hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Monday Night Fitba - Pat Fenlon interview

Hi folks,

This Monday live on the show (barring any technical issues) we’ll be joined live on the phone with Pat for an in-depth chat about his time at the club.

Any questions or any topics you’d like us to discuss drop them in here and we’ll do our best to get them asked/answered.

Cheers,
    Craig

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMNFitba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi folks,

This Monday live on the show (barring any technical issues) we’ll be joined live on the phone with Pat for an in-depth chat about his time at the club.

Any questions or any topics you’d like us to discuss drop them in here and we’ll do our best to get them asked/answered.

Cheers,
    Craig
    What is his analysis of the abysmal performance in the most shameful game any Hibby ever witnessed...I refer of course to the 5-1 debacle?

Looking forward to this one- should be interesting.

On a more positive note, I would like to ask about his favourite memories from his only full season with the club (the relatively successful 2012-13 season)

@hibs.net private member
    what did happen the night before that cup final ...

and

does he think His would have been relegated if he had stated on until the end of the season - and why didn't he?

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Does he think Craig Thomson is an appalling ref whose incompetence only helps one side or a cheat?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    A good guy and a good manager who was too nice to take the club by the scruff of the neck and sort out the shambolic scouting system.

Good bloke who was very respectful of the club.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    A good guy and a good manager who was too nice to take the club by the scruff of the neck and sort out the shambolic scouting system.

I thought so too.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    what did happen the night before that cup final ...

and

does he think His would have been relegated if he had stated on until the end of the season - and why didn't he?
    Would never have been close to relegation and we also would not have been relegated in the late 90s if Alex Miller had stayed on
    However we were crying out for a change and both times were horrendously managed from the board

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Yep. Entirely honourable and despite what I read above, was the victim of meeting the poppy thieves at the very top of their financial doping, and the perfect storm of a referee who looked unusually favourably on them on the day.

We'll never know how Pat's average looking side would have done but for these factors but we'd a good indication along the way to the final. I enjoyed every game.

We've moved on and up since, look at the stigma that's stuck to the thieves since.

Fenlon was a good manager at a bad time. He'd have kept us up no bother but I am not sure we'd have seen the Renaissance we have since relegation.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Let's not forget he had us beating Celtic and top of the SPL at one point. If he'd been able to turn the slump around and also replace LG's goals then we'd have seen him as a very good manager indeed.

Before LD came in so much of the club - scouting, youth development was a shambles and Pat was unfortunate in that respect.

Re: the phone in interview, I know he came across to spend 21st May 2016 with the fans. Would love to hear his experiences and memories of the day.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Despite the 2012 final and the Malmo disaster, I struggle to view Pat in too much of a bad light. I'm glad that he still views the club in a positive manner.

For the phone in - did he enjoy working with Sparky? Were we ever close to signing him permanently?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMNFitba View Post
    Hi folks,

Cheers,
    Craig
    A quirky one for him. Did he receive a copy of Sun Tsu's book 'The Art of War', which I sent him through the post a week before the Scottish Cup Final along with a letter urging him on to victory?

Im kind of hoping he didn't read it, on the basis that maybe he followed some passages from it that contributed in a small way towards our humbling defeat

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Despite the 2012 final and the Malmo disaster, I struggle to view Pat in too much of a bad light. I'm glad that he still views the club in a positive manner.

For the phone in - did he enjoy working with Sparky? Were we ever close to signing him permanently?
    And did Leigh ever stick the nut on him, as alleged????

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    On reflection would you still not have played Wotherspoon in the finals?

Do you think there was too much of an over reliance on Sparky - should responsibility have been taken across the team?

Did Sparky’s Genius make it tricky for team cohesion ?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Was the low key approach for the biggest Edinburgh final - taking the team away - the right call?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

What was the thinking in signing vine, kujabi, Tudor Jones and Nelson among others?

Can’t recall but reckoned he kept his family back home.
    I think the impact of this is underestimated esp when things on the park are tough how did he manage that?

Just what did he say at halftime in the Falkirk semi?

Respect to Pat for the way he conducted himself when he knew time was up and his respect since leaving - could easily have a hell mend you stance. I really hoped it was going to work for him - would be interesting to see how he’d have faired under LDs stewardship.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Does playing with 2 holding midfielders in front of a back 4 not just equate to starting every game as if you’ve already had a man sent off?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    He told Leigh he wisnae getting his leg over that night if he didn't score.......

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Does playing with 2 holding midfielders in front of a back 4 not just equate to starting every game as if you’ve already had a man sent off?
    That's one of the most common formations in football can't really bash him for that.

Favourite muppet? (Should be a standard interview question to settle the guest into the show ;))

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Why did he prefer Kujabi over Lewis

Eh no, as you demonstrably still have 11 men on the park.

I'd like to know what went so horribly wrong for the Malmö at home game. I mean, yes they had better players and were further into their season, which might explain a defeat but not THAT defeat.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Help?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Eh no, as you demonstrably still have 11 men on the park.

I'd like to know what went so horribly wrong for the Malmö at home game. I mean, yes they had better players and were further into their season, which might explain a defeat but not THAT defeat.
    Mebbe 2 X midfielders who want to sit back on to of your back 4 inviting the oppo onto you to attack & score as many as they wish? 2 X def mids in front of a back 4? Really?

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    How close were we to signing Claros and Griffiths permanently?

What was his take on the Gary Deegan incident and it's effects on his hibs career?

His opinion on the standard of officiating especially Griffiths ghost goal and Dundee utd pen at tannadice that was a foot outside the box.

Can he go in-depth about the pre cup final bonus row?

Why does he think it went so wrong for Alex Harris at Hibs after such a promising start?

What was his transfer policy in general at Hibs?

First Team Regular
    Can you thank him for that hand gesture please!

Mebbe 2 X midfielders who want to sit back on to of your back 4 inviting the oppo onto you to attack & score as many as they wish? 2 X def mids in front of a back 4? Really?
    Played by many teams across the world to this day.