hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Fan Rep Interview - Rangers Statement & Loyalty Points

Our Interview with Hibs Official fan reps Tracey Smith and Frank Dougan is here! In Part 1 of 2 we discuss The Rangers Statement, Loyalty Points, and what the role involves. iTunes link to follow

https://soundcloud.com/hibstalk/fanreps1

A massive thank you to everyone on .net for their questions. All were written done and we covered as many of the topics as we could in 2 and a half hours.
    Last edited by HibsTalk; 09-01-2018 at 06:25 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Link not working

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Not working if I cut and paste on iPhone / safari
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    https://m.soundcloud.com/hibstalk/fanreps1 fixed the problem which was a typo :)
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 09-01-2018 at 07:00 PM.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Transcript/timestamps would be ideal if possible.

iTunes link

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/hibs-talk/id1236445811?mt=2

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    For us dinasour any chance of a android link

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I found it worked best following link from Hibs podcast’s Twitter on Android :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    I'd recommend going to the google play store if soundcloud isn't your bag and getting the Podcast Republic app and subscribing to us on there. Hope this helps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.app&hl=en_GB

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Well done for doing this, but I got 20 mins in and gave up. The two fans reps are nothing of the kind. Giving reasons for making decisions isn’t what I’m looking for. Their role is to represent fans, not to do what’s best for the club, either financially or politically. We already have a board for that.
    I really fail to understand the point of a fans rep. They’re not board members elected by fans, they’re fans elected by other fans to voice our opinion to the board.
    What a complete waste of time.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Well done for doing this, but I got 20 mins in and gave up. The two fans reps are nothing of the kind. Giving reasons for making decisions isn’t what I’m looking for. Their role is to represent fans, not to do what’s best for the club, either financially or politically. We already have a board for that.
    I really fail to understand the point of a fans rep. They’re not board members elected by fans, they’re fans elected by other fans to voice our opinion to the board.
    Exactly the question I asked. Time it stopped.

These are two individuals who dont understand the complexity of the matters they are asked to dealand are rather out of their depth and comfort zone.

They have no idea of what their role is
    which is meant to represent the fan viewpoint not their own personal viewpoint nor blindly parrot the views of the board.

I actually giggled on occasion especially when Frank seemed to bang his fist on the desk.

I switched off before the end but after hearing Tracey say at the AGM she "speaks to Frank every day at the stadium cos naebody else speaks to me" then I wasn't expecting much.

This pair have sent fan representation back to the dark ages as they are everything fan reps should not be.

Credit to the guys who set this up though as they were fair questions well presented and edited.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 09-01-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    These are two rather thick individuals totally and utterly out of their depth and comfort zone.

which is meant to represent the fan viewpoint not their own personal viewpoint nor blindly parrot the views of the board.

I actually giggled on occasion especially when Frank seemed to bang his fist on the desk.

I switched off before the end but after hearing Tracey say at the AGM she "speaks to Frank every day at the stadium cos naebody else speaks to me" then I wasn't expecting much.

This pair have sent fan representation back to the dark ages as they are everything fan reps should not be.

Credit to the guys who set this up though as they were fair questions well presented and edited.
    Thick, really??
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

These are two rather thick individuals totally and utterly out of their depth and comfort zone.

A shocking post, no need for that sort of personal abuse at all.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I've not heard the podcast yet. I think you are being unfair to these individuals who have given up many hours of their own time to help our club and fellow fans. My understanding of their role is they are board members first. The benefit they both bring to our club is a grass roots opinion. Even if the majority fan view is in a particular direction they have a legal duty as a board member to act in the best interests of the club. Im happy with that and their youtube pledges to sit with the fans and not the board at ER.

Take the first line away I think you'll have the consensus.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    A shocking post, no need for that sort of personal abuse at all.
    Agreed, dreadful. Fancy taking the time to write something like that out on an Internet forum. Sad.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Painful listening.

The club have to put an end to this fans rep nonsense asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Take the first line away I think you'll have the consensus.
    Thats the point the position doesnt have a remit. An understanding of what the position aspires to. These folks are without doubt good people but dont understand/have guidance as to what a fans rep should be. It doesnt help they dont have supporters turning up in any numbers to comms meetings to understand the thoughts of the larger support. The position as it is, however, is redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Agreed, dreadful. Fancy taking the time to write something like that out on an Internet forum. Sad.
    Aside from the thick comment the rest is spot on. Embarrassing listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Eesti View Post
    Thats the point the position doesnt have a remit. An understanding of what the position aspires to. These folks are without doubt good people but dont understand/have guidance as to what a fans rep should be. It doesnt help they dont have supporters turning up in any numbers to comms meetings to understand the thoughts of the larger support. The position as it is, however, is redundant.
    I know. Look at the questions. I asked why they are bothering. I think our board like having them there.

Time they were gone. Then we can get back to everyone telling the Chairman of the Hibernian Supporters Association to shut it. I always preferred that.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

I think it’s unfair to call them thick, but I agree with the rest of your post.

United we stand here....

There is no fan viewpoint as a quick glance at any of the threads on here show.There are far too many individuals who confuse their viewpoint on a subject as”the fans viewpoint”.The idea should be scrapped .Any fan who feels strongly about something can raise it with the club.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    There is no fan viewpoint as a quick glance at any of the threads on here show.There are far too many individuals who confuse their viewpoint on a subject as”the fans viewpoint”.The idea should be scrapped .Any fan who feels strongly about something can raise it with the club.
    Agreed. Until there can be a real way to gauge fans view and put together a proper remit with a real vote.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Both fans reps certainly appear to toe the party line. They should be a constant thorn in the boards side asking questions and demanding answers on behalf of the fans.

Brief but excellent post AH,thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    Brief but excellent post AH,thank you
    Please write your testimony on a twenty pound note.Thank you

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Listened to most of it and I agree with you. They are between a rock and a hard place because of the breadth of opinion across the support but it feels like fans who are simply members of the board who then get the flak for explaining the boards position to the fans on a particular issue.

The experiment was worth a shot but I don't see the benefit.

I'd have no problem if the club board simply wanted to appoint a fan as a bona fide board member but the rep role seems to be nearing an end for me.

Reading through this, it's disappointing that anyone would want to personalise criticism of people who plainly have Hibs interests at heart.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 09-01-2018 at 10:26 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    This, 100percent. There are probably 30-50,000 people out there who can fairly call themselves Hibs fans, and at least the same again who have an interest in the Club's doings. The idea that their can be any one unified "fan's viewpoint" on any topic is almost laughable.

I've got no problem with either of the reps, but I think they've got a totally thankless task.

FWIW I think there probably should be a 'fans rep' of some sort on the board, but that persons job should be solely to act as a point of contact between the ordinary fan and the club's management - frequently on here there'll be a thread with someone asking for LD's contact details so they can raise some point or other, I always think that direct 1 to 1 interaction with the fans isn't really what LD should be doing with her time, that for me is what a fan's rep should be for. Just a point of contact, not someone who is meant ot campaign on fans behalf or be some sort of allknowing guru on the wider fanbase's opinions on everything.

IMO - a ***** position for both reps to be put in. I feel for them.

Gonnae someone stick a pillow under Frank's paw next time there's an interview though :)