hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

All joking aside its poor form from Hibs.
    Would also suggest that someone from the club is telling porkies.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

How about the concept of taking turns, giving someone else a chance, thinking of how fortunate you’ve been to never miss one compared to those that can never get one?
    I'm neither an away season ticket holder or someone who goes to every game...so I would not be in tier 1 for any loyalty scheme...

In absence of a loyalty scheme, I'm all for a ballot...make it more random. But I do doff my cap to those who go to every game, and feel they earn the right for priority for match tickets..just my view.

a couple of points on your different view - there should be no reason under current arrangements that anyone who wants a ticket "can never get one"..there's about 6 games a season where demand outstrips supply..

and in your scenario would you see it right that someone who fancies going to an away game for the first time, has the same likelihood, for an up and coming high demand game, as someone who goes every week? I can't see the fairness in that.
    Last edited by bigwheel; 10-01-2018 at 05:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Would also suggest that someone from the club is telling porkies.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    We often hear that it’s important for the club to try and get more fans.

Anyone ‘new’ to supporting Hibs would have zero chance of ever getting to Ibrox, Parkhead or Tynie.

Similarly a kid growing up now that becomes a teenager will also have zero chance if we go on the basis that folk that have been going to every away game always deserve first dibs.

I just don’t agree with the argument that “I’ve not missed a game in years therefore I should always get a ticket”.

How about the concept of taking turns, giving someone else a chance, thinking of how fortunate you’ve been to never miss one compared to those that can never get one?

I’m not ‘at it’ or on the wind up here. It’s just a different point of view.

It’s funny how folk think the only fair way is the way that ensures they get a ticket.

If you’ve not missed a game in years can you really not see why folk that have never been might feel a bit aggrieved? Or do you just not care?!!
    Your points would lapse every so many years (say for arguments sake 4 years). You wouldn't get points for category A games. Therefore if you spent 4 years going home and away to all games other than the ones you couldn't get a ticket for, you'd then put yourself into the points threshold for the category A games alongside everyone else.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    and in your scenario would you see it right that someone who fancies going to an away game for the first time, has the same likelihood, for an up and coming high demand game, as someone who goes every week? I can't see the fairness in that.
    I agree with you. I’m not saying my other point of view is right, I’m just saying that there are different points of view. Nothing else

The advice not to log on before 12 as system gets upgrade at 12, turned out to be rubbish as I'm sure most were expecting!

I ended up getting in on two devices, both of which had been in "queue" since before 12.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    The excuse that they create an atmosphere is nonsense. The Roseburn on derby day takes care of itself. And to suggest they create a great atmosphere at all away games is also stretching it. There's been a few recently when i'm not even sure they've been there collectively.

That's not to say I don't think they're a good addition and more power to them, but giving them tickets for tynie is also nonsense.
    This is where I'm at with this. I've missed the last 4 trips to Tynecastle even though I've had 4 devices all attempting to get on and my brothers have been doing the same. Yet these guys are guaranteed a ticket because of what can only be described as being seen by the club as it being more important that they're there than any other fans? I've had a season ticket for longer than I care to remember, longer than the majority of the singing section will have (that's not a dig at them btw) so why are they looked upon as being more important than me or anyone else that doesn't sit in the top corner of the FF?

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with you. I’m not saying my other point of view is right, I’m just saying that there are different points of view. Nothing else

it's interesting to look at things from different perspectives...I think we have to go loyalty or ballot...one way or the other...

Actually, Spurs were a club I went to see when I lived in London for a number years... they asked for applications for away games...and once they assessed the demand - they would work out what number of points could be fulfilled from the demand , and the announce it, and everyone who applied above that number were successful...it always seemed to work fine.

The one new point which was raised in the recent fans rep podcast, was Leeann's view that as are only a few away games which have demand that exceeds supply, then there is little need for a loyalty scheme. That isn't something I had really considered before. And I can see some logic in that. We really are only debating the process for a handful of games a season. In the scheme of things , a ballot for those would likely be fair and fine..

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    They don't attend every game, nowhere near it!

Because we need 30 singers at Tynecaste to create a special atmosphere right enough.
    I ended up behind them at the league cup semi at Hampden and moved at half time because they were quite annoying. Some of them were more interested in each other and sticking ***** up their nose and drinking smuggled bevvie than the game.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Can we at the very least get rid of this section selection or have a "give me X number I tickets anywhere" button.

Or even better still a seat map like we have for Easter Road/cinema/flights/concerts/just about every other thing that involves choosing a seat.

It's the hope that kills you.

We often hear that it’s important for the club to try and get more fans.

Anyone ‘new’ to supporting Hibs would have zero chance of ever getting to Ibrox, Parkhead or Tynie.

Similarly a kid growing up now that becomes a teenager will also have zero chance if we go on the basis that folk that have been going to every away game always deserve first dibs.

I just don’t agree with the argument that “I’ve not missed a game in years therefore I should always get a ticket”.

I’m not ‘at it’ or on the wind up here. It’s just a different point of view.

It’s funny how folk think the only fair way is the way that ensures they get a ticket.

If you’ve not missed a game in years can you really not see why folk that have never been might feel a bit aggrieved? Or do you just not care?!!

Turn that around and those that never go, get one ahead of those that go every week, can you not see how those might feel aggrieved?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I ended up behind them at the league cup semi at Hampden and moved at half time because they were quite annoying. Some of them were more interested in each other and sticking ***** up their nose and drinking smuggled bevvie than the game.
    Surely we're not using all of this as a reason to have a dig at the singing section?

Were you anywhere near that display they produced for the ER Derby?

Good luck to them. It's the club that aren't handling this well, not the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Can we at the very least get rid of this section selection or have a "give me X number I tickets anywhere" button.

Or even better still a seat map like we have for Easter Road/cinema/flights/concerts/just about every other thing that involves choosing a seat.

Aye, total mess that adds to the notion that you need an incredible amount of luck to get the one ticket left in a section that might just have been chucked from someone's basket.

Have specific sections, and a best available button. Simple surely?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

Turn that around and those that never go, get one ahead of those that go every week, can you not see how those might feel aggrieved?
    I started going with my dad in the 60s sadly he's no longer with us but I now attend with my son and as much as possible my grandson. That's 4 generations of watching some eye bleeding stuff under Bertie Auld, Alex Miler etc but now we have an improved team I am to step aside and give others a chance, you couldn't make it up

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

Agree with this. At the very least the club could get this sorted. I've been lucky with every ticket scramble and most of the time I have no idea what section, upper or lower I have bought as it is about getting a ticket. I'd press a "who cares where I sit button" if I was more likely to get a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    The advice not to log on before 12 as system gets upgrade at 12, turned out to be rubbish as I'm sure most were expecting!

I ended up getting in on two devices, both of which had been in "queue" since before 12.
    Hibs have zero idea how the system actually works.

Has there been any confirmation that the singing section were given tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post

Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I started going with my dad in the 60s sadly he's no longer with us but I now attend with my son and as much as possible my grandson. That's 4 generations of watching some eye bleeding stuff under Bertie Auld, Alex Miler etc but now we have an improved team I am to step aside and give others a chance, you couldn't make it up
    It's brutal mate.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Tracey actually gave a couple of insights on Facebook and the pod cast. She said it was 12 servers I think and akin to the queues at a supermarket. If you were unlucky you join the long queue with everyone buying maximum amount of tickets. If lucky you waltz straight up to the checkout. Ridiculously unfair but I think the club knows how it works and either won't pay for better or simply doesn't see the unfairness and wasting of fans time as an issue.

Has there been any confirmation that the singing section were given tickets?

Fans rep confirmed it to a poster on here.

Never missed a game at Tiny in decades (despite traveling up from London). Can even remember when we often had spare seats in our end. Now I’ll have missed last two but I guess that’s what happens when there’s such an increased interest in watching Hibs. To be honest, I can’t see how the current system is a shambles other than it’s just very frustrating that many of us were not the lucky ones to get tickets.

Re the singing section -.i certainly don’t begrudge them a grouping of tickets so long as it’s their regulars who get them.

So all the best to the Hibees who got tickets. I’m sure knowing just how sought after these tickets are will heighten the atmosphere in the Hibs end and it’ll be rocking for the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Never missed a game at Tiny in decades (despite traveling up from London). Can even remember when we often had spare seats in our end. Now I’ll have missed last two but I guess that’s what happens when there’s such an increased interest in watching Hibs. To be honest, I can’t see how the current system is a shambles other than it’s just very frustrating that many of us were not the lucky ones to get tickets.

Re the singing section -.i certainly don’t begrudge them a grouping of tickets so long as it’s their regulars who get them.

So all the best to the Hibees who got tickets. I’m sure knowing just how sought after these tickets are will heighten the atmosphere in the Hibs end and it’ll be rocking for the entire game.

What about the other "regulars" who are not in the singing section who didn't get tickets but Mr JC Lately did?

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Tracey actually gave a couple of insights on Facebook and the pod cast. She said it was 12 servers I think and akin to the queues at a supermarket. If you were unlucky you join the long queue with everyone buying maximum amount of tickets. If lucky you waltz straight up to the checkout. Ridiculously unfair but I think the club knows how it works and either won't pay for better or simply doesn't see the unfairness and wasting of fans time as an issue.
    But You wouldn’t join the longest Q at the Supermarket! (Not aimed at you, mate).

I didn't get a ticket this time around. This was mainly due to me being at work and not having the time to sit online waiting, with fingers crossed, that I would get the option of buying myself a ticket or two. My brother who is also a season ticket holder would have joined me. Saying that I'll be looking for a spare ticket if one becomes available. I have the cash and a valid singing certificate.

If it turns out that I have to go to the pub and watch the game then so be it. Couldn't really care who got a ticket so long as we beat the hoofers. Well done to anyone who got a ticket.

She has been told nonsense. Ticketmaster have 1000s of load balanced blade servers... now Hibs may only pay for 12 and that may be the problem.

Fans rep confirmed it to a poster on here.
    Well for me that is more of a disgrace than the ticket lottery we currently have.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    But You wouldn’t join the longest Q at the Supermarket! (Not aimed at you, mate).
    That is what makes it so unfair. I realise if everyone goes in at noon them lots will miss out but it seems utterly ridiculous that you can log in 30 minutes after someone else or even yourself and get in first. That makes no sense and increases the anger fans will already feel from missing out.

I wish the club would just come out and tell us why they continue to use Ticketmaster despite how poor it is. I can completely understand if they have went for a budget option as it saves the club money and after all the board treat all season ticket holders as having an equal chance so who cares if the last in the queue gets a ticket. I wouldn't agree but at least it would make some sense.

I am very passionate about a loyalty scheme but have only been to about 4 away games this year so may have missed out. Leeann has dug her heels in which is her right but she should try to engage with fans to at least try and get us something better than we have.

@hibs.net private member
    Well for me that is more of a disgrace than the ticket lottery we currently have.
    I have no issue with the singing section getting 30 tickets together if they are all AST holders. If they aren't I agree that it is a complete disgrace and requires an explanation. No issue with the singing section but they are just fans like the rest of us.

That is what makes it so unfair. I realise if everyone goes in at noon them lots will miss out but it seems utterly ridiculous that you can log in 30 minutes after someone else or even yourself and get in first. That makes no sense and increases the anger fans will already feel from missing out.

I wish the club would just come out and tell us why they continue to use Ticketmaster despite how poor it is. I can completely understand if they have went for a budget option as it saves the club money and after all the board treat all season ticket holders as having an equal chance so who cares if the last in the queue gets a ticket. I wouldn't agree but at least it would make some sense.

I am very passionate about a loyalty scheme but have only been to about 4 away games this year so may have missed out. Leeann has dug her heels in which is her right but she should try to engage with fans to at least try and get us something better than we have.
    This is what annoys me about the situation...LD just refuses to even discuss alternatives with the fans. No statement/comments about the continued problems with tixketmaster. I appreciate we are never going to please everyone for derbies when we only get circa 3k to go around 13k st holders but there must be a better system surely??

Ps I can't go on 21st due to work (which happens occasionally hence why I can't buy an away ST) so have no personal issues this time at missing out but our system for high profile/demand games needs fixing and the continuing silence from LD is doing us no favours.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk