hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs Game Advice

My son (12yo) is keen to go to a Hibs match so I’m planning taking him up to Edinburgh for the Partick game at the Easter weekend.

It’s been about 20years since I’ve been at Easter Road so the ground has changed a bit. I wondered which is the best part of the ground for atmosphere (taking account of his age and the fact his experience of football to date has been in the rather more restrained environment of White Hart Lane.

Also is the game time subject to change for TV as I need to travel tickets and when do the match tickets usually go on public sale?

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Log in to remove the advert

In terms of atmosphere, you're best going to the east stand. It tends to be where the most colourful characters are housed so if you want to protect him from bad language I would take him to the slightly more calm areas of the Famous Five or west stands.

The tickets should be available to buy soon. The game is almost certainly not going to be changed for TV.

Hope that helps!

Don’t expect a terrific atmosphere at this game bruv but your best bet is up with the singing section. There’ll be the drum and some flag waving!

Shame you couldn’t bring him up on 10th March for game v the jambos.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t expect a terrific atmosphere at this game bruv but your best bet is up with the singing section. There’ll be the drum and some flag waving!

Shame you couldn’t bring him up on 10th March for game v the jambos.
    Thanks, both which bits the singing section?

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Left hand side of the Famous Five Upper. It's marked on the Hibs seat picker when buying tickets online.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    Left hand side of the Famous Five Upper. It's marked on the Hibs seat picker when buying tickets online.
    Ta.

It's the top tier, far right corner if you are looking at the Famous Five stand from the pitch. It's section 25 on the seating plan.

If he's 12 and has been to games a few times before I think he'd be fine in the East stand, especially against Partick where there will be next to no atmosphere.

I think the best section would be section 24 top tier of the FF. In the family stand but right next to the singing section. Failing that pretty much anywhere in the East.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I’ll just preface this with the fact that I’m not making any judgements before someone infers that I’m acting as an ‘uber fan’. Out of interest, how come you haven’t been in so long? Just find it pretty mad considering you post quite frequently on here.

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    I’ll just preface this with the fact that I’m not making any judgements before someone infers that I’m acting as an ‘uber fan’. Out of interest, how come you haven’t been in so long? Just find it pretty mad considering you post quite frequently on here.
    Jim Duffy! 😎

Left by mutual consent!
    My son (12yo) is keen to go to a Hibs match so I’m planning taking him up to Edinburgh for the Partick game at the Easter weekend.

It’s been about 20years since I’ve been at Easter Road so the ground has changed a bit. I wondered which is the best part of the ground for atmosphere (taking account of his age and the fact his experience of football to date has been in the rather more restrained environment of White Hart Lane.

Also is the game time subject to change for TV as I need to travel tickets and when do the match tickets usually go on public sale?

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Why don’t you make a day of it and go in hospitality, the Edinburgh suite is a good experience.

My guess would be he lives in london.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    My guess would be he lives in london.
    Hardly the other side of the world. A flight takes a hour and it's about 5 hours on the train.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Hardly the other side of the world. A flight takes a hour and it's about 5 hours on the train.
    Haha guy asks about game advice and posters start questioning why he hasn't been over the years,who cares he wants to attend a game with his son what's the problem .... this place is full of ***** at times.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Haha guy asks about game advice and posters start questioning why he hasn't been over the years,who cares he wants to attend a game with his son what's the problem .... this place is full of ***** at times.
    What you going on about? My only point was that living in London in itself would not preclude someone from being able to attend a Hibs game in the last 20 years.

The OP may have many reasons why he has not been able to attend , to be honest i couldn't care less whether he does or not, people don't have to justify themselves for not attending on a message board to folk they don't know.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 07-01-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    What you going on about? My only point was that living in London in itself would not preclude someone from being able to attend a Hibs game in the last 20 years.

The OP may have many reasons why he has not been able to attend , to be honest i couldn't care less whether he does or not, people don't have to justify themselves for not attending on a message board to folk they don't know.
    If you couldn't care less why take the effort to assume ?

If you couldn't care less why take the effort to assume ?

To be honest, I was intrigued as to why the 20 year gap. Doesn't matter obviously and I hope the Thistle game is a cracker and your son is hooked for life!

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I even said I was just asking out of interest and not some sense of superiority. I don’t care who goes and how often. I think you are the only [insert whatever the censored word is] here.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    maybe he's been in prison for 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    maybe he's been in prison for 20 years
    and gets angry if folk quiz him about what he has been doing!!!

Doing a post-grad for a couple of years then family life in London. I’m not in Edinburgh often and its usually after the season’s over!

I used to go to away games in the west more often as I lived through there before London but its been a long time since I made it to the Holy Ground.
    Last edited by Colr; 07-01-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Family life in London. I’m not in Edinburgh often and its usually after the season’s over!
    You might also want to take the wee man into the Hibs shop before the game - decent stock in nowadays. He won’t be able to resist a pair of the Hibs ‘bawbags’ boxer shorts!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    You might also want to take the wee man into the Hibs shop before the game - decent stock in nowadays. He won’t be able to resist a pair of the Hibs ‘bawbags’ boxer shorts!
    I’m sure he’ll insist on it!!