of the concerns that have been raised on here if you wanted as sure they had a Q&A session. The venue was booked ages ago and tickets have been on sale all that time so its not been some big secret and yeah, they were probably both paid quite well for it.