hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mcgeouch

I am quietly confident he will sign another Season like this and he will get a move down South and we get a Transfer fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really think Hibs and Dylan are a good match. Club legend. He wont get that elsewhere and Aberdeen would be a sideways move

Also he gets to wear the no.10 jersey at Hibs, lucky git.

First Team Breakthrough Joe Baker2's Avatar
    What's the latest - has he signed the contract yet? Fingers crossed.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Some of his lofted forward passes over the Aberdeen defence were exquisite today. Hope he signs up as he is great to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    For once I agreed with the sponsor's MOTM. He was a bag of energy today and was playing defense splitting passes, making tackles, winning headers and getting shots on target. Best midfielder on a day of some great midfield performances.

Outstanding today and showed all his ability, skills and committment that he has in his locker ...quity player we need.him to resign as he can/will help us move.on to the next level

The touch he took about 30 minutes into the game, long ball coming over his head, is the greatest touch I've seen from a Hibs player. Absolutely sensational.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Have just come from Hibs hospitality where Dylan was interviewed as MoM.

No way has he signed a new contract. When question was asked of him, he was unbelievably evasive.

I'm not saying he won't sign a new deal, but would be a big surprise to me, having heard him today, if he does.

Brilliant day out, great result and performance but comments from Dylan just soured it ever so slightly.

I think the mcgeough, Allan and mcginn combo is potentially the best central midfield since I went to my first game in 1991.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The touch he took about 30 minutes into the game, long ball coming over his head, is the greatest touch I've seen from a Hibs player. Absolutely sensational.
    34:40 Just seen it

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post

No way has he signed a new contract. When question was asked of him, he was unbelievably evasive.

I'm not saying he won't sign a new deal, but would be a big surprise to me, having heard him today, if he does.

Brilliant day out, great result and performance but comments from Dylan just soured it ever so slightly.
    I’m convinced Aberdeen will offer more money than us. They’ll be even more desperate to get him after today.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I actually thought he wasn’t at his best in the first half but absolutely superb in the second. Get him signed up!

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    34:40 Just seen it
    It was David Murphy-esque. Absolute touch.

What did he say?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Must have been awkward for him getting asked about it.

If he’s in the middle of contract discussions he’s not exactly going to open up and discuss his thoughts in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    What did he say?
    "Just enjoying my football at the moment and not thinking too far ahead".

His contract expires at the end of the season!

I'm not saying he's definitely going, but it would safe to say he's got other options. Based on what he said and how he spoke today IMO he won't be signing the current deal he has been offered by Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Must have been awkward for him getting asked about it.

If he’s in the middle of contract discussions he’s not exactly going to open up and discuss his thoughts in public.
    I think it was awkward for him.

Maybe you're right, but his evasive response and general body language did not fill me with confidence.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it was awkward for him.

Maybe you're right, but his evasive response and general body language did not fill me with confidence.
    I hope that you are wrong.

Maybe that's just his persona.

I remember watching him on the cup final DVD's and being surprised at his glass half empty view of what could happen after we equalised.

Dylan is a fantastic footballer who I absolutely believe we have still to see the best of.

I heard yesterday that he is most likely heading to England, though again that did not come from an outright statement more an assumption made by someone who was chatting to his brother.....

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    The clowns that sit at the back of the west stand behind me were apoplectic with rage when he was given motm yesterday, I think one of them even booed the decision. “Bloody ridiculous” apparently.

2 nil up and in injury time against the 2nd best team in the country and these donuts still managed to be as angry About something.

Hard to believe people like that exist in real life but they do.....

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The clowns that sit at the back of the west stand behind me were apoplectic with rage when he was given motm yesterday, I think one of them even booed the decision. “Bloody ridiculous” apparently.

2 nil up and in injury time against the 2nd best team in the country and these donuts still managed to be as angry About something.

A lot of people think the sponsors motm should go to the best player rather than who the sponsors want to meet. Dylan was excellent yesterday but Daz was outstanding seeing off everything that Aberdeen threw at him.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    A lot of people think the sponsors motm should go to the best player rather than who the sponsors want to meet. Dylan was excellent yesterday but Daz was outstanding seeing off everything that Aberdeen threw at him.
    There were a few candidates and I agree, Hanlon or Daz would have been pretty high on my list of who to give it to.

I found it incredible though that people could muster up the anger they did about something like that when he was excellent, even if I wouldn’t have given him the motm.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I think that would be a fair assumption, but your explanation would make sense. I certainly didn't boo the decision, but I was amazed when it was announced. I thought he wasn't great 1st half, but much better in the 2nd. Scott Allan was MOTM for me, but Efe could equally have been given it with Daz and Paul Hanlon (surely he must get a chance with Scotland) not far behind. In fact I didn't think we had a single failure yesterday.

First Team Breakthrough
    surely he can see that we are progressing faster than Aberdeen.when he is injury free and playing well he is class. he should concentrate on the moment and enjoy playing on weekly basis.fans love him and on his game a joy to watch.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If he hasn't signed a new contract then that surely means the same for us and Aberdeen. Nothing wrong with that being a tactic for both sides to up the ante. The transfer window is now part of the game but I would get rid of the pre-contract deals. Devicive and unhelpful IMO.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Absolutely, if I ever get to pick it I’m picking Stevenson even if we’ve been hammered 4-0

I was surprised McGeouch got it yesterday, was fully expecting it to be McGinn or Allan thought I too thought McGregor was in with a shout also

Quote Originally Posted by cannastar View Post
    surely he can see that we are progressing faster than Aberdeen.when he is injury free and playing well he is class. he should concentrate on the moment and enjoy playing on weekly basis.fans love him and on his game a joy to watch.
    Nothing to do with progress but is all about the money and rightly so.It’s a short career and always the chance of injury particularly in his case.He obviously is concentrating on the moment.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Absolutely, if I ever get to pick it I’m picking Stevenson even if we’ve been hammered 4-0

I was surprised McGeouch got it yesterday, was fully expecting it to be McGinn or Allan thought I too thought McGregor was in with a shout also
    I was privileged enough to pick Darren McGregor in the nil nil rammy v Morton last season which ended in a pagger and the big man getting sent off about 5 mins after they'd announced it. Worth it for the photo. I'm getting old for the man crush but he is worth it. He was a deserving MOM as well by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I actually hate these type of people. Wish they would piss off or someone just lamp them. I really don’t get how some folk boil with rage even when it’s positive.

I think he has something lined up. He seems to love hibs and is last man off the pitch every single week after applauding all the stands. He is playing brilliantly and is injury free for the first time. Great players around him yet he won't sign a new deal.
    It's strange.