hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 92
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I mentioned before, I took the hump the last time we were there.

    As a "football watching experience" it was pitiful, and I have zero confidence that this time it will be any better.

    Hibs at Tynecastle was always one of my favourite fixtures, always a big one to look forward to, even if many of the games over the years haven't been great. But the last time we were there I just came away wondering what kind of f*****g mug I was for shelling out what I did, to get a restricted view ticket, to have stood outside the ground for 40 minutes, to have missed the only interesting incident (a criminal refereeing mistake that robbed my team) in the most diabolical game of football ever seen - two teams horribly short on technical ability hoofing each other around a bog.

    Baws to getting het up trying to get a ticket for more of that.

    I'm quite content tonight. I might watch the game on the telly, I might not.

    Fair play to all of you clamouring to get tickets for this one.

    The scabbiest of victories and it will have all been well worth it, and those of us who have missed out (either deliberately in my case or not in some others) will be gutted we've missed it.
    I agree it was an absolutely horrific game and I am happy to watch this one in the warm boozer with £30 worth of food and drink vouchers. A kind of workin' mans hospitality if you like.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    18,815
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was lucky too. Doesn't stop me questioning some of the decisions the club are making on ticketing.


  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was lucky too. Doesn't stop me questioning some of the decisions the club are making on ticketing.
    Nice one!
    Theres ways to go about things aswell though. Im not saying i 100% agree with decisions made, because i dont, but theres a way to to go about things. Also no need in publically making sarcastic comments about the singing section who do a great job in my eyes.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    18,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice one!
    Theres ways to go about things aswell though. Im not saying i 100% agree with decisions made, because i dont, but theres a way to to go about things. Also no need in publically making sarcastic comments about the singing section who do a great job in my eyes.

    Are you you one of them?

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice one!
    Theres ways to go about things aswell though. Im not saying i 100% agree with decisions made, because i dont, but theres a way to to go about things. Also no need in publically making sarcastic comments about the singing section who do a great job in my eyes.
    I'm really having a dig at those making the decisions on who get's tickets and who decides on the arrangements, suppliers and comms. The singing section are just fans to me and no more special or deserving than other fans. From my seat due to acoustics and proximity I am far more likely to hear the section 43 choir or worse still the away fans. Folk sing all over the ground, loads of fans do wonderful things for the club and many more help out at working together and other fans related activities. Some work wonders for charities and the local community. Not a single one of them is any more worthy of a ticket for Tiny than the next one or any other season ticket holder unless they have an Away Season Ticket. This is a fans forum I doubt you will have to look very far to find sarcasm or abuse for that matter. My problem is not with the singing section but with whoever continues to make these completely contradictory decisions and produce comms that are at best misleading or more likely totally incorrect.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,692
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Belong to a flavour of the month group. Attendance at games not necessary as long as you sing a wee bit at the games you attend.(attendance at other away games, or early round cup games not necessary

    2. Know a player, board member, ex player, ticket staff, sponsor, workman etc(attendance at any previous game not necessary

    3. Join East Lothian HSC(attendance at other away games not necessary

    4. Ignore the club when they tell you you will be logged out at noon

    5. Ignore the club for at least 15 minutes when they say the game is sold out
    (attendance at other away games not necessary

    6. Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)

    7. Log on to as many devices and as many browsers as you can making sure you have a variety of log ins at different times with at least a couple around 29 minutes before tickets go live

    8. By an AST for as young a member as you know and take the hit on the games you don't go to upgrading to adult as required.

    9. Lastly as a wildcard write to LeeAnn expressing how well she has done generally bit make it clear she has a blind spot on ticketing and needs to do hugely better as she leads us from one shambles to the next
    which one did you go for?

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    which one did you go for?
    4, 5 and 7 have worked for me every time. Never believe the official site when it says sold out and never log in when they say. The more devices, IP addresses and log ins the better as it is total luck and you want as many tickets to the lottery as you can get.

  9. #38
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    139
    What a bunch of greeting faced c**ts we have that support us. The demand for this game massively outweighs supply, no matter how many games you’ve went to means nothing, only people with definite priority were away season ticket holders. No one has proof of the rest so stop going on about it

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,245
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a bunch of greeting faced c**ts we have that support us. The demand for this game massively outweighs supply, no matter how many games you’ve went to means nothing, only people with definite priority were away season ticket holders. No one has proof of the rest so stop going on about it
    Apart from 2 and 9 there’s literally proof of all of them.


  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,692
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apart from 2 and 9 there’s literally proof of all of them.
    There is proof of two

  12. #41
    Give Since 1875 more than 30 tickets surely. Im a great admirer of the work they put in behind the scenes and the atmosphere they create at matches. 30 is the least they deserve.

  13. #42
    These lads are the guys that were in Easter Road at 9am, the day after we were beat in the play offs by Falkirk, creating the Time For Hereos display, a display that the club then used to name the dvd, which must have made the club a lot of revenue.

    These are the lads that created The Hibs Go Marching On display v Hearts, which the club then used in their half season ticket campaign.

    Even at Tynecastle the atmosphere would be poor without them there, so I don't see the issue that they have been given less than 1% of tickets. The club and players obviously appreciate their efforts.

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Easter Road
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs3-2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither. Former player.

    (Nah i just got lucky in the online sales)
    I was on about the gadji up the thread

  15. #44
    First Team Regular Zondervan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    529
    The Singing Section’s barry
    They’ve got a drum and hats
    The sang down at Dumbarton
    And other holes like that
    But when it came Tynie
    We gave the 1 per cent
    It make The Wookie roar
    And off he f****** went

    Just kidding pal, respect for sharing your opinion but I (as you can guess) don’t agree with what you say about the singing section.

    I remember encountering their group for the first time at the Ayr away game in the cup 2012. We were in the same boozer, and one of my mates had put together the “Allez Allez” song after plagiarising it from Frankfurt’s singing section (proper, well organised Ultras group with hundreds of members). Before long, they had this song going at most away games, and I always remember at the 2013 cup final the whole Hibs end was singing it. This has continued at most of our high profile games since (Ibrox, Parkhead, Tiny Tynie, Hampden and of course ER).

    Just one example of what they have done to help with the match atmosphere.

    They also continued drumming up (quite literally) the Hibs support throughout our Championship seasons, bringing an atmosphere to games at Alloa, Kirkcaldy, Falkirk, Dundee, Dumfries, Greenock and lots of other wee delectable places.

    Are they bigger and better fans than you and I? No, of course not.

    Do they act as the catalyst for the atmosphere created by Hibs fans? Most definitely. For this reason, I have no problem whatsoever given up 0.8% of our tickets for this group, which has a negligible impact on others obtaining tickets when they go on sale via the Hibs website.

    As mentioned above by others, maybe Hibs should significantly reduce the numbers they hand out to players and ex-players? This would more than free up the 0.8%, and by default negate the problems caused by allocating the 30 tickets allocated to the singing section?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These lads are the guys that were in Easter Road at 9am, the day after we were beat in the play offs by Falkirk, creating the Time For Hereos display, a display that the club then used to name the dvd, which must have made the club a lot of revenue.

    These are the lads that created The Hibs Go Marching On display v Hearts, which the club then used in their half season ticket campaign.

    Even at Tynecastle the atmosphere would be poor without them there, so I don't see the issue that they have been given less than 1% of tickets. The club and players obviously appreciate their efforts.
    I agree with what you are saying but that bit is absolute pish, unless of course you are talking about the other 14,000* boring *******s!


    *Number pending

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    18,815
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These lads are the guys that were in Easter Road at 9am, the day after we were beat in the play offs by Falkirk, creating the Time For Hereos display, a display that the club then used to name the dvd, which must have made the club a lot of revenue.

    These are the lads that created The Hibs Go Marching On display v Hearts, which the club then used in their half season ticket campaign.

    Even at Tynecastle the atmosphere would be poor without them there, so I don't see the issue that they have been given less than 1% of tickets. The club and players obviously appreciate their efforts.

    That is simply not true. Managed to create good atmosphere at Tynecastle looooooong before these guys started going.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    18,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with what you are saying but that bit is absolute pish, unless of course you are talking about the other 14,000* boring *******s!


    *Number pending


  19. #48
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    76 posts in 6 years.
    What's that comment all about? That's the kind of phish I expect to read on Kickback.

  20. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Zondervan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Singing Section’s barry
    They’ve got a drum and hats
    The sang down at Dumbarton
    And other holes like that
    But when it came Tynie
    We gave the 1 per cent
    It make The Wookie roar
    And off he f****** went

    Just kidding pal, respect for sharing your opinion but I (as you can guess) don’t agree with what you say about the singing section.

    I remember encountering their group for the first time at the Ayr away game in the cup 2012. We were in the same boozer, and one of my mates had put together the “Allez Allez” song after plagiarising it from Frankfurt’s singing section (proper, well organised Ultras group with hundreds of members). Before long, they had this song going at most away games, and I always remember at the 2013 cup final the whole Hibs end was singing it. This has continued at most of our high profile games since (Ibrox, Parkhead, Tiny Tynie, Hampden and of course ER).

    Just one example of what they have done to help with the match atmosphere.

    They also continued drumming up (quite literally) the Hibs support throughout our Championship seasons, bringing an atmosphere to games at Alloa, Kirkcaldy, Falkirk, Dundee, Dumfries, Greenock and lots of other wee delectable places.

    Are they bigger and better fans than you and I? No, of course not.

    Do they act as the catalyst for the atmosphere created by Hibs fans? Most definitely. For this reason, I have no problem whatsoever given up 0.8% of our tickets for this group, which has a negligible impact on others obtaining tickets when they go on sale via the Hibs website.

    As mentioned above by others, maybe Hibs should significantly reduce the numbers they hand out to players and ex-players? This would more than free up the 0.8%, and by default negate the problems caused by allocating the 30 tickets allocated to the singing section?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great post and I'm honoured I'm mentioned in a song. You make some good points and I have no issue with the singing section getting some help from the club. They already have of course as long term season ticket holders were in that area previously and obviously were made to make a decision due to that section being relocated. I have been going to Easter Road for 45 years and we have had a singing section in one form or another for all that time. In days gone by it was most of the East. The atmosphere at games like AEK Athens was electric compared to the games now. That being said I will always support fans who want to generate a positive atmosphere and am partial to Allez Allez too. Nowhere near as much as the classics though.

    The singing section are doing a good job and I'm happy with the club offering support. I would suggest that support comes in the form of monies for displays, help with transport to get displays to Hampden, allowing a bulk buy of tickets so they can sit together as long as there is no other preference given. Under no circumstances would I endorse them getting a chance of a ticket over an another fan in the same bracket.

    The other thing is my post was really about the shambles, as I see it, that our ticketing arrangements have become. It wasn't so much a dig at the singing section but at the powers taht be that couldn't foresee this being an issue.

    Allez Allez

  21. #50
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great post and I'm honoured I'm mentioned in a song. You make some good points and I have no issue with the singing section getting some help from the club. They already have of course as long term season ticket holders were in that area previously and obviously were made to make a decision due to that section being relocated. I have been going to Easter Road for 45 years and we have had a singing section in one form or another for all that time. In days gone by it was most of the East. The atmosphere at games like AEK Athens was electric compared to the games now. That being said I will always support fans who want to generate a positive atmosphere and am partial to Allez Allez too. Nowhere near as much as the classics though.

    The singing section are doing a good job and I'm happy with the club offering support. I would suggest that support comes in the form of monies for displays, help with transport to get displays to Hampden, allowing a bulk buy of tickets so they can sit together as long as there is no other preference given. Under no circumstances would I endorse them getting a chance of a ticket over an another fan in the same bracket.

    The other thing is my post was really about the shambles, as I see it, that our ticketing arrangements have become. It wasn't so much a dig at the singing section but at the powers taht be that couldn't foresee this being an issue.

    Allez Allez
    I have highlighted a certain bit within your post. This is where I think the club can do more to support. It doesn't necessarily have to be tickets set aside (although for the sake of 30 I have no issues personally) but to work with the group to ensure they can sit together and therefore impact the atmosphere more positively. Surely some pre planning on the clubs part, an area set aside for Since1875, and tickets switched with other fans who have been successful in purchase before the club officially distribute would allow them to sit together.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    18,815
    Quote Originally Posted by JIm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's that comment all about? That's the kind of phish I expect to read on Kickback.

    He posted an abusive comment to another poster, thats the type of pish you see on KB

  23. #52
    Commited Shareholder Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,205
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Belong to a flavour of the month group. Attendance at games not necessary as long as you sing a wee bit at the games you attend.(attendance at other away games, or early round cup games not necessary

    2. Know a player, board member, ex player, ticket staff, sponsor, workman etc(attendance at any previous game not necessary

    3. Join East Lothian HSC(attendance at other away games not necessary

    4. Ignore the club when they tell you you will be logged out at noon

    5. Ignore the club for at least 15 minutes when they say the game is sold out
    (attendance at other away games not necessary

    6. Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)

    7. Log on to as many devices and as many browsers as you can making sure you have a variety of log ins at different times with at least a couple around 29 minutes before tickets go live

    8. By an AST for as young a member as you know and take the hit on the games you don't go to upgrading to adult as required.

    9. Lastly as a wildcard write to LeeAnn expressing how well she has done generally bit make it clear she has a blind spot on ticketing and needs to do hugely better as she leads us from one shambles to the next
    Wookie.
    I enjoyed your post. Did you get a ticket in the end?

  24. #53
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Belong to a flavour of the month group. Attendance at games not necessary as long as you sing a wee bit at the games you attend.(attendance at other away games, or early round cup games not necessary

    2. Know a player, board member, ex player, ticket staff, sponsor, workman etc(attendance at any previous game not necessary

    3. Join East Lothian HSC(attendance at other away games not necessary

    4. Ignore the club when they tell you you will be logged out at noon

    5. Ignore the club for at least 15 minutes when they say the game is sold out
    (attendance at other away games not necessary

    6. Get to know Tracey and hope her bairns aren't going to Tiny or Ibrox(attendance at other away games not necessary)

    7. Log on to as many devices and as many browsers as you can making sure you have a variety of log ins at different times with at least a couple around 29 minutes before tickets go live

    8. By an AST for as young a member as you know and take the hit on the games you don't go to upgrading to adult as required.

    9. Lastly as a wildcard write to LeeAnn expressing how well she has done generally bit make it clear she has a blind spot on ticketing and needs to do hugely better as she leads us from one shambles to the next
    Reads like you are having a pop at Tracey here - can I ask why?

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    18,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedlund12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reads like you are having a pop at Tracey here - can I ask why?

    I can think of 1 reason, Tracy said there would be no tickets held back for any groups but the singing section got 30 kept aside as declared by her.

  26. #55
    Commited Shareholder Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wookie.
    I enjoyed your post. Did you get a ticket in the end?
    Bump.

  27. #56
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can think of 1 reason, Tracy said there would be no tickets held back for any groups but the singing section got 30 kept aside as declared by her.
    I don't believe Tracey is responsible for the allocation of tickets at the club.

    I thought I read on here recently that posts weren't to be personal or slating others?

  28. #57
    Commited Shareholder Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedlund12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe Tracey is responsible for the allocation of tickets at the club.

    I thought I read on here recently that posts weren't to be personal or slating others?
    Good luck with that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bump.

    Wookie. You about?
    Bump.

  29. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedlund12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reads like you are having a pop at Tracey here - can I ask why?
    It's more a list of things I have seen regarding ticketing than me having a pop. If you read some of my other posts you'll see that I find Tracey's honest attitude and willingness to communicate refreshing. I think she was naive saying she gave her kids AST to friends for the big games, given the timing, but I admire how open and honest she is. I would have a pop of it was her decision to give the singing section tickets but I imagine she is the messenger

  30. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wookie.
    I enjoyed your post. Did you get a ticket in the end?
    Got 4 tickets. I have been very lucky again. It won't last though so I have signed up for singing lessons. Hoping the singing section need a bass voice and we can get 31 tickets next time.

  31. #60
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's more a list of things I have seen regarding ticketing than me having a pop. If you read some of my other posts you'll see that I find Tracey's honest attitude and willingness to communicate refreshing. I think she was naive saying she gave her kids AST to friends for the big games, given the timing, but I admire how open and honest she is. I would have a pop of it was her decision to give the singing section tickets but I imagine she is the messenger
    I agree with a lot of your points I personally think that the current set up is an absolute joke and it pisses me off with the "we're not listening attitude from the club!"

    I think it's unfair to make a personal reference to Tracey. She can do as she pleases with her AST. I have one ticket for the game but needed two but couldn't get them. I won't go without my son who attends all games with me. If I can't get another my ticket (for this big game) will go to one of my friends...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved