hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Thomson

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You clearly don’t know the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I fully admit I don’t know him; just my opinion based on interviews etc

But his worst crime is that he calls football ‘footy’ which should definitely be punishable by at least a swift kick in the Davina McCalls.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Not sure how this makes me a coward?
    You must enjoy coming on forums and typing out how much you don't like people you don't actually know, when you wouldn't dream of saying anything to them in real life....

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    You must enjoy coming on forums and typing out how much you don't like people you don't actually know, when you wouldn't dream of saying anything to them in real life....
    If we were only allowed to talk about people we didn’t know then the internet would be a very quiet place.

Probably a lot nicer as well, to be fair.
    PERSEVERE
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    As usual a few keyboard hardmen on here giving it plenty and I can guarantee they'd hide rather than say anything to his face.

He's a fine youth coach - my boy's been at two of his sessions recently. Top drawer, high impact, brilliant way with them all.

More than that he's one of us. A Hibee til he dies. And he had/has a wand of a left peg.
    Keyboard gangsters aye? That's the catchphrase of a fanny in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    He also didn’t make us £2m, play for free, or win a Scottish cup with us. Scott brown shat all over us that year and arguably played a huge part in our capitulation including losing to ****ing Dunfermline at Hampden, yet he’s still some sort of hero.
    Spot on Sam.

Hes made mistakes and he's man enough to admit that. A quality player who played a role in us winning the Scottish Cup and he's most definitely one of us. I'm pretty certain he'll be back at Hibs in a coaching capacity at some point and he'll be welcomed by most of us I'm sure.

Hes coaching kids at Rangers mind, the way some folk are going on you'd think he was playing centre forward.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    If we were only allowed to talk about people we didn’t know then the internet would be a very quiet place.

Probably a lot nicer as well, to be fair.

I think you've got your words wrong. You presumably mean ? :-

"If we were only allowed to talk about people we DO know then the internet would be a very quiet place" ?????

You are entitled to your opinion of course.........but you seem to be basing your dislike for this Hibs fan and holder of 3 fully paid for Season Tickets on nothing at all.

Quite sad actually.

Last edited by hibsboy69; 10-01-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Ridiculous some of the chat about KT,wish him all the best wherever his coaching takes him.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Ridiculous some of the chat about KT,wish him all the best wherever his coaching takes him.
    So, just to get this right; you wish him all the best coaching at Rangers.

Top stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    I think you've got your words wrong. You presumably mean ? :-

"If we were only allowed to talk about people we DO know then the internet would be a very quiet place" ?????
    You are entitled to your opinion of course.........but you seem to be basing your dislike for this Hibs fan and holder of 3 fully paid for Season Tickets on nothing at all.

Quite sad actually.

Aye sorry, that’s exactly what I meant.

I just think that he’s just come across as a bit of a fanny at times. I’m pretty sure he’s been called worse and I’m also sure he’s not going to lose any sleep about it. Also his twitter is pretty much a Hun love-in and has been for ages now which doesn’t help.

Anyway I’m done with all this now; I don’t particularly care strongly enough about Thomson to involve myself in this anymore.
    PERSEVERE
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    So, just to get this right; you wish him all the best coaching at Rangers.

Top stuff!
    So just to get this right you'd rather I take issue with the man just because he's coaching u13s at Rangers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    "Keyboard gangsters aye?"That's the catchphrase of a fanny in my opinion.

To avoid confusion,anyone who says "keyboard gangsters aye?"......

That's the catchphrase...etc.
    Last edited by jabis; 11-01-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Sums it up for me. Wish it wasn't that loathsome mob but the guy has to earn a living just like everyone else. He's still a young guy and if he wants to develop himself as a coach and perhaps one day a manager he has to take all the experience he can. Whats he meant to do? Potentially set back some of his development and pass up the chance to gain some knowledge and experience just because of who the club are?
    Millionare has to earn a livingthis is new

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    When are you all going to stop going on about this guy!

What more has he to do to prove to you he is a true Hibby?

The laddie made a mistake when he was young....... haven't we all?

He admitted to it and apologised and i for one was glad to see him back at Easter Road a second time round.

as far as i can recollect he rejoined us a third time to take up a proposed post with the development academy which the change of manager put an end to.

His new adventure in his coaching school will take time to settle in and its hard enough to earn a decent salary so why shouldnt he take on looking after their bairns?

Lets wish him luck to get on with his life and hope that he wont once again have made the wrong choice.

There are more things going on in the world just now that need to be righted what about the loyalty scheme????
    Aye, the loyalty scheme. high on the agenda just as me and Leann were talking about the other day

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Years later now I think Thomson has grown up and has long since realised his mistake - me? Well I was mightily pissed off at him at the time for apparently abusing his position as captain to engineer a move - but on reflection I'd quite possibly have come out with some even more stupid things than he did if I'd had to write a column in a pressure situation like that at the tender age of 22. And meanwhile his best pal Brown said nothing and took a route to the other arse cheek of Glasgow for even more money and came out smelling of roses!
    Had to write a column? Who forced him to do this? Was it that utter ******* and mafia boss Johnny The Sixpack?

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Really tiresome all these digs about Kevin Thomson

They guy made mistakes admitted them and the proved time and again by his actions on and off the field that he was a bona fide Hibs Supporter, even after Hibs allegedly stiffed him when Lennon came in.

For that very same reason he has no chance of a gig at Hibs at present and needs to develop his coaching career.

I would prefer he hadn't gone back to them but if that was the only offer on the table what was he supposed to do?

One thing he isn't is daft, he would have weighed up the pros and cons of his decision and decided that in order to progress his career it was a decision he had to take.

Kevin will always be welcome at ER as far as I am concerned, but I cannot wish him luck in his role with them.
    Summed up perfectly.

After causing huge unrest. I don’t have a problem with Scott either, btw, but too many people use a couple of words that KT said 12 years ago to beat him with yet totally forget what really happened that season.

Ps Scott Brown didn’t really have that many decent games the second half of that season, we were already in the final when he played funny buggers with his transfer request and games behind the scenes.
    Brown had withdrawn his transfer request prior to the semi v St.Johnstone and had a great game that night, setting up the 3rd goal for Benji after carrying the ball from one end of the park to the other. He played his part in a fantastic cup final performance. The players' mutiny was wrong, but Brown wasn't the only one involved in that. He scored v Celtic in his last game when we beat them 2-1, and we received £4.4 million (I think) from his transfer. I like Thomson and would defend him, but don't see the need to have a dash at Brown in order to do so.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Brown had withdrawn his transfer request prior to the semi v St.Johnstone and had a great game that night, setting up the 3rd goal for Benji after carrying the ball from one end of the park to the other. He played his part in a fantastic cup final performance. The players' mutiny was wrong, but Brown wasn't the only one involved in that. He scored v Celtic in his last game when we beat them 2-1, and we received £4.4 million (I think) from his transfer. I like Thomson and would defend him, but don't see the need to have a dash at Brown in order to do so.
    What difference does that make?

Coward

most people think Joey Barton is a Fanny without knowing him, does that make them cowards too?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    What difference does that make?
    It matters because the poster I replied to said "we were already in the final when he played funny buggers with his transfer request..."

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    It matters because the poster I replied to said "we were already in the final when he played funny buggers with his transfer request..."
    It's like tellling the wife that her backside's getting big. Even if you take it back the next day, the damage is still done.

In any case, a transfer request has no contractual value in any case, so serves no purpose other than public posturing.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Millionare has to earn a livingthis is new
    You think he is a millionaire? If he is he must be nuts to be taking on a minor 5 fig salary at Rangers.

After causing huge unrest. I don’t have a problem with Scott either, btw, but too many people use a couple of words that KT said 12 years ago to beat him with yet totally forget what really happened that season.

Ps Scott Brown didn’t really have that many decent games the second half of that season, we were already in the final when he played funny buggers with his transfer request and games behind the scenes.
    I remember exactly what happened that season, which is why I don't hold KT in very high esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    most people think Joey Barton is a Fanny without knowing him, does that make them cowards too?
    Just go along to the West stand most home games and have a chat with Kevin. He's taken on a wee job with some u13 boys....some people really need counselling.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post

To avoid confusion,anyone who says "keyboard gangsters aye?"......

That's the catchphrase...etc.
    Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It's like tellling the wife that her backside's getting big. Even if you take it back the next day, the damage is still done.

In any case, a transfer request has no contractual value in any case, so serves no purpose other than public posturing.
    I'd suggest if you're daft/ brave/ drunk enough to tell the wife her backside is getting big then you should be prepared for the consequences which are likely to be severe and long term. I laughed at your analogy but cannae really agree with it!

I was merely pointing out to the poster that he was incorrect. At any rate, we are talking about two players who played big parts in helping us win major trophies. None of us have enjoyed so many of those occasions that we can take that fact for granted and so both Brown & Thomson deserve respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    When are you all going to stop going on about this guy!

What more has he to do to prove to you he is a true Hibby?

The laddie made a mistake when he was young....... haven't we all?

He admitted to it and apologised and i for one was glad to see him back at Easter Road a second time round.

as far as i can recollect he rejoined us a third time to take up a proposed post with the development academy which the change of manager put an end to.

His new adventure in his coaching school will take time to settle in and its hard enough to earn a decent salary so why shouldnt he take on looking after their bairns?

Lets wish him luck to get on with his life and hope that he wont once again have made the wrong choice.

There are more things going on in the world just now that need to be righted what about the loyalty scheme????

Totally agree

He’s taken on a part time job with some no mark clubs under 13s. Has zero impact on his love of Hibs or Hibs as a club for that matter. With regards to the comparisons between him and LG well 1 was actually a Hibs player, scored us £2m in transfer fees, played for free, played a fairly big part in getting us to the cup final in 2016 and left on a high. The other is Leigh Griffiths and yet he gets applauded every time we play Celtic. Don’t get me wrong he was incredible for a season and a half at Hibs but let’s not forget he was NEVER a Hibs player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Just go along to the West stand most home games and have a chat with Kevin. He's taken on a wee job with some u13 boys....some people really need counselling.

Councelling cause people don't agree that Kevin Thomson is the best hibs fan ever cause he puts his OWN money into buying season tickets!!? What a guy! Let's just forget he'd walk bare foot to Glasgow across the m8. And he can deny the comments now all he wants but he could've came out at the time and said "I didn't say that, I'm happy to be at Rangers but I'm sad to leave hibs" but heard silence.

My opinion at the time, as it is now RE him leaving. As Hibernian FC captain, and Hibernian fan, you don’t leave the club mid-way through aseason unless you are pushed out. A lot went on behind the scenes, things someof us (myself included) have no idea about so it may be that he jumped beforehe was pushed.

At the time I hated him for it and in a way am stilldisappointed he made the decision he did. The team we had that year, could havegone on and done a double – became even bigger legends than they are to us now.

This is in no way a dig at KT or attributed solely to himand it was happening before with the likes of Caldwell etc leaving us but itwas the start of a dark spell on the park for us where we went through a highnumber of players/managers, many of which had no affiliation, connection orreal desire to be at Hibs. Which ultimately led to the cup final of 2012 and the relegation only 2 years later.

Any resentment I had towards him has well and truly gone. Hemade the decisions he did, had a successful career (could have been better barring injuries) returned to us and served us well, played for free, made agoal line clearance in the last minute after THAT fightback at tynecastle andattends ER like the rest of us as a paying fan.

I wish him all the very best in his coaching career – who hecoaches for is of no relevance to me, if its not with Hibs. Seems as though he’sworking very hard with his academy and hasn’t just walked in to a position inthe same way many ex pros do so I respect that!
    Last edited by GreenNWhiteArmy; 11-01-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    So just to get this right you'd rather I take issue with the man just because he's coaching u13s at Rangers.

Can I put you down for a half and half scarf when we play his testimonial against the Teddy Berz?