hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Thomson

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite right. his Ma needs to retire.
    He's living the dream he loves the huns, best fxxk him off.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Really tiresome all these digs about Kevin Thomson

They guy made mistakes admitted them and the proved time and again by his actions on and off the field that he was a bona fide Hibs Supporter, even after Hibs allegedly stiffed him when Lennon came in.

For that very same reason he has no chance of a gig at Hibs at present and needs to develop his coaching career.

I would prefer he hadn't gone back to them but if that was the only offer on the table what was he supposed to do?

One thing he isn't is daft, he would have weighed up the pros and cons of his decision and decided that in order to progress his career it was a decision he had to take.

Kevin will always be welcome at ER as far as I am concerned, but I cannot wish him luck in his role with them.
    What do you mean by hibs stiffing him with Lennon?

Haha just read how that sounds,but my question still stands.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    There are some bitter bitter people on this thread. I just don't understand the blind hatred towards the guy, is it a crime to further your career and to try and make the best out of life?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    More of a Hibs fan than Griffths.
    It's acceptable to kiss the Celtic badge apparently. I don't like it but I could never direct poisonous posts towards him.
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 10-01-2018 at 08:42 AM.

This can't be right Rangers are going bust ?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    There are some bitter bitter people on this thread. I just don't understand the blind hatred towards the guy, is it a crime to further your career and to try and make the best out of life?

Well said, helped us win the holy grail and is a regular fan at ER.

Man earns living.

Big deal.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Just a thought, maybe if Hibs had kept their word and gave him the coaching role he was told about when he came back for his 3rd spell he wouldn't have ended up back at the Huns?

Coaching bairns at Rangers is no better or worse than scoring goals for Celtic but half this forum seem to spend their time on here rimming the hoop of Leigh Griffiths, is that purely because he's at Celtic and not Rangers cause I don't see any difference in the two?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    What do you mean by hibs stiffing him with Lennon?

Haha just read how that sounds,but my question still stands.
    See Sean's later post on this thread

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Just a thought, maybe if Hibs had kept their word and gave him the coaching role he was told about when he came back for his 3rd spell he wouldn't have ended up back at the Huns?

Coaching bairns at Rangers is no better or worse than scoring goals for Celtic but half this forum seem to spend their time on here rimming the hoop of Leigh Griffiths, is that purely because he's at Celtic and not Rangers cause I don't see any difference in the two?
    Maybe it's cos people like Griffiths more than they like KT?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Man earns living.

Big deal.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Maybe it's cos people like Griffiths more than they like KT?
    Is that cause it's seen as more acceptable to be playing for Celtic than Rangers?

Kevin Thomson played a role in us winning the Scottish Cup, the likes of Griffiths for instance didn't. I just think Thomson deserves a wee bit more respect, regardless of his current employers.

Mental how much some folk hold against someone the twisted words of a guy who was what 22 at the time? He's explained the situation numerous times. Everyone must be an angel on here!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Good luck to him with the new job.

I didn't like the way he went about getting his move to the huns at the time but as a player he served Hibs well, got us a good transfer fee when he moved on and is a genuine Hibby at heart.

There are many others who have engineered themselves a move to the old firm, often to the detriment of Hibs with regards transfer fees, Like Murray & Riordan who don't get half as much s**t as Thomson does about it.

Let bygones be bygones.

Is that cause it's seen as more acceptable to be playing for Celtic than Rangers?

Kevin Thomson played a role in us winning the Scottish Cup, the likes of Griffiths for instance didn't. I just think Thomson deserves a wee bit more respect, regardless of his current employers.

Mental how much some folk hold against someone the twisted words of a guy who was what 22 at the time? He's explained the situation numerous times. Everyone must be an angel on here!
    You cant really make a comparison between LG and KT since they have completely different histories with Hibs. I dont think liking one over another has anything to do with a Rangers or Celtic connection.

Gamer IDs

Nothing to do with Celtc or Rangers, for me anyway.

Nothing to do with who helped us win the Scottish either.

Everything to do with what he said, he can claim he didnae say it all he wants, I never saw him deny it at the time, which is as good as saying it. He was 22, so what? You couldn't have paid me to be a wee bitch about Hibs, if I'd been given his opportunities to play football for a living. I reckon most folk on here, Hibs fans, would never dream of saying what he said, or by standing by it by not denying it (until years later when it suited him).

I dinnae hate KT, much prefer LG though.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Nothing to do with Celtc or Rangers, for me anyway.

Nothing to do with who helped us win the Scottish either.

Everything to do with what he said, he can claim he didnae say it all he wants, I never saw him deny it at the time, which is as good as saying it. He was 22, so what? You couldn't have paid me to be a wee bitch about Hibs, if I'd been given his opportunities to play football for a living. I reckon most folk on here, Hibs fans, would never dream of saying what he said, or by standing by it by not denying it (until years later when it suited him).

I dinnae hate KT, much prefer LG though.
    When i was 22 and somebody was offering to make me a millionaire for playing football i would probably have bitched about Hibs and anybody else i needed to, to make it happen at the time.

Its easy to take the high ground when its a situation you've not been faced with.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    When i was 22 and somebody was offering to make me a millionaire for playing football i would probably have bitched about Hibs and anybody else i needed to, to make it happen at the time.
    Fair enough, that's your call, I know I wouldn't.

And, it wasn't needed, they'd have signed him regardless as he was a good player.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post

Its easy to take the high ground when its a situation you've not been faced with.

KT was clearly manipulated by his agent and the Daily Ranger to make the move happen - including quotes attributed to him that were designed to burn bridges with Hibs.

It was ugly at the time but life moves on. I don’t doubt his genuine affection for Hibs but he is also making a living from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    His goal line clearance at Tynie was a major point in bringing home the Scottish Cup and for that he will always be welcome at ER regardless of his fondness for that other club.
    My thought exactly

The "hatred" for Thommo most likely stems from the Daily Records "I'd walk over broken glass to play for Rangers" headline which Kevin puts straight in a video interview with Si Ferry. Can't mind the journalist (probably that prick Jackson) but it was made up. Been a while since I watched it but IIRC he also mentions that he was going to move to Celtic and Scott Brown was meant to be going to Rangers but there was a sudden change of events.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Sevco are are a club rotten to the core with bigotry. The vile, unadulterated sectarianism both they and their predecessor club and fans have gotten away over the years is shameful.

If KT wants to be part if that then that's up to him. It tells me he's learnt nothing since he was 22. If you are with them you are for them.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 10-01-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    The "hatred" for Thommo most likely stems from the Daily Records "I'd walk over broken glass to play for Rangers" headline which Kevin puts straight in a video interview with Si Ferry. Can't mind the journalist (probably that prick Jackson) but it was made up. Been a while since I watched it but IIRC he also mentions that he was going to move to Celtic and Scott Brown was meant to be going to Rangers but there was a sudden change of events.
    He also explains it during a q and a with I'm sure the St Pats branch. It's on YouTube.

Nothing to do with Rangers for me. It’s the fact that every time he’s in a Hibs dressing room there is trouble. Wonder why Hibs decided to withdraw that coaching offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Guy > Great Guy > **** > controversial guy > Good guy > Iconic guy

Mans got to make a living, so good luck to him!

Helped us win the Scottish Cup and had 3 spells at us, will always be a legend to me.

Everyone makes mistakes by the way, for all those who feel they can sit on their wee high horse....

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Nothing to do with Rangers for me. It’s the fact that every time he’s in a Hibs dressing room there is trouble. Wonder why Hibs decided to withdraw that coaching offer?

Absolute nonsense.

Stubbs promised him a coaching role, Stubbs left. Lennon came in and wanted his own people.

@hibs.net private member
    If any1 still has any ill feeling about something that happened over 10 years ago, which in all honesty didn’t effect them in the slightest, really needs to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Always trouble? The trouble at Hibs started after KT left when al players went to Petries door regarding Collins. Thomson wasn’t the one that handed in a transfer request let’s remind ourselves. Then along come Butcher and can you honestly say that KT was wrong regarding him? And then Stubbs, I cannot remember one bit of trouble caused, instead he went out of his way pre-cup final to help the younger boys.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Mans got to make a living, so good luck to him!

Helped us win the Scottish Cup and had 3 spells at us, will always be a legend to me.

Everyone makes mistakes by the way, for all those who feel they can sit on their wee high horse....
    My thoughts exactly well said sir!

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Really tiresome all these digs about Kevin Thomson

They guy made mistakes admitted them and the proved time and again by his actions on and off the field that he was a bona fide Hibs Supporter, even after Hibs allegedly stiffed him when Lennon came in.

For that very same reason he has no chance of a gig at Hibs at present and needs to develop his coaching career.

I would prefer he hadn't gone back to them but if that was the only offer on the table what was he supposed to do?

One thing he isn't is daft, he would have weighed up the pros and cons of his decision and decided that in order to progress his career it was a decision he had to take.

Kevin will always be welcome at ER as far as I am concerned, but I cannot wish him luck in his role with them.
    Sums it up for me. Wish it wasn't that loathsome mob but the guy has to earn a living just like everyone else. He's still a young guy and if he wants to develop himself as a coach and perhaps one day a manager he has to take all the experience he can. Whats he meant to do? Potentially set back some of his development and pass up the chance to gain some knowledge and experience just because of who the club are?