hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 92
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedlund12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with a lot of your points I personally think that the current set up is an absolute joke and it pisses me off with the "we're not listening attitude from the club!"

    I think it's unfair to make a personal reference to Tracey. She can do as she pleases with her AST. I have one ticket for the game but needed two but couldn't get them. I won't go without my son who attends all games with me. If I can't get another my ticket (for this big game) will go to one of my friends...
    Fair enough, I was lucky and got one for my lad. He has missed the last 3 or 4 at Tiny.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Belong to a flavour of the month group. Attendance at games not necessary as long as you sing a wee bit at the games you attend.(attendance at other away games, or early round cup games not necessary

    2. Know a player, board member, ex player, ticket staff, sponsor, workman etc(attendance at any previous game not necessary

    3. Join East Lothian HSC(attendance at other away games not necessary

    4. Ignore the club when they tell you you will be logged out at noon

    5. Ignore the club for at least 15 minutes when they say the game is sold out
    (attendance at other away games not necessary

    6. Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)

    7. Log on to as many devices and as many browsers as you can making sure you have a variety of log ins at different times with at least a couple around 29 minutes before tickets go live

    8. By an AST for as young a member as you know and take the hit on the games you don't go to upgrading to adult as required.

    9. Lastly as a wildcard write to LeeAnn expressing how well she has done generally bit make it clear she has a blind spot on ticketing and needs to do hugely better as she leads us from one shambles to the next
    Never knew about 4 and 5 as I was sitting in a hospital waiting room with no signal at 12pm, raging because my appointment has been delayed by an hour! I can guarantee though that misleading statements like that are designed to minimise stress on the servers during busy periods, which in turn is an an attempt to reduce the usual anger that ensues when heavy traffic causes them to crash. Obviously it's equally annoying when you are being told an event is sold out when it hasn't been but it's a damage limitation thing from the providers (Hibs) point of view.

    The system is powered by Ticketmaster, a company who can run an efficient sale if need be but doing so is dependent on how much their client is willing to pay (so Hibs have a bit of a balancing act as they know the tickets will sell either way but they also want to please as many customers as possible).

    I would say the only way to ensure a fair sale is to have a ballot, which takes number 7 right out of the equation. I'm sure, however, that would be the costliest option and would be difficult to arrange at short notice (but not impossible, especially if they were to establish a system for doing this regularly).

    Number 7 wouldn't be (as) possible with a ballot. Even multiple applications could be restricted by making sure the application is made using the unique client reference number.

    In saying all of that, a ballot would be my worst nightmare because, like so many others on this thread I've never had any problems getting tickets for games like this (unless I've been in the hospital!).

  4. #63
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Armadale
    Age
    43
    Posts
    185
    This is going to be my only response on this. Iím disgusted that I am now writing this due to a post partly about who I give my kids tickets to that Iíve paid for. As you say maybe Iím too honest. They get upgraded so they are paid for in full whether that be an adult or concession over 65. I wonít take my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle but will when theyíre older. My neighbour who gets one of the tickets is a 69 year ST holder who comes from Leith and has supported Hibs all his life. Goes to majority of Away games. He also left his wife in a camper van in Germany to come home for the League Cup Final 2016 and left her in Cyprus for the Scottish Cup Final 2016 - you might have heard him on Radio Forth. He also took me to my first ever derby. My friend who is coming this time (I helped Charlene out at the last game) is a ST holder and attends majority of Away games. If she canít go I will help any good Hibee who I know goes to most of the Away games and has sadly been unfortunate getting a ticket. Between Hearts, Dundee and Celtic Iíll have paid a good amount of money out which is my own. If I wasnít in this role I would still be doing the same. I could quite easily sit in the Directors box for nothing but I donít want to. Iím a supporter first and foremost. I want my kids to enjoy following Hibs and experiencing new stadiums. I want them to be there long after Iím gone which is why I included them on the Away ST. They canít come to Dundee due to it being on a school night so Iíve got 2 tickets available to upgrade if anyone wants them?! I just wonít be accused of using my position as a Director for doing what is allowed and available to any Away ST holder.

    I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually donít need to justify it but quite frankly itís getting out of hand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #64
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,594
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is going to be my only response on this. Iím disgusted that I am now writing this due to a post partly about who I give my kids tickets to that Iíve paid for. As you say maybe Iím too honest. They get upgraded so they are paid for in full whether that be an adult or concession over 65. I wonít take my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle but will when theyíre older. My neighbour who gets one of the tickets is a 69 year ST holder who comes from Leith and has supported Hibs all his life. Goes to majority of Away games. He also left his wife in a camper van in Germany to come home for the League Cup Final 2016 and left her in Cyprus for the Scottish Cup Final 2016 - you might have heard him on Radio Forth. He also took me to my first ever derby. My friend who is coming this time (I helped Charlene out at the last game) is a ST holder and attends majority of Away games. If she canít go I will help any good Hibee who I know goes to most of the Away games and has sadly been unfortunate getting a ticket. Between Hearts, Dundee and Celtic Iíll have paid a good amount of money out which is my own. If I wasnít in this role I would still be doing the same. I could quite easily sit in the Directors box for nothing but I donít want to. Iím a supporter first and foremost. I want my kids to enjoy following Hibs and experiencing new stadiums. I want them to be there long after Iím gone which is why I included them on the Away ST. They canít come to Dundee due to it being on a school night so Iíve got 2 tickets available to upgrade if anyone wants them?! I just wonít be accused of using my position as a Director for doing what is allowed and available to any Away ST holder.

    I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually donít need to justify it but quite frankly itís getting out of hand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really donít think you had to explain anything. You have only done what most Hibs fans have done at some point, helped other Hibs fans out where they could. And long may that continue.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is going to be my only response on this. Iím disgusted that I am now writing this due to a post partly about who I give my kids tickets to that Iíve paid for. As you say maybe Iím too honest. They get upgraded so they are paid for in full whether that be an adult or concession over 65. I wonít take my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle but will when theyíre older. My neighbour who gets one of the tickets is a 69 year ST holder who comes from Leith and has supported Hibs all his life. Goes to majority of Away games. He also left his wife in a camper van in Germany to come home for the League Cup Final 2016 and left her in Cyprus for the Scottish Cup Final 2016 - you might have heard him on Radio Forth. He also took me to my first ever derby. My friend who is coming this time (I helped Charlene out at the last game) is a ST holder and attends majority of Away games. If she canít go I will help any good Hibee who I know goes to most of the Away games and has sadly been unfortunate getting a ticket. Between Hearts, Dundee and Celtic Iíll have paid a good amount of money out which is my own. If I wasnít in this role I would still be doing the same. I could quite easily sit in the Directors box for nothing but I donít want to. Iím a supporter first and foremost. I want my kids to enjoy following Hibs and experiencing new stadiums. I want them to be there long after Iím gone which is why I included them on the Away ST. They canít come to Dundee due to it being on a school night so Iíve got 2 tickets available to upgrade if anyone wants them?! I just wonít be accused of using my position as a Director for doing what is allowed and available to any Away ST holder.

    I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually donít need to justify it but quite frankly itís getting out of hand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said but you dont have to explain yourself. Too many haters on here.

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,228
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is going to be my only response on this. Iím disgusted that I am now writing this due to a post partly about who I give my kids tickets to that Iíve paid for. As you say maybe Iím too honest. They get upgraded so they are paid for in full whether that be an adult or concession over 65. I wonít take my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle but will when theyíre older. My neighbour who gets one of the tickets is a 69 year ST holder who comes from Leith and has supported Hibs all his life. Goes to majority of Away games. He also left his wife in a camper van in Germany to come home for the League Cup Final 2016 and left her in Cyprus for the Scottish Cup Final 2016 - you might have heard him on Radio Forth. He also took me to my first ever derby. My friend who is coming this time (I helped Charlene out at the last game) is a ST holder and attends majority of Away games. If she canít go I will help any good Hibee who I know goes to most of the Away games and has sadly been unfortunate getting a ticket. Between Hearts, Dundee and Celtic Iíll have paid a good amount of money out which is my own. If I wasnít in this role I would still be doing the same. I could quite easily sit in the Directors box for nothing but I donít want to. Iím a supporter first and foremost. I want my kids to enjoy following Hibs and experiencing new stadiums. I want them to be there long after Iím gone which is why I included them on the Away ST. They canít come to Dundee due to it being on a school night so Iíve got 2 tickets available to upgrade if anyone wants them?! I just wonít be accused of using my position as a Director for doing what is allowed and available to any Away ST holder.

    I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually donít need to justify it but quite frankly itís getting out of hand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím not going to lie and say I agree with everything you do as a fans rep, but I find it unbelievable that you have to come on here and defend what you do with tickets you have paid for. If people arenít happy at missing out, they should show the same commitment as you and buy an away season ticket.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is going to be my only response on this. Iím disgusted that I am now writing this due to a post partly about who I give my kids tickets to that Iíve paid for. As you say maybe Iím too honest. They get upgraded so they are paid for in full whether that be an adult or concession over 65. I wonít take my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle but will when theyíre older. My neighbour who gets one of the tickets is a 69 year ST holder who comes from Leith and has supported Hibs all his life. Goes to majority of Away games. He also left his wife in a camper van in Germany to come home for the League Cup Final 2016 and left her in Cyprus for the Scottish Cup Final 2016 - you might have heard him on Radio Forth. He also took me to my first ever derby. My friend who is coming this time (I helped Charlene out at the last game) is a ST holder and attends majority of Away games. If she canít go I will help any good Hibee who I know goes to most of the Away games and has sadly been unfortunate getting a ticket. Between Hearts, Dundee and Celtic Iíll have paid a good amount of money out which is my own. If I wasnít in this role I would still be doing the same. I could quite easily sit in the Directors box for nothing but I donít want to. Iím a supporter first and foremost. I want my kids to enjoy following Hibs and experiencing new stadiums. I want them to be there long after Iím gone which is why I included them on the Away ST. They canít come to Dundee due to it being on a school night so Iíve got 2 tickets available to upgrade if anyone wants them?! I just wonít be accused of using my position as a Director for doing what is allowed and available to any Away ST holder.

    I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually donít need to justify it but quite frankly itís getting out of hand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry to have upset you or hit a nerve. Your tickets, do what you want with them and I don't think I have said or even implied you did anything wrong or used your position inappropriately. Merely it would be handy knowing you if you wanted a ticket for Tiny. Good to hear the tickets go to away travellers but no explanation was needed to me.The post was meant to be a satirical look at all the points that have been made on the various things that had pee'd off supporters I had read on this board and Facebook. It's deliberately called Top tips to echo Viz magazine. My humour clearly went over a few heads.

    I listened to the podcast where you revealed you used your kids AST for other supporters and my thoughts were she'll take some stick for that but how refreshingly honest. I don't see it as an issue but it has certainly been mentioned on a few pages and viewed in that way hence the appearance on the list.

    I bought 4 tickets and two are going to my mate as my kids haven't been to many away games and I'm not keen on taking them to Tiny. Like you my criteria was the same, I gave them to good Hibees who go to loads of away games. My own personal loyalty scheme if you will.

    Sorry again and hopefully my post won't have contributed to stopping you being as open and honest as you are. I appreciate you probably replied because of the point about your good self but there is, as you are aware, a massive amount of disappointment about ticketing for big games. It's a very sensitive area with supporters and many of my points whilst sarcastic are an issue with lots of fans if these pages are anything to go by. The last couple of high demand games have only made thing worse with the queue that wasn't a queue and the singing section tickets decisions adding insult to injury for many of us. Like many I want the return of some form of scheme to prioritise tickets for those that go to most games but frankly any improvement on what we have would be welcomed as it is time consuming, frustrating and at least feels very unfair.
    Last edited by wookie70; 13-01-2018 at 12:02 AM.

  9. #68
    Commited Shareholder Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,205
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got 4 tickets. I have been very lucky again. It won't last though so I have signed up for singing lessons. Hoping the singing section need a bass voice and we can get 31 tickets next time.
    No worries, glad you are sorted as I was feeling a bit of your pain and could maybe have sorted you with one.

  10. #69
    Testimonial Due Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is going to be my only response on this. Iím disgusted that I am now writing this due to a post partly about who I give my kids tickets to that Iíve paid for. As you say maybe Iím too honest. They get upgraded so they are paid for in full whether that be an adult or concession over 65. I wonít take my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle but will when theyíre older. My neighbour who gets one of the tickets is a 69 year ST holder who comes from Leith and has supported Hibs all his life. Goes to majority of Away games. He also left his wife in a camper van in Germany to come home for the League Cup Final 2016 and left her in Cyprus for the Scottish Cup Final 2016 - you might have heard him on Radio Forth. He also took me to my first ever derby. My friend who is coming this time (I helped Charlene out at the last game) is a ST holder and attends majority of Away games. If she canít go I will help any good Hibee who I know goes to most of the Away games and has sadly been unfortunate getting a ticket. Between Hearts, Dundee and Celtic Iíll have paid a good amount of money out which is my own. If I wasnít in this role I would still be doing the same. I could quite easily sit in the Directors box for nothing but I donít want to. Iím a supporter first and foremost. I want my kids to enjoy following Hibs and experiencing new stadiums. I want them to be there long after Iím gone which is why I included them on the Away ST. They canít come to Dundee due to it being on a school night so Iíve got 2 tickets available to upgrade if anyone wants them?! I just wonít be accused of using my position as a Director for doing what is allowed and available to any Away ST holder.

    I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually donít need to justify it but quite frankly itís getting out of hand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't have to explain yourself to the moaning minority on here.

    You seem to be doing a decent job in a difficult role and I would imagine the vast majority of level headed people will see that and be thankful for the effort you make

  11. #70
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to have upset you or hit a nerve. Your tickets, do what you want with them and I don't think I have said or even implied you did anything wrong or used your position inappropriately. Merely it would be handy knowing you if you wanted a ticket for Tiny. Good to hear the tickets go to away travellers but no explanation was needed to me.The post was meant to be a satirical look at all the points that have been made on the various things that had pee'd off supporters I had read on this board and Facebook. It's deliberately called Top tips to echo Viz magazine. My humour clearly went over a few heads.

    I listened to the podcast where you revealed you used your kids AST for other supporters and my thoughts were she'll take some stick for that but how refreshingly honest. I don't see it as an issue but it has certainly been mentioned on a few pages and viewed in that way hence the appearance on the list.

    I bought 4 tickets and two are going to my mate as my kids haven't been to many away games and I'm not keen on taking them to Tiny. Like you my criteria was the same, I gave them to good Hibees who go to loads of away games. My own personal loyalty scheme if you will.

    Sorry again and hopefully my post won't have contributed to stopping you being as open and honest as you are. I appreciate you probably replied because of the point about your good self but there is, as you are aware, a massive amount of disappointment about ticketing for big games. It's a very sensitive area with supporters and many of my points whilst sarcastic are an issue with lots of fans if these pages are anything to go by. The last couple of high demand games have only made thing worse with the queue that wasn't a queue and the singing section tickets decisions adding insult to injury for many of us. Like many I want the return of some form of scheme to prioritise tickets for those that go to most games but frankly any improvement on what we have would be welcomed as it is time consuming, frustrating and at least feels very unfair.
    Well done for apologising. Harder thing to do than just ignore the situation.

  12. #71
    I apologised for upsetting Tracey or hitting a nerve but not for what I posted. My post said knowing Tracey was a good way to get a ticket. Her post said she had ASTs that were not being used and she gave them to fans that knew her. At no time did I say she did anything wrong and I don't think she did. I'm admitting to doing something similar so don't see that as an issue. Tracey is disgusted but if I'm honest I've no idea why, at least in terms of my post. I certainly think she is doing a good job and appreciate the time she puts in on behalf of fans.
    Last edited by wookie70; 13-01-2018 at 10:11 AM.

  13. #72
    @hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dalkeith
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,339
    Not a dig at Tracey in any way as it's her tickets and she can choose who she wishes to give them to. If she doesn't take her kids to Ibrox or Tynie (she didn't mention Parkhead) there's really no requirement for her to purchase AST for her kids as they are the only occasions when they would be needed. She further states she won't take them to away games on a school night so the way I see it she spends a lot of unnecessary cash on her kids ASTs for very little return.

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    14,676
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got 4 tickets. I have been very lucky again. It won't last though so I have signed up for singing lessons. Hoping the singing section need a bass voice and we can get 31 tickets next time.
    Can you play a trombone?

    A couple of dozen or us are trying to form a Hibs brass band but we're light in the wind instrument department.

    Once we reach 30 we'll look at a stringed instrument quartet and a conductor then get the tickets sorted out

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  15. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .
    I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually donít need to justify it but quite frankly itís getting out of hand.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is getting out of hand and not helped by the dismissive way the board have handled the loyalty points shambles.

  16. #75
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    14,676
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is going to be my only response on this. Iím disgusted that I am now writing this due to a post partly about who I give my kids tickets to that Iíve paid for. As you say maybe Iím too honest. They get upgraded so they are paid for in full whether that be an adult or concession over 65. I wonít take my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle but will when theyíre older. My neighbour who gets one of the tickets is a 69 year ST holder who comes from Leith and has supported Hibs all his life. Goes to majority of Away games. He also left his wife in a camper van in Germany to come home for the League Cup Final 2016 and left her in Cyprus for the Scottish Cup Final 2016 - you might have heard him on Radio Forth. He also took me to my first ever derby. My friend who is coming this time (I helped Charlene out at the last game) is a ST holder and attends majority of Away games. If she canít go I will help any good Hibee who I know goes to most of the Away games and has sadly been unfortunate getting a ticket. Between Hearts, Dundee and Celtic Iíll have paid a good amount of money out which is my own. If I wasnít in this role I would still be doing the same. I could quite easily sit in the Directors box for nothing but I donít want to. Iím a supporter first and foremost. I want my kids to enjoy following Hibs and experiencing new stadiums. I want them to be there long after Iím gone which is why I included them on the Away ST. They canít come to Dundee due to it being on a school night so Iíve got 2 tickets available to upgrade if anyone wants them?! I just wonít be accused of using my position as a Director for doing what is allowed and available to any Away ST holder.

    I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually donít need to justify it but quite frankly itís getting out of hand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You do not have to justify this particular situation.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  17. #76
    Isn't it interesting that when the trolls are called out suddenly their nasty posts were 'satirical' or 'in jest'.

    Bollocks, they were meant to hurt.

    Good on you Tracey for standing up to the bullies.

  18. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you play a trombone?

    A couple of dozen or us are trying to form a Hibs brass band but we're light in the wind instrument department.

    Once we reach 30 we'll look at a stringed instrument quartet and a conductor then get the tickets sorted out

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Never tried but willing to learn.

  19. #78
    @hibs.net private member flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    sunny leith
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,203
    This thread has gone well.

  20. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't it interesting that when the trolls are called out suddenly their nasty posts were 'satirical' or 'in jest'.

    Bollocks, they were meant to hurt.

    Good on you Tracey for standing up to the bullies.
    Bullies my arse.

    Read the actual words I said and remember this is a thread entitled Top Tips for getting Derby Tickets. Top Tips was a column in a popular satirical magazine called Viz. The clues are there that it is a satirical look at the various things people have done to get Derby tickets - "Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)"

    I'm delighted to hear Tracey's tickets have went to good Hibbies who go to away games. I didn't need to hear it as they are her tickets and she can do what she wants with them. I listened to the podcast, I know she bought them and paid for the upgrade so no foul there. The detail about who the tickets went to came in her reply to this thread and if I had known I would have omitted the bracketed words.

    At what point have I even hinted she did anything wrong. Would knowing Tracey help you get a ticket for Tiny (specifically when her bairns aren't going, not through her influence as a Fans rep). It sounds from Tracey that it would. So would it be a Top Tip, in the Viz style, to get to know Tracey to have a wee bit more of a chance of a ticket to go to a Derby when her bairns aren't able to attend. I'm not really expecting anyone to do that just as no-one would really do anything in a Viz top tip but I guess satire and that form of humour has probably passed you by.

    I've been directly called a Rocket, a Bully and a Troll on this thread and also had a hint I need psychiatric help. I wouldn't agree with those assessments but I'm a big boy and after all it is an internet forum where we are entitled to share our views. I'll not be too hurt or disgusted and I'll not stop sharing my views unless the Admins tell me I am doing something wrong. If you feel I have please report me and let them know.

    Tell me what part of my post is nasty and I will directly apologise for that. Tell me what part of the post above is intended to hurt and again I will directly apologise for that. Read Tracey's post and tell me if what she said isn't a longer version of what I posted.

    Again, I apologise if what I wrote has hurt Tracey or her friends or supporters but I genuinely fail to see what the furore is all about.

  21. #80
    First Team Regular Sioux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bullies my arse.

    Read the actual words I said and remember this is a thread entitled Top Tips for getting Derby Tickets. Top Tips was a column in a popular satirical magazine called Viz. The clues are there that it is a satirical look at the various things people have done to get Derby tickets - "Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)"

    I'm delighted to hear Tracey's tickets have went to good Hibbies who go to away games. I didn't need to hear it as they are her tickets and she can do what she wants with them. I listened to the podcast, I know she bought them and paid for the upgrade so no foul there. The detail about who the tickets went to came in her reply to this thread and if I had known I would have omitted the bracketed words.

    At what point have I even hinted she did anything wrong. Would knowing Tracey help you get a ticket for Tiny (specifically when her bairns aren't going, not through her influence as a Fans rep). It sounds from Tracey that it would. So would it be a Top Tip, in the Viz style, to get to know Tracey to have a wee bit more of a chance of a ticket to go to a Derby when her bairns aren't able to attend. I'm not really expecting anyone to do that just as no-one would really do anything in a Viz top tip but I guess satire and that form of humour has probably passed you by.

    I've been directly called a Rocket, a Bully and a Troll on this thread and also had a hint I need psychiatric help. I wouldn't agree with those assessments but I'm a big boy and after all it is an internet forum where we are entitled to share our views. I'll not be too hurt or disgusted and I'll not stop sharing my views unless the Admins tell me I am doing something wrong. If you feel I have please report me and let them know.

    Tell me what part of my post is nasty and I will directly apologise for that. Tell me what part of the post above is intended to hurt and again I will directly apologise for that. Read Tracey's post and tell me if what she said isn't a longer version of what I posted.

    Again, I apologise if what I wrote has hurt Tracey or her friends or supporters but I genuinely fail to see what the furore is all about.
    Furore?

    You've got a brass neck The only furore is you and your Chez Guevara type crusade to save the people.

  22. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Furore?

    You've got a brass neck The only furore is you and your Chez Guevara type crusade to save the people.
    Not save the people, just inform them of a few ways of improving their chances for tickets for big games. Pity I've got a brass neck not a brass instrument as someone earlier was thinking of starting a band up with the hope of getting ticketing priority for the big games. Imagine Allez Allez on sax or maybe a quick blast of Reviille on the Bugle if we think Stokes isn't working hard enough off the ball.

  23. #82
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Armadale
    Age
    43
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I apologised for upsetting Tracey or hitting a nerve but not for what I posted. My post said knowing Tracey was a good way to get a ticket. Her post said she had ASTs that were not being used and she gave them to fans that knew her. At no time did I say she did anything wrong and I don't think she did. I'm admitting to doing something similar so don't see that as an issue. Tracey is disgusted but if I'm honest I've no idea why, at least in terms of my post. I certainly think she is doing a good job and appreciate the time she puts in on behalf of fans.
    Thank you and I get what you are saying here. Itís been quite personal of late so seeing my name in a post it felt that way too. I did see your apology and appreciate that. Itís the same with ST, you can upgrade a ticket. I wonít take the kids to Hearts or Rangers games because I feel they arenít suitable for their ears as yet. My dad used to be the same which is why neighbour took me to my first derby. Iím a supporter first and foremost and sometimes these are the games I can just watch with friends and not have to worry about the kids. My time. Iíve released their seats for home games also. I take the kids to Parkhead because Hubby is there. He has a ST for the standing section so donít have him at home to look after the kids. No hard feelings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #83
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Armadale
    Age
    43
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a dig at Tracey in any way as it's her tickets and she can choose who she wishes to give them to. If she doesn't take her kids to Ibrox or Tynie (she didn't mention Parkhead) there's really no requirement for her to purchase AST for her kids as they are the only occasions when they would be needed. She further states she won't take them to away games on a school night so the way I see it she spends a lot of unnecessary cash on her kids ASTs for very little return.
    Hi,

    Take kids to Parkhead as hubby is a ST holder there so donít have the childcare. They get quite excited about Parkhead because they hope to wind their dad up lol. I did consider not taking the AST for them but when you are doing it before the fixtures you just donít know how they are going to fall. Theyíve done the long trips with me so all in all itís been good for them. They love seeing new stadiums. Broadens their horizons. To be honest my 6 yr old would be enraged if she didnít have a ST and an AST. Love her passion for Hibs. Unfortunately Dundee isnít just along the road so they canít go being a school night and a shame as my mum and their cousins are close to it. If a Friday night or weekend wouldnít be an issue. Luck of the draw really.

    Tracey


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #84
    First Team Regular Sioux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not save the people, just inform them of a few ways of improving their chances for tickets for big games. Pity I've got a brass neck not a brass instrument as someone earlier was thinking of starting a band up with the hope of getting ticketing priority for the big games. Imagine Allez Allez on sax or maybe a quick blast of Reviille on the Bugle if we think Stokes isn't working hard enough off the ball.
    You need to see a shrink.

  26. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you and I get what you are saying here. Itís been quite personal of late so seeing my name in a post it felt that way too. I did see your apology and appreciate that. Itís the same with ST, you can upgrade a ticket. I wonít take the kids to Hearts or Rangers games because I feel they arenít suitable for their ears as yet. My dad used to be the same which is why neighbour took me to my first derby. Iím a supporter first and foremost and sometimes these are the games I can just watch with friends and not have to worry about the kids. My time. Iíve released their seats for home games also. I take the kids to Parkhead because Hubby is there. He has a ST for the standing section so donít have him at home to look after the kids. No hard feelings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do the same with the kids tickets for school night games at ER but the these days most of the folk I would give them to are fortunately back at ER. I must start giving the Ticket Office a phone and letting the club sell the tickets when I don't get round find a taker.

    I'm the same in terms of taking kids to big games away from ER. I actually enjoyed the wee adventure down the leagues as the kids really got to see lots of grounds that I hope they don't see much of in the future. My lad was only in the old East once and that was the game before they tore it down so it was a good chance to see what football was like not so long ago in terms of facilities. At 14 he is now old enough to come with me to Tiny but I don't feel Ibrox is safe for me never mind the kids. It's pretty clear to see the Supporter's reps are fans first and I have no issue with you or Frank. I'm not sure about the role but you both do some great work and no-one can question either of you in terms of passion for the club.

    Thanks very much for posting and is much welcomed.

  27. #86
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    61
    Posts
    9,662
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is going to be my only response on this. Iím disgusted that I am now writing this due to a post partly about who I give my kids tickets to that Iíve paid for. As you say maybe Iím too honest. They get upgraded so they are paid for in full whether that be an adult or concession over 65. I wonít take my kids to Ibrox or Tynecastle but will when theyíre older. My neighbour who gets one of the tickets is a 69 year ST holder who comes from Leith and has supported Hibs all his life. Goes to majority of Away games. He also left his wife in a camper van in Germany to come home for the League Cup Final 2016 and left her in Cyprus for the Scottish Cup Final 2016 - you might have heard him on Radio Forth. He also took me to my first ever derby. My friend who is coming this time (I helped Charlene out at the last game) is a ST holder and attends majority of Away games. If she canít go I will help any good Hibee who I know goes to most of the Away games and has sadly been unfortunate getting a ticket. Between Hearts, Dundee and Celtic Iíll have paid a good amount of money out which is my own. If I wasnít in this role I would still be doing the same. I could quite easily sit in the Directors box for nothing but I donít want to. Iím a supporter first and foremost. I want my kids to enjoy following Hibs and experiencing new stadiums. I want them to be there long after Iím gone which is why I included them on the Away ST. They canít come to Dundee due to it being on a school night so Iíve got 2 tickets available to upgrade if anyone wants them?! I just wonít be accused of using my position as a Director for doing what is allowed and available to any Away ST holder.

    I have sat and pondered on whether or not to post this because I actually donít need to justify it but quite frankly itís getting out of hand.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said.

    The only issue I might have is you have an iPhone°

    If someone wants to start a thread :sigh:
    Space to let

  28. #87
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Armadale
    Age
    43
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do the same with the kids tickets for school night games at ER but the these days most of the folk I would give them to are fortunately back at ER. I must start giving the Ticket Office a phone and letting the club sell the tickets when I don't get round find a taker.

    I'm the same in terms of taking kids to big games away from ER. I actually enjoyed the wee adventure down the leagues as the kids really got to see lots of grounds that I hope they don't see much of in the future. My lad was only in the old East once and that was the game before they tore it down so it was a good chance to see what football was like not so long ago in terms of facilities. At 14 he is now old enough to come with me to Tiny but I don't feel Ibrox is safe for me never mind the kids. It's pretty clear to see the Supporter's reps are fans first and I have no issue with you or Frank. I'm not sure about the role but you both do some great work and no-one can question either of you in terms of passion for the club.

    Thanks very much for posting and is much welcomed.
    I know what you mean re the Championship grounds they were some great away days.

    Thank you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #88
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bullies my arse.

    Read the actual words I said and remember this is a thread entitled Top Tips for getting Derby Tickets. Top Tips was a column in a popular satirical magazine called Viz. The clues are there that it is a satirical look at the various things people have done to get Derby tickets - "Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)"

    I'm delighted to hear Tracey's tickets have went to good Hibbies who go to away games. I didn't need to hear it as they are her tickets and she can do what she wants with them. I listened to the podcast, I know she bought them and paid for the upgrade so no foul there. The detail about who the tickets went to came in her reply to this thread and if I had known I would have omitted the bracketed words.

    At what point have I even hinted she did anything wrong. Would knowing Tracey help you get a ticket for Tiny (specifically when her bairns aren't going, not through her influence as a Fans rep). It sounds from Tracey that it would. So would it be a Top Tip, in the Viz style, to get to know Tracey to have a wee bit more of a chance of a ticket to go to a Derby when her bairns aren't able to attend. I'm not really expecting anyone to do that just as no-one would really do anything in a Viz top tip but I guess satire and that form of humour has probably passed you by.

    I've been directly called a Rocket, a Bully and a Troll on this thread and also had a hint I need psychiatric help. I wouldn't agree with those assessments but I'm a big boy and after all it is an internet forum where we are entitled to share our views. I'll not be too hurt or disgusted and I'll not stop sharing my views unless the Admins tell me I am doing something wrong. If you feel I have please report me and let them know.

    Tell me what part of my post is nasty and I will directly apologise for that. Tell me what part of the post above is intended to hurt and again I will directly apologise for that. Read Tracey's post and tell me if what she said isn't a longer version of what I posted.

    Again, I apologise if what I wrote has hurt Tracey or her friends or supporters but I genuinely fail to see what the furore is all about.

    i read your OP and took it in the spirit you intended mate.

    I can understand why Tracey is feeling a bit put upon at the moment, I donít think what you said was intended to add to that, and she has accepted your apology that this is the case.

    Its interesting that youíve been criticised for what youíve said, by people who have resorted to far stronger language than you used yourself.

  30. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i read your OP and took it in the spirit you intended mate.

    I can understand why Tracey is feeling a bit put upon at the moment, I donít think what you said was intended to add to that, and she has accepted your apology that this is the case.

    Its interesting that youíve been criticised for what youíve said, by people who have resorted to far stronger language than you used yourself.
    Thanks for that I'll cancel the appointment with the psychiatrist. I must say the more the listen to and read Tracey the more her style is growing on me. I can see why she was upset and some of the comments that have been thrown at her have been way over the top but she and hopefully I managed to work together and ended up agreeing on most things. That's a very good skill to have for a Fan's rep.

  31. #90
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    14,676
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i read your OP and took it in the spirit you intended mate.

    I can understand why Tracey is feeling a bit put upon at the moment, I donít think what you said was intended to add to that, and she has accepted your apology that this is the case.

    Its interesting that youíve been criticised for what youíve said, by people who have resorted to far stronger language than you used yourself.
    Same here, saw it as a bit of viz style approach spawned by the other more serious threads about ticketing and everything else rep related.

    Think it's done to death now.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved