hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcgeouch

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well it is as the rumours going about suggested Hibs only offered a 1 year deal, where as the Dons offered 3. So yes, this is news.
    How would this be possible? He isn't able to talk terms with another Scottish team until he has 3 months left on his deal or am I missing something?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    Is this actually fact? The way things are going, especially after today's injury, David Gray is probably nearing this category too it didn't stop Lennon offering him a 2 year deal in the summer.
    Do facts count for anything on Hibs Net? I read on a thread the other day that Dylan had missed c50% of games since he signed up. Your point about Gray is valid, and we have the issue that Whittaker has a three year deal ( which now looks like a bit rash from Hibs).

I suspect Dylan will be offski.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Do facts count for anything on Hibs Net? I read on a thread the other day that Dylan had missed c50% of games since he signed up. Your point about Gray is valid, and we have the issue that Whittaker has a three year deal ( which now looks like a bit rash from Hibs).

I suspect Dylan will be offski.
    Very true, should take most things with a pinch of salt.

that would be a real shame if we lost him now, he is playing the best football since we signed him and seems to have found a way to manage his injuries.

Irony isn't your strong point.

Naivety is often a hallmark of the football fan. Dylan has missed more games than he's played. He's probably one of our highest earners and I douby very much Hibs will be offering him a three year deal. This season has been his most productive and he's had some good games, but he's not playing to the same standard consistently.

I would like him to sign up again, but it's a big gamble. There are no guarantees about injury and given his track record, I can't see Hibs pushing the boat out.
    Hysterical hyperbole.

McGeouch has proved to be a pivotal player for us; even if he only manages twenty games a season, he would still be a crucial part of our side. If he didn’t have these issues in the past, I doubt we would have been able to sign him; McGeouch would be on a more lucrative contract elsewhere.

I don't believe our issues lie solely with our injury problems; nevertheless, I quite like how half of our first-team have spent half of the season injured whilst the perennially prone McGeouch has only missed one game in all competitions.

Here are some stats on McTickTock's appearances so far:

- Started seven games in a row (twice).
    (three — 2016-17; five — 2015-16; seven — 2014-15.)

- Currently on a run of sixteen games played (in a row).
    (six ; ten ; twelve.)

- In the squad for 27 out of 28 games.
    (27 / 46 ; 30 / 50 ; 26 / 40.)

- Played in 26 games.
    (23 ; 30 ; 26.)

He has spent a lot of time injured, yet he slots back into the side and consistently has our play running like clockwork. Now that he's ticking along nicely, I'm worried that we're running out of time to extend his contract.

Lennon was also quoted on McGeouch’s previous injury issues, stating that McGeouch had seen a professional for potentially psychological causes to his recent injuries. Lennon suggested that some of the times he has pulled up could have been partly psychological.

Perhaps it is purely coincidental; nevertheless, McGeouch hasn’t missed a day of training this season and, along with Ambrose, he has played more games than the rest of the squad.

Ambrose is another we should do everything we can to keep hold of, he has covered the inevitable concurrent injuries to Gray & Whittaker whilst providing reliable performances too. Only Stevenson has played more games than Ambrose, since he joined on loan.
    Last edited by PerfectlyFranck; 12-01-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post
    Hysterical hyperbole.

McGeouch has proved to be a pivotal player for us; even if he only manages twenty games a season, he would still be a crucial part of our side. If he didn’t have these issues in the past, I doubt we would have been able to sign him; McGeouch would be on a more lucrative contract elsewhere.

I don't believe our issues lie solely with our injury problems; nevertheless, I quite like how half of our first-team have spent half of the season injured whilst the perennially prone McGeouch has only missed one game in all competitions.

(six ; ten ; twelve.)

- Played in 26 games.
    (23 ; 30 ; 26.)

He has spent a lot of time injured, yet he slots back into the side and consistently has our play running like clockwork. Now that he's ticking along nicely, I'm worried that we're running out of time to extend his contract.

Lennon was also quoted on McGeouch’s previous injury issues, stating that McGeouch had seen a professional for potentially psychological causes to his recent injuries. Lennon suggested that some of the times he has pulled up could have been partly psychological.

Perhaps it is purely coincidental; nevertheless, McGeouch hasn’t missed a day of training this season and, along with Ambrose, he has played more games than the rest of the squad.

Ambrose is another we should do everything we can to keep hold of, he has covered the inevitable concurrent injuries to Gray & Whittaker whilst providing reliable performances too. Only Stevenson has played more games than Ambrose, since he joined on loan.
    Good post.
    It was insanity giving Whittaker at 33, a 3 year contract. Suspect that was the delay in him signing i.e. Hibs offering a 2 year deal and Whittaker's rep's wanting a 3 year deal.
    We eventually caved and it is looking very bad business at this point in time.
    I suspect we are currently offering McGeough a 2 year contract due to fears of his injury recurring, and his rep's want a 3 year contract to secure his future. Given he is 24 and has been ever present this season I would take the risk and give him a 3 year deal. Importantly he is not replaceable for a team with our finances so is a special case..
    I should say these are my thoughts of what happened in both negotiations so may be well off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post
    Hysterical hyperbole.

(six ; ten ; twelve.)

- Played in 26 games.
    (23 ; 30 ; 26.)

Which part of what I said is hysterical and whch was hyperbole, he asks of the man who then states that Dylan has spent a lot of time injured and then rambles on that even if he only played 20 games/ season he would be crucial to our side.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    How would this be possible? He isn't able to talk terms with another Scottish team until he has 3 months left on his deal or am I missing something?
    Is it not last 6 months of contract they can talk to others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We should be doing everything we can to make sure Dylan signs a new deal. Players of his quality are very hard to find, and usually cost more than we can afford.

United we stand here....

I can't wait until the footballs back.

At least when people disagree about players performance, results, areas for improvement etc there's something of a point to it. Between this thread, the Lennon one and the one about players bevvying the amount of pointless digs and bickering is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

At least when people disagree about players, results, areas for improvement etc there's something of a point to it. Between this thread, the Lennon one and the one about players bevvying the amount of pointless digs and bickering is ridiculous.
    100% agreed

@hibs.net private member
    So... is he signing the deal or not?

At least when people disagree about players performance, results, areas for improvement etc there's something of a point to it. Between this thread, the Lennon one and the one about players bevvying the amount of pointless digs and bickering is ridiculous.
    Totally this forum is mind numbing today
    ..the match day thread for the friendly defeat was a classic. We can't score we constantly concede...jeezo how the hell are we 4th?? Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Have a cull. It's been done before. There's probably three threads that could be scuttled for lack of content.

Which part of what I said is hysterical and whch was hyperbole, he asks of the man who then states that Dylan has spent a lot of time injured and then rambles on that even if he only played 20 games/ season he would be crucial to our side.
    ‘Dylan has missed more games than he's played.’

I don’t agree with the following either:
    ‘-he's had some good games, but he's not playing to the same standard consistently.’

I believe that McGeouch is only surpassed by Stevenson for ‘playing to the same standard consistently’ - Ambrose could be another contender too. (A standard that is higher than what Stevenson provides at left-back.) McGeouch is our most reliable midfielder technically; his passing is more precise than the others and his ball retention is far superior to our other midfielders when going forward.

McGinn is far less effective without McGeouch. I can understand why some may be concerned about relying on a player that struggled in his first few seasons. Perhaps his run of games this season are an anomaly; based on the comments made by Hibs coaches and McGeouch being an ever present omnipresence this season, I think a three-year contract would be incredible business by Hibs.

I’d give him Whittaker’s three-year deal too, as a sweetener.
    Last edited by PerfectlyFranck; 12-01-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Coaching Staff

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Irony isn't your strong point.

Naivety is often a hallmark of the football fan. Dylan has missed more games than he's played. He's probably one of our highest earners and I douby very much Hibs will be offering him a three year deal. This season has been his most productive and he's had some good games, but he's not playing to the same standard consistently.

I would like him to sign up again, but it's a big gamble. There are no guarantees about injury and given his track record, I can't see Hibs pushing the boat out.
    I don't think that's true. By a very rough calculation I reckon Dylan has appeared in around 60% of our competitive games. That also doesn't account for games where he might have been rested. As for this season I think he's 27 from 30.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Dylan joined Hibs 2014-15 season, initially on loan.

Here are the facts. He's played 84 times, 22 of which have been appearances as sub. He's scored 8 goals.

In the same time David Gray has played 125 games, 6 as sub and also scored 8.
    :

I like Dylan, he's won the cup.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Dylan joined Hibs 2014-15 season, initially on loan.

Here are the facts. He's played 84 times, 22 of which have been appearances as sub. He's scored 8 goals.

In the same time David Gray has played 125 games, 6 as sub and also scored 8.
    :

I like Dylan, he's won the cup.
    According to the club website he's made 98 appearances and 22 sub appearances.

Which still makes him in excess of appearing in half the games he could, notwithstanding games where senior players were rested.

Even if your figures were correct he's still played a fair bit more than half the games he could have, making your point invalid.

Are those facts better than your facts?

I like Dylan too. His injuries are over-played by some on here and he's featured in nearly every game this season.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member
    When Dylan McGeouch plays Hibs play. His troublesome injury is no longer causing him problems. Give him a 3 year deal please Hibs....he is still a young guy and will definitely come back to haunt us if he leaves and stays in the SPL. A class act

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    When Dylan McGeouch plays Hibs play. His troublesome injury is no longer causing him problems. Give him a 3 year deal please Hibs....he is still a young guy and will definitely come back to haunt us if he leaves and stays in the SPL. A class act
    Seems 3 year offer has been made.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/0...ylan-mcgeouch/

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    Wait...the Hibs Transfer News guy actually got one right?!?!?

Good news, let's hope he accepts it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Please be true and if true please make us very happy hi bees Dylan. A belated Christmas present to us if you like Sir. Just sign on the dotted line please Mr McGeouch.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

As I said couple weeks ago, most of the boys expect him to sign. I don’t doubt it and think he will also.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    As I said couple weeks ago, most of the boys expect him to sign. I don’t doubt it and think he will also.
    Fantastic news.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    According to the club website he's made 98 appearances and 22 sub appearances.

Which still makes him in excess of appearing in half the games he could, notwithstanding games where senior players were rested.

Even if your figures were correct he's still played a fair bit more than half the games he could have, making your point invalid.

Are those facts better than your facts?

I like Dylan too. His injuries are over-played by some on here and he's featured in nearly every game this season.
    I was one who questioned his injuries and was also one who said they were in his head at times - it's no surprise to me that this season in particular he has been relatively injury free and playing very very good football, especially when contracts are up for grabs. Would love him to sign as I've always rated him highly, but I'm cynical about his previous injuries to be brutally honest MA.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I was one who questioned his injuries and was also one who said they were in his head at times - it's no surprise to me that this season in particular he has been relatively injury free and playing very very good football, especially when contracts are up for grabs. Would love him to sign as I've always rated him highly, but I'm cynical about his previous injuries to be brutally honest MA.
    Dylan has been seeing a specialist recommended to him by Robert Snodgrass since the middle of last year and the specialist seems to have made a huge difference to Dylan's injury problems.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...London_doctor/
    Last edited by w pilton hibby; 13-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Dylan has been seeing a specialist recommended to him by Robert Snodgrass since the middle of last year and the specialist seems to have made a huge difference to Dylan's injury problems.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...London_doctor/
    Aware of that WPH, however even the manager has spoken to DM and alluded much of the issues were in his head. I really rate him and would love him to sign - I'm just always sceptical it takes the last year of a contract to get to root of a problem (in general, not just Dylan).

Would love him to commit to Hibs as he is playing some top stuff at present

Left by mutual consent!
    Does that mean sorry by the folks ripping the Hibs news on twitter for making up stuff?

Didn't think so.

I have heard Dylan wants to sign a 1 year extension we want 3.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Does that mean sorry by the folks ripping the Hibs news on twitter for making up stuff?

Didn't think so.

I have heard Dylan wants to sign a 1 year extension we want 3.
    Who did you hear this news from?

Mon the Cabbage!!!