hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mcgeouch

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He would be a very ordinary player at a much higher level.The least expected from these players is that they can give and take a pass.He does this but would need to add a lot more.At the moment he has no pace,can’t shoot and regularly goes to sleep defensively and is caught on his heels.He suits us because there are so few players in Scotland who can be relied on to control the ball regularly which he is good at.But anything on top of that,not for me.

Totally disagree. I think McGeouchs game would be very much suited to playing in Italy or Spain. I’m not saying he’s good enough for top leagues but think he’d do very well in 2nd tier of Italy or Spain as a holding midfielder. Always looks for the ball and prepared to take it regardless of pressure he’s under. One of the best in Scotland at this IMO. Be a big loss if he goes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    Totally disagree. I think McGeouchs game would be very much suited to playing in Italy or Spain. I’m not saying he’s good enough for top leagues but think he’d do very well in 2nd tier of Italy or Spain as a holding midfielder. Always looks for the ball and prepared to take it regardless of pressure he’s under. One of the best in Scotland at this IMO. Be a big loss if he goes.

Yes agree. Hes type player who needs to play beside forward playing midfield. A gem in right dynamic but not enough in locker to run carry a midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxhibs View Post
    Funnily enough I heard today that Dylan has signed an extension.

I hope so. What is the source? A player? Someone at the club? Mate of a mate? Overheard a bloke down the pub? Or another source? - please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I hope so. What is the source? A player? Someone at the club? Mate of a mate? Overheard a bloke down the pub? Or another source? - please elaborate.
    Wigan’s assistant manager 😉

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    My source is a close friend of Dylan's dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    If Dylan chooses not to sign, it’s a pity than we can’t charge him for all the medical bills and wages paid while he was on the treatment table.
    How would you feel if your employer sent you a bill for the amount of money that every absence you have ever had has cost them, just because you have handed your notice in?

Thanks, that sounds to me like a pretty good source. Lennon said something in his Hibs TV interview about a strong core of the team from the last couple of years still being together. Maybe he had Dylan's extension in mind when he said it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    That would be great news, Dylan is such a brilliant technical player, love watching him play.

Really think Hibs and Dylan are a good match. Club legend. He wont get that elsewhere and Aberdeen would be a sideways move
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 17-02-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Good crowd today show him once again what we are all about beat Aberdeen and he can sign on Monday.

We are looking to catch Aberdeen over the next seasons not improve them.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Really think Hibs and Dylan are a good match. Club legend. He wont get that elsewhere and Aberdeen would be a sideways move
    This is how I feel about it. Hibs are playing good football at a good level. He needs a few seasons of stability and playing football. Then he might get a big move down south.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    This is how I feel about it. Hibs are playing good football at a good level. He needs a few seasons of stability and playing football. Then he might get a big move down south.
    Agree

Testimonial Due
    All in your opinion of course.Unless your privy to Dylan's thoughts how do you know Aberdeen would be a sideways move ?

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Please say this is an extremely poor joke?

Was thinking exactly the same thing !🤔

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    All in your opinion of course.Unless your privy to Dylan's thoughts how do you know Aberdeen would be a sideways move ?
    Absolutely. To me Aberdeen are a smaller club with a smaller support. Dylan may very well see that differently. I cant see the appeal of leaving Hibs for a non old firm team unless it was down south.

McGeough took an age to sign for Hibs first time around and is showing similar reluctance now. IMO, would be nice if he re-signs for us but it's no big loss if he doesn't. Unlike SJM, he is is not going to reach a level better than Hibs and - if he does move on - I suspect he'll stagnate or disappear from view. You just got to hope he gets good advice from his agent.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Not fussed .... if he stays good of he goes fine...happens all the time to hibs and will do again in the future... no point dwelling on it
    That's where I am. Would love him to stay, but if he goes c'est la vie.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    McGeough took an age to sign for Hibs first time around and is showing similar reluctance now. IMO, would be nice if he re-signs for us but it's no big loss if he doesn't. Unlike SJM, he is is not going to reach a level better than Hibs and - if he does move on - I suspect he'll stagnate or disappear from view. You just got to hope he gets good advice from his agent.
    Massive loss of he doesn't sign IMO. Would be very hard to find another player as good as him.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Maybe time for an update from hibs re mcgeogh
    Why? This isn't a special situation at all.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

Think that's wrong imho, good player who always takes the Ball and reuses it well and would be a big loss

Super player - a proper footballer whom I love watching. He's a big part of helping the team to play and I really hope he extends his deal with us.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Dylan is a fine player, one who when fit is in the team every week. We will be losing SJM in the summer, it's vital for continuity that we keep replacements down to a minimum.

Yes bring in improvements, but to lose two of our best midfielders will be difficult to replace, and difficult to bed in quickly.

I hope he stays, at last he's proving he can stay fit and can play every week.

Left by mutual consent!
    I cannot wait until the time comes when losing a player like Dylan will not really matter. Nowhere near that at the moment.

Absolutely. To me Aberdeen are a smaller club with a smaller support. Dylan may very well see that differently. I cant see the appeal of leaving Hibs for a non old firm team unless it was down south.
    Has to be about the money. Why else would he leave Hibs for a club that won't win the league, might win a cup and can't beat The Rangers?

Left by mutual consent!
    Let Dylan know he is loved at Hibs and help him sign a new deal.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    How would you feel if your employer sent you a bill for the amount of money that every absence you have ever had has cost them, just because you have handed your notice in?
    The point that I am making is that we have hardly had good value for money from him over the course of his contract. It would be frustrating to lose him now that he seems to have got the injury issues behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    L

The point that I am making is that we have hardly had good value for money from him over the course of his contract. It would be frustrating to lose him now that he seems to have got the injury issues behind him.
    Vital part in a Scottish cup win, 9 in a row vs the vermin and promotion, wish we got such poor value from all our signings. Dylan is a legend, I hope he stays but I'm not sending him an invoice if he moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Vital part in a Scottish cup win, 9 in a row vs the vermin and promotion, wish we got such poor value from all our signings. Dylan is a legend, I hope he stays but I'm not sending him an invoice if he moves on.
    Vermin? Surely we are better than that?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Vermin? Surely we are better than that?
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post