hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Dustin Johnson

  1. #1

    Dustin Johnson



  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,946
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a different animal, it just shouldn't be allowed.


  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a different animal, it just shouldn't be allowed.



    Maybe the rules should be changed exclusively for Dustin. From now on he's only allowed to tee off with a 9 iron .

    To leave a tap in from some 430 yards is an unbelievable shot even if it did include a couple of fortunate bounces off the light rough slopes. What a hit from the DJ.
    Last edited by lgnsh70; 08-01-2018 at 04:56 PM.

  5. #4
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,755
    Did you hear what he had to say about it?

    "I missed it a little - hit it a little thin, came up a little short".

    I assume he was joking?



    DJ will take a bit of beating this year. He was really unlucky to lose his momentum with that injury before the Masters. He looks rested, fit, focussed, hungry and dangerous.

    There are a lot of good players around right now, but none of them are as good as DJ when he's on his game.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you hear what he had to say about it?

    "I missed it a little - hit it a little thin, came up a little short".

    I assume he was joking?



    DJ will take a bit of beating this year. He was really unlucky to lose his momentum with that injury before the Masters. He looks rested, fit, focussed, hungry and dangerous.

    There are a lot of good players around right now, but none of them are as good as DJ when he's on his game.


    When DJ's on fire there's few who can compete with him. The biggest challenge for him is consistency as he can sometimes coast along without getting into top gear. If staying rested, fit and focused this year as you say then he's bound to be competing at the top end of leaderboards for the majors this year. I'm really looking forward to this year's golf tours and the majors.

  7. #6
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,127
    Should be a cracking year. There are so many top contenders.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,946
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should be a cracking year. There are so many top contenders.
    Not sure what to make of that remark! 😁

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should be a cracking year. There are so many top contenders.
    Agreed.

    There's any number of hungry young extremely talented golfers emerging consistently competing at the top end of tour leader-boards who will go on in the years ahead to challenge for majors. The Masters simply cannot come quick enough for me. Justin Thomas in particular looks a likely contender however its always a very difficult task to call the winner. Golf is flourishing just now with the amount of new generation potentially world class talent coming through.

    Mon the Cabbage!!!
    Last edited by lgnsh70; 28-01-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved