hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What would be the post way to improve the ticketing process for high demand games?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • System is fine as is (away season ticket holders and ticketing window for all ST holders)

21 18.58%
  • Scrap away season tickets, leave everything else as is

1 0.88%
  • Reintroduce loyalty points system as it was previously

14 12.39%
  • Reintroduce loyalty points system, but change it in some way

63 55.75%
  • Introduce a ballot system (interested ST holders put their name forward, allocation drawn at random)

10 8.85%
  • Restrict ticket sales to 1 ticket per client ref

4 3.54%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish hibs were ***** again, there would be no scramble for tickets

and THEN a loyalty scheme would magically appear again

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    No. Let's have 11.000 fans wanting to see every away game instead. What do you reckon? Not one fan who travels to any away game does it to boost the rival. Jeez, I thought you were an Admin here? Sounds like you're stirring........
    Eh? I'm not so sure that pointing out that there is two sides to every argument is stirring. Maybe if you recognised that you could make a more measured argument to win people over to your way of thinking.
    Or don't you think that removing ST holders right to a chance of away tickets is not without problems?
    Last edited by marinello59; 10-01-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    OR.....Disappoint the 11000 who pay our club a large amount of money upfront every season and cater to the few fans who were lucky enough to have the time and money to boost our rivals coffers at Firhill etc. There's two ways to look at everything.
    Who's to say people who regularly travel to away games have plenty time and money compared to those who choose not to? Boosting rivals' coffers? That's just silly I'm afraid.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Reintroduce points but simplify it, call it ticket points or attendance points. No points for going to Hearts,Rangers or Celtic away. Only get points the less attractive games, motherwell, dundee away et al.
    Agree but would add 12.30 kick offs in aberdeen
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

I voted for a loyalty points (changed) system but would also support an amended AST system that lets you cancel tickets you do not need. I'd put a limit on the number of games you can cancel in a season (say maximum of 3 or 4) to discourage fans joining who are only looking for category A game away tickets.

An attendance or game points system would be for attending games only.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Its not a flaw its how a loyalty system works.
    It's a flaw and here is why: 2 guys start the season on the same amount of points and they both go to all the away games and then hearts away comes up. Both guys apply for a ticket but only one of them is lucky enough to get one. On top of getting lucky he now has say 10 more points than the other guy who through no fault of his own has missed out. Say this continues through out the season and we get rangers or hearts away in the cup, the guy could easily rack up 60 to 70 points ahead buy the end of the season so, how is that fair?

Also, by stopping awarding points for these games there's less chance of someone who cant make the game buying a ticket for the points and giving the ticket to a mate or family member who's got little or no points.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Eh? I'm not so sure that pointing out that there is two sides to every argument is stirring. Maybe if you recognised that you could make a more measured argument to win people over to your way of thinking.
    Or don't you think that removing ST holders right to a chance of away tickets is not without problems?
    Removing their chances of getting tickets for where exactly? Tell me the games in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Who's to say people who regularly travel to away games have plenty time and money compared to those who choose not to? Boosting rivals' coffers? That's just silly I'm afraid.
    Isn't it just? Reasoned argument apparently.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Agree but would add 12.30 kick offs in aberdeen

Of course!

Removing their chances of getting tickets for where exactly? Tell me the games in question.
    Eh?
    Removing their chance to get a ticket to all away games. But you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I agree, it is a bit silly. Like I said, I was playing devils advocate.

Problem with a ballot is what if a kid and parent are split up, or say the kid gets drawn from the ballot but the parent not. I dunno if that would be an easy fix or not but loyalty points are the fairest way and were previously.

The obvious way is one that will never happen - loyalty points.

I go every single week so as long as the away season ticket is retained I'm not overly fussed what happens with the remaining tickets.

Everybody will, selfishly, see it from their own point of view and in a way that suits them. For me, I just think that it's only fair that those who attend every week retain some form of priority.

Nothing wrong with our away game ticketing arrangements. We sell on behalf of the away club from our database not on our own.

You can pay up to join the ASTH scheme the current system works. Every one has an equal chance, no-one is too special not to enter the general sale other than.on an equal standing.

If you havent got a ticket that is just tough there are not enough available so pick up your dummies and gather up your toys and put them back in the pram and go watch the game on the telly.

Incoming!👿
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 10-01-2018 at 06:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Fit every seat with some form of Clapometer. You gets points every time you cheer and deducted if you boo. Extra points deducted if you boo Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Nothing wrong with our away game ticketing arrangements. We sell on behalf of the away club from our database not on our own.

Unless you pay up to join the ASTH scheme the current system works. Every one has an equal chance, no-one is too special not to enter the general sale other than.on an equal standing.

If you havent got a ticket that is just tough thete ate not enough available so pick up your dummies and gather up your toys and put them back in the pram and go watch the game on the telly.

Incoming!👿
    Complete rubbish, the current system ignores fans who make 80%-90% of away games and gives them the same chance as a Johnny come lately who hasn't been to an away game this season, fair?

This is a common misconception, there is no (upfront) cost to join the AST scheme, the money for your ticket is debited from your bank account roughly 48hrs before they go on sale, you are however obliged to purchase a ticket for every league and cup match where tickets are sold in advance! No exceptions.

That last part. Deliberate baiting.

OR.....Disappoint the 11000 who pay our club a large amount of money upfront every season and cater to the few fans who were lucky enough to have the time and money to boost our rivals coffers at Firhill etc. There's two ways to look at everything.
    But today fans were boosting the coffers of our local rivals, not our own club.

Quote Originally Posted by fife hfc View Post
    The point I was making ( badly obviously ) was that you can’t simply dismiss the many ST holders who don’t travel regularly but do spend a lot of money at Hibs as the poster I was responding to did.

Eh?
    Removing their chance to get a ticket to all away games. But you knew that.
    That's twice now with the eh? Thats not the measured response you look for is it? I find it a wee but ignorant.

No one will have the opportunity for a ticket to all away games removed and you know that.
    Other than three league venues, tickets will always result in open sale. You know that too.

Call your response as 'the playing of devils advocate' all you like. Its stirring to me, as I suggested a while back.

That's twice now with the eh? Thats not the measured response you look for is it? I find it a wee but ignorant.

No one will have the opportunity for a ticket to all away games removed and you know that.
    Other than three league venues, tickets will always result in open sale. You know that too.

Call your response as 'the playing of devils advocate' all you like. Its stirring to me, as I suggested a while back.
    You seem determined to make this personal. No need really.
    Just ignore my posts from now on. Most people do anyway to be fair.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fife hfc View Post
    We share the gate

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

You seem determined to make this personal. No need really.
    Just ignore my posts from now on. Most people do anyway to be fair.
    I was lured into thinking you wanted a reasoned debate? Never mind.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    the current system ignores fans who make 80%-90% of away games and gives them the same chance as a Johnny come lately who hasn't been to an away game this season, fair?
    That’s a fair point and is clearly one side of the argument.

From the other side though, what about the 80 year old that’s been going to ER since he was a kid who now fancies going to Tynie as a one off? A loyalty points system means he’s got no chance. Fair?

All I’m saying, along with some others, is that there are two very different, but equally valid, ways of looking at it.

This is to enhance the ticketing system. Simply reintroduce points scheme for attendance at home/away matches for tickets pre purchased form Easter Road Ticket Office or on the Ticketing System (call centre or online). No points for tickets bought from pods or on the gate at away games.Would also have no issue keeping the away season tickets (I don't have one!) and for these people the points would be awarded automatically. Forget points for other things (HSL, etc), this is about attendance at matches and in return being rewarded with points that will put you in an order that means when the scares tickets go on sale your in an order.

Some may not accept this but modelling a new loyalty points system on the one used by the Yams would actually be desirable!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    Some may not accept this but modelling a new loyalty points system on the one used by the Yams would actually be desirable!!

I've mentioned this many times Billy. It works for them no bother and they have an away support about on par with us.