hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 181 to 208 of 208
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine wanting our manager to be 100% committed to the club and are quite uneasy with his unhealthy links to his former club to the determent of ours.

    If this was a hearts manager away to a huns function or Craig Levein to a Harry Potter book convention we would be laughing our nuts off.
    do you seriously think heading away for half a day(if that) is going to disrupt things that much?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #182
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    14,379
    Does this send a worse message to the players than seeing pictures of your manager hanging about the bookies in his spare time?

    I realise there are some players who would probably ask for a tip.....

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  4. #183
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    do you seriously think heading away for half a day(if that) is going to disrupt things that much?
    It doesn't set the correct tone that a celtic tribute night is more important than spending 5 days away with his squad. It should have been cancelled. It wasn't, hey ho.

  5. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't set the correct tone that a celtic tribute night is more important than spending 5 days away with his squad. It should have been cancelled. It wasn't, hey ho.
    nice deflection! i think if you are being honest you will agree that it probably had no impact on the players or training(if they were training).

  6. #185
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nice deflection! i think if you are being honest you will agree that it probably had no impact on the players or training(if they were training).
    I never once said it disrupted stuff so there's no deflection. Regarding training, no, he doesn't take most the training anyway.

    About being there as the manager of the club and leaving half way through for a night with his old club, that doesn't send the correct message out.

  7. #186
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    20,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never once said it disrupted stuff so there's no deflection. Regarding training, no, he doesn't take most the training anyway.

    About being there as the manager of the club and leaving half way through for a night with his old club, that doesn't send the correct message out.
    Was any actual message given to the squad? And how do they feel about it?

  8. #187
    First Team Regular Johnny Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh/London
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never once said it disrupted stuff so there's no deflection. Regarding training, no, he doesn't take most the training anyway.

    About being there as the manager of the club and leaving half way through for a night with his old club, that doesn't send the correct message out.
    Chill out mate. You keep repeating yourself and itís now becoming obsessive. Youíve made your point about our manager travelling back to Scotland for a few hours albeit you just canít stop yourself falsely calling the Ďlegends of SCOTTISH FOOTBALL Ď event a Celtic gig. It clearly wasnít so you detract from your concerns by repeating this Ďuntruthí. However we do get youíre upset he returned to speak at this event.

  9. #188
    Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North British Hotel
    Posts
    553
    I can see the OP's point but this is a bit of a mountain out of a molehill situation no?

  10. #189
    Testimonial Due jabis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    old newhaven
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chill out mate. You keep repeating yourself and itís now becoming obsessive. Youíve made your point about our manager travelling back to Scotland for a few hours albeit you just canít stop yourself falsely calling the Ďlegends of SCOTTISH FOOTBALL Ď event a Celtic gig. It clearly wasnít so you detract from your concerns by repeating this Ďuntruthí. However we do get youíre upset he returned to speak at this event.
    thought it was only the huns and the diet variety that got so wound up about Celtc.
    Makes you wonder.

  11. #190
    Sure the manager trusts his backroom staff. He's done a good job so far so im not going to lose any sleep over this. Unfortunately he's a Celtic legend. Hopefully he becomes a Hibs one.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  12. #191
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    33,437
    Do people seriously think the players want to spend 5 days and nights in Portugal "bonding" with their manager?

    Or think that's what they'd be doing? No chance.

    The management team will withdraw from the players when the work's done and allow them to "bond" which is far more important. If the management were there all the time, that wouldn't happen to the same extent.

    There may be an occasional set piece social event during the week, but not 24/7 "bonding" between Lennon and the team.

    It would be a huge mistake for Lennon etc to be in the pockets of the squad all week.

    So, Lennon's attendance at a Legends of Scotland event will have lost Hibs nothing.

  13. #192
    Commited Shareholder Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    55
    Posts
    5,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't set the correct tone that a celtic tribute night is more important than spending 5 days away with his squad. It should have been cancelled. It wasn't, hey ho.
    The correct tone would've been one with a capital T surely?

  14. #193
    First Team Regular Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    790
    Neil Lennon is doing a great job as Hibernian Manager and im pretty sure Gary Parker is more than capable of dealing with matters. Alex ferguson once sat out a manchester united game...

  15. #194
    Testimonial Due Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,647
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    I heard a rumour that he's on next year's Celebrity Big Brother.

    Some folk are going to lose it on here when they watch him waking up in his Hoopy the Huddlehound Jim jams.

  16. #195
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,890
    I was quite happy for the winter break but if 7 pages on this are the result I hope it's not back next season!

  17. #196
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chill out mate. You keep repeating yourself and itís now becoming obsessive. Youíve made your point about our manager travelling back to Scotland for a few hours albeit you just canít stop yourself falsely calling the Ďlegends of SCOTTISH FOOTBALL Ď event a Celtic gig. It clearly wasnít so you detract from your concerns by repeating this Ďuntruthí. However we do get youíre upset he returned to speak at this event.
    😂👍

  18. #197
    First Team Regular Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was quite happy for the winter break but if 7 pages on this are the result I hope it's not back next season!
    Snap i bet lennon had this gig lined up long before our friendly/training camp was confirmed.

  19. #198
    First Team Breakthrough mcohibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    121
    Are folk genuinely upset by this 😂? Utter nonsense. Neil Lennon's job is a football manager. Every decision he makes is done with his job in mind. If he felt that returning to an event for one night would impact how he performed in his job then he wouldn't have gone. Seems to me like he trusts his assistants to do exactly what they are employed to do. I'm confused as to why some of our supporters don't share this view.

  20. #199
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    24,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do people seriously think the players want to spend 5 days and nights in Portugal "bonding" with their manager?

    Or think that's what they'd be doing? No chance.

    The management team will withdraw from the players when the work's done and allow them to "bond" which is far more important. If the management were there all the time, that wouldn't happen to the same extent.

    There may be an occasional set piece social event during the week, but not 24/7 "bonding" between Lennon and the team.

    It would be a huge mistake for Lennon etc to be in the pockets of the squad all week.

    So, Lennon's attendance at a Legends of Scotland event will have lost Hibs nothing.
    Pretty much sums it up.

  21. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do people seriously think the players want to spend 5 days and nights in Portugal "bonding" with their manager?

    Or think that's what they'd be doing? No chance.

    The management team will withdraw from the players when the work's done and allow them to "bond" which is far more important. If the management were there all the time, that wouldn't happen to the same extent.

    There may be an occasional set piece social event during the week, but not 24/7 "bonding" between Lennon and the team.

    It would be a huge mistake for Lennon etc to be in the pockets of the squad all week.

    So, Lennon's attendance at a Legends of Scotland event will have lost Hibs nothing.
    In a nutshell

  22. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard a rumour that he's on next year's Celebrity Big Brother.

    Some folk are going to lose it on here when they watch him waking up in his Hoopy the Huddlehound Jim jams.

  23. #202
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,260
    Can anyone advise whether he was back to view the entire game against the Dutch side?

    Iíve looked for confirmation from on eye witness that he was, but canít find it, other than comments that he was stuck in traffic.

    So, simple yes/no question.

  24. #203
    Testimonial Due poolman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    in ma jannies office
    Age
    64
    Posts
    4,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do people seriously think the players want to spend 5 days and nights in Portugal "bonding" with their manager?

    Or think that's what they'd be doing? No chance.

    The management team will withdraw from the players when the work's done and allow them to "bond" which is far more important. If the management were there all the time, that wouldn't happen to the same extent.

    There may be an occasional set piece social event during the week, but not 24/7 "bonding" between Lennon and the team.

    It would be a huge mistake for Lennon etc to be in the pockets of the squad all week.

    So, Lennon's attendance at a Legends of Scotland event will have lost Hibs nothing.

    Best post of the thread, some people really need to take a reality check

    Dearie me, the team cannot go away for a few days without the bedwetters getting in a lather about SFA

  25. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do people seriously think the players want to spend 5 days and nights in Portugal "bonding" with their manager?

    Or think that's what they'd be doing? No chance.

    The management team will withdraw from the players when the work's done and allow them to "bond" which is far more important. If the management were there all the time, that wouldn't happen to the same extent.

    There may be an occasional set piece social event during the week, but not 24/7 "bonding" between Lennon and the team.

    It would be a huge mistake for Lennon etc to be in the pockets of the squad all week.

    So, Lennon's attendance at a Legends of Scotland event will have lost Hibs nothing.
    Common sense view of the situation.

    Unfortunately common sense seems to have gone out the window with that element of our support who have a particular agenda.

  26. #205
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can anyone advise whether he was back to view the entire game against the Dutch side?

    Iíve looked for confirmation from on eye witness that he was, but canít find it, other than comments that he was stuck in traffic.

    So, simple yes/no question.
    He was there when Gray went off injured and that was after something like 5-10 minutes I think? So Iím assuming he was there from the start. Looks like his wee trip to this function really didnít have an impact at all.

  27. #206
    Testimonial Due mjhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portobello
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Common sense view of the situation.

    Unfortunately common sense seems to have gone out the window with that element of our support who have a particular agenda.
    My take exactly. Too much hyped indignation over the root of sod all. Grays injury is the biggest concern but apart from that don't see a lot to moan about. We should have more points but if we said we would be sitting now in fourth then I'm sure we would have been well pleased. Let's just concentrate on the next game. Not having any games to talk about let's a few imaginations run wild.

  28. #207
    I just looked on the Legends of Football twitter site and the event was organised at least as early as July 17. The site is very Celtc orientated considering its title. The training camp was obviously organised with this knowledge so everyone would have been aware of the plans. I still don't think it is ideal a manager leaving half way through a working week but am far more concerned that our captain is out possibly for the season.

  29. #208
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    14,379
    We'd have won that yesterday if Lennon had stayed out the way.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved