hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We already have a board that’s dong a good job at running the club. We didn’t need to add another 2 people to the board.
    I must be misinterpreting what you said. It looks to me like you want them to go against what's best for the club if that's what the fans want.

2. Log in to remove the advert

As I’m sure the fans reps will be checking this thread can I ask them again what the clubs position on strengthening FFP rules in future are in order to prevent what happened with Rangers happening again in future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I must be misinterpreting what you said. It looks to me like you want them to go against what's best for the club if that's what the fans want.
    The board are going to do whats best for the club regardless of what 2 fans rep says. Supporters and board members are always going to see things differently if we have fan reps on the board who are just going to be Yes men or women to the current board then whats the point. I think they are both in a lose lose situation and the whole thing should be scrapped.

Jesus wept.

If they don't even understand the difference between Livingston/Hearts spending outwith their means and Rangers deliberately concealing side contracts to evade tax (and having been found guilty ffs) then wtf is the point?

It comes across that they have been told* "there's nothing can be done" and blindly accepted it at face value.

* presumably by Mr Vested Interest In Moving On Petrie.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Jesus wept.

If they don't even understand the difference between Livingston/Hearts spending outwith their means and Rangers deliberately concealing side contracts to evade tax (and having been found guilty ffs) then wtf is the point?

It comes across that they have been told* "there's nothing can be done" and blindly accepted it at face value.

No wonder they voted with the club. Sweep sweep sweep, fans rep my arse, club apologists.

They are not representing the fans, they are doing the jobs the club want them to do. Great work listening to what they have done, but representing the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Jesus wept.

It was hard to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    The board are going to do whats best for the club regardless of what 2 fans rep says. Supporters and board members are always going to see things differently if we have fan reps on the board who are just going to be Yes men or women to the current board then whats the point. I think they are both in a lose lose situation and the whole thing should be scrapped.
    Thank goodness someone is.

@hibs.net private member
    Thank goodness someone is.
    Boards in any business will always do what they THINK is best for the organisation. But boards, even very good ones like ours, make mistakes and misjudge things.

That's where I hope fans reps could offer a counter balance or difference point of view.

I've seen that Frank Diggin at games and he's passionate, doesn't look to have transferred over to fans rep role - although I suspect they are handicapped by Rod the Fraud and co.

Time for the roles to be scrapped - wae immediate effect!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    I've seen that Frank Diggin at games and he's passionate, doesn't look to have transferred over to fans rep role - although I suspect they are handicapped by Rod the Fraud and co.

frank really shouldn't be diggin at his age

Car crash listening.

It sounds like, whether they were Board members or not, there would be plenty of excuses about why they can't effectively represent the support. FFS, as soon as someone trots out 'the silent majority', you know they're doing something wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    so, just listened to the full interview...Here's my views- don't know either of there fan reps, or those doing the podcast...so simply an independent opinion..

Well done to the interviewers and the reps for facing in to all the topics...

The personal comments in a few of the early posts on this are unhelpful and unnecessary. Neither of the fans reps are shed on their media presence . That's not what they are in the role for, so if there communication isn't word perfect - who cares...they are there to represent the fans and the club.

The passion for the club from both came over , loud and clear. Not unexpected, but no one can say they don't care..

Frank could have been helped but one of the guys doing the recording to tip him to not hit his hand on the table when making points ...wouldn't have been a natural thought for someone not used to being recorded.

Felt they faced in to all the topics, difficult as some where. Didn't hide on any topic. Felt they answered the Rangers topics fairly well...many will never be happy with the outcome, but personally I respect that different opinions were considered and Hibs have reached the right outcome for us.

Loyalty points - again very clear messages - didn't agree with the conclusions , and some of it didn't quite stand up for me (for example: the point that every club has the same issues - well, they don't - many have well functioning loyalty point systems) - but they answered the points raised..

Frank's style if forthright and can come over a bit competitive - probably not the perfect style, but that is the man, and I'm sure whilst communication might not be his strongest point, his passion for the club and those around it, will help him make an impact in the role.

I liked Tracey's style. Humble and respectful of the role she has, understands the responsibility of the role. Grew on me through the recording..have a lot of time for the way she responded to many of the points.

The theme of some of the posts on this thread that there isn't a "unified view" from fans , therefore "how can they represent one view?" is a flawed view. Representing the fans voice can be done by sharing that there are differing views...it is not as simple often as one opinion..and it sounded like they recognised that

I still feel they could do better with regular feedback - but Tracey acknowledged that - and yes, Frank is a bit old skull - but it feels like they have a good mix of skills and approaches - and as Tracey grows in to the role, it will get improve more..

So, this note likely stands out as a different tone from many on this thread - but well done to those involved and , Fans reps - keep up the good work - you have at least one supporter on here

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    There does seems to be missing link where fans have feedback about the club but feel their opinion isn’t always heard.

Obviously football clubs will always have fans with opinions of some sort but the key is to find a way that feedback is somehow addressed.

Fans forums at the stadium / surgeries don’t seem to work or not been promoted well enough.

Hibs forums seem to be the most popular way but also a minefield as you can havenhndercover fans / journalists etc posting / trolling.

There should maybe be some sort of feedback before renewing a ST or midseason sent to st holders only.

Again is that a wide view of the full fan base ?

The 2 fans reps seem to have taken the heat off RP and co as they are now in the firing line - seems they are stuck in the middle - they listen and care to a degree but without the power to make much change.

The Hibs board has improved since LD took charge but I still think we could improve with someone at the club in a paid role to deal with feedback and supported issues - but again it’s making sure it reaches those who have the power to make change.
    For me their role should be to take the concerns of the fans and make sure the people in the boardroom fully understand them. I don’t want them making decisions and voting on club matters, they’re not qualified for that, and they don’t have any real power anyway.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    No, not at all. I want them to voice the opinions of the fans to the board, then let the board get on with making the decisions. If the board goes against what the fans want, then it’s up to the board to take the flak. Right now we have the two reps taking the flak, when they don’t really have any influence to make these decisions. I don’t think this situation is a coincidence.

United we stand here....

The "fans rep" title is a misnomer and the whole things a cosmetic exercise.

Their hands will always be tied by collective Board responsibility and while they need to be subject to those checks and balances, it means that they will never have any tangible Boardroom influence.

If they were to be re branded as "fan liaison officers" and come off the Board it might give them some autonomy and take away some of the unrealistic expectations. I still think they'd have little or no influence as the real Board members will always do what the real Board members want to do.

@hibs.net private member
    Some people are advocating for fans reps to not be in board meeting discussions, or in any decision making meetings - How would that improve the impact of their role? That doesn't make any sense. Surely being fully part of the discussions and decision making process is the best way to create influence and impact?

Yes the role has collective responsibility as part of the board. I have no doubt that two fans being around the board will broaden the input into the board discussions - can only be a good thing...the board needs to make the best decisions for the club. Sometimes, that will match what most fans want, often it may not. It doesn't reduce the impact of the fans reps role for me.

Some of the populist agenda items, seem not too have gone the way many fans hoped for e.g. Rangers ...so the fans rep role is being dismissed as irrelevant - rather than welcoming that at least we have fans voices directly input into those topics - what's the alternative - no fan involvement in the board? How would that be a step forward?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Rod the fraud??

What you getting at here?

Great site chaps and ladies.
    Apologies my first post is not a positive one.
    While the reps are true Hibs fans and I admire them putting themselves up for selection, I think they have been thrown into the deep end without a paddle and with no disrespect meant a little out their depth. They are fodder for the likes of Petrie and even Leanne's corporate speak and power in the boardroom and should reconsider their participation.

I am baffled by the 'Rangers question' discussed that they believe general consensus from Hibs fans backing Celtics position is just a few hot heads repeating the same tune online. Little can be done now but if we don't at least show our true green colour, perceptions will remain that its okay to cheat the Scottish game and open to repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    Great site chaps and ladies.
    Apologies my first post is not a positive one.
    While the reps are true Hibs fans and I admire them putting themselves up for selection, I think they have been thrown into the deep end without a paddle and with no disrespect meant a little out their depth. They are fodder for the likes of Petrie and even Leanne's corporate speak and power in the boardroom and should reconsider their participation.

I am baffled by the 'Rangers question' discussed that they believe general consensus from Hibs fans backing Celtics position is just a few hot heads repeating the same tune online. Little can be done now but if we don't at least show our true green colour, perceptions will remain that its okay to cheat the Scottish game and open to repetition.
    Great first post.

I'm in the 'wanted Petrie punted the second we got relegated' camp, there's no doubt his ( as it turns out ) inspired decision to appoint Leann Dempster has saved his bacon and in calmer waters even folk like me can look back with hindsight and see that his tenure hasn't been all negative with the stadium and training facilities we now have being mostly his work.

So yes, RP has been both good and bad for this club ..... I missed the bit where he committed "fraud" though, that sound like something the fans should be told about, perhaps you could enlighten us?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    The fans reps are just whipping boys/girls for the board. Let them take the flak for unpopular decisions whilst Petrie and his merry band sit in their Ivory Towers getting an easy ride.

I'm only half an hour or so in but this is utterly horrendous, I've been critical of them over the Rangers issue, but I'm actually shocked at such a complete failure to understand the issues, sadly these two are completely out of depth.

No doubt reading the (entirely fair) analysis of the reps performance won't be comfortable for them, or their friends.

They are going to get criticism, sometimes strong criticism, this doesn't equate to the 'shocking abuse' repeatedly claimed.

I've voted in both the elections, but it’s ran its course, I would scrap the roles.

@hibs.net private member
    We elected fans to the board of our club so that the fans voices can be heard in the boardroom. When electing people I don’t expect them to agree or vote for everything I say or believe. But I believe both our fan reps will have taken onboard views from a cross selection of the support and then ultimately make decisions based on these views and their own. They may even have had their views changed by debate round the boardroom table. I think many on here strugggle with the fact none of us are the “fans view “ but the reps do a great job in extremely trying circumstances trying to portray our views.

It’s not long ago the Chair of HSA was the anti christ on here for giving his views. Some really need to wind their necks in. This is a fans forum and it’s meant to be a bit of fun amongst Hibs fans

I just cant believe loads of people thought that our board, who earn 10s of thousands of pounds a year, were going to invite 2 fans onto the board as volunteers and give these 2 fans any say in what goes on around our club!

You cant be that naive, surely?

The fans rep positions are merely a gimmick. They can voice whatever they want to the board, but if it isnt in the best interests of the club, i.e the sevco issue, no matter what the fans rep say, wont mean a thing.

Giving abuse and slating the fans rep is out of order. Im sure they do their best with what voice they do have, but as usual, fans just want to jump on a bandwagen and start shouting from the rooftops without thinking about it.

FYI, this was my 1000th post....

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    I just cant believe loads of people thought that our board, who earn 10s of thousands of pounds a year, were going to invite 2 fans onto the board as volunteers and give these 2 fans any say in what goes on around our club!

The fans rep positions are merely a gimmick. They can voice whatever they want to the board, but if it isnt in the best interests of the club, i.e the sevco issue, no matter what the fans rep say, wont mean a thing.

Giving abuse and slating the fans rep is out of order. Im sure they do their best with what voice they do have, but as usual, fans just want to jump on a bandwagen and start shouting from the rooftops without thinking about it.

The majority of our Board are unpaid.

Only LD and Jamie Marwick are paid.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Hmm. Right then.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    The majority of our Board are unpaid.

Only LD and Jamie Marwick are paid.

Wasnt aware of that. I imagine the others on the board have a certain amount of power, although not paid by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Hmm. Right then.
    So you believe that the fans rep deserve death threats, abuse and what is turning out to be a online hate campaign?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Wasnt aware of that. I imagine the others on the board have a certain amount of power, although not paid by the club.

So you believe that the fans rep deserve death threats, abuse and what is turning out to be a online hate campaign?
    They have the same legal power as all Board members.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    They have the same legal power as all Board members.

And members of the police force have all the same legal powers as me, technically, but i would imagine they would seen as different by others, such as judges and fellow police officers

Power can mean alot of things. Fans reps will be at the bottom of the pile, by a long distance, in terms of boardroom power.

Abuse is to be deplored, where would we need to look to see this hate campaign?