hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: De Graaf

I was at an age when I actually believed the hype around certain signings....and there was such alot of hype around De Graaf. He really was just a bit shockingly bad

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough MoscowHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look at the nick of Tony Jacklins wife.
    Aye, she is a bit of a woof woof, but then again, I dinnae suppose I wid be jumping ower her tae get to yer goodself

Quote Originally Posted by MoscowHibs View Post
    Aye, she is a bit of a woof woof, but then again, I dinnae suppose I wid be jumping ower her tae get to yer goodself
    I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by random sub View Post
    I was at an age when I actually believed the hype around certain signings....and there was such alot of hype around De Graaf. He really was just a bit shockingly bad
    He generated a lot of interest.

I am sure when De Graaf signed Hughes said he was a dynamic box to box midfielder. When in reality milk turned quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Subtlety is the key
    To be fair you might just have “gotten away with it if it wasn’t for those pesky kids” wading in with their follow ups :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

....SHARE THE VISION RODNEY....

Quote Originally Posted by MoscowHibs View Post
    Is that the ghost of Leslie Phillips?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

....SHARE THE VISION RODNEY....

I still maintain if he’d scored against the hun at ER in the first league match things would have turned out so differently for him. That miss seemed to drain all the confidence from him and the poor guy never recovered. I find it quite sad that he’s become a figure of fun for some.

I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    He never really recovered from the sitter he managed to miss against Rangers.

Scary to think he signed 7 and a half years ago!
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

First Team Regular ChrissyG1875's Avatar
    I remember a week or so before he signed there was a ITK thread saying we were signing a Dutch Sauzée. Probably didn't help with managing people's expectations

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I sat next to him Edinburgh to Dam flight he was delighted to be at Hibs but was limping and hadnt long signed. All my dutch collegues said he was done at 30 and injury prone would be a bad signing they were right. A poor scout based on previous ability. Funny he wanted to take up golf but was gone within 6 months. He done nothing once back Holland straight to lower level

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    First saw him play in a friendly at Carlisle. We lost 1-0, it was cold and miserable and his performance was unnoteworthy. He didn’t get any better.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

I have vague recollections of him being a decent player for us on FM11, which proves how reliable that game is when assessing a player's ability.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Has to be one of the biggest let downs when it comes to marquee signings. He was described as a box to box midfielder. But could barely run the length of himself. Has to be one of worst players at our club in the last 20 years
    Jings that’s a bit harsh, we’ve endured some utter dross over the years - De Graff was poor but nowhere near as bad as some of the numpties (though to be fair most of those were not paraded as marque signings).