hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Same issue I always have whenever the 'loyalty' scheme issue comes up. Define loyalty.

I don't see why fans who are able to go to away games regularly are any more loyal than fans who don't have that opportunity.

I didn't see any problem last time with HSL payments getting you loyalty points (and I wasn't affected either way at the time so no personal axe to grind here).

I don't understand folk acting like its some sort of hardship that they go to away games and they should be rewarded for it? Your reward for going to see Hibs playing an away game is ... that you got to go see Hibs playing an away game. Nothing else. There are many fans who would love to go to more games but who cannot due to time, family, money, etc. Just because one fan is able to get to more games than another doesn't make them a better fan or more deserving of anything.

If there is to be a loyalty scheme (and I don't think there should be) it should be open for much more than just away game attendance.

The only fans that should be singled out for 'perks' are those who pay their money blind and upfront at the start of the season - season ticket holders.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same issue I always have whenever the 'loyalty' scheme issue comes up. Define loyalty.

I don't see why fans who are able to go to away games regularly are any more loyal than fans who don't have that opportunity.

I didn't see any problem last time with HSL payments getting you loyalty points (and I wasn't affected either way at the time so no personal axe to grind here).

I don't understand folk acting like its some sort of hardship that they go to away games and they should be rewarded for it? Your reward for going to see Hibs playing an away game is ... that you got to go see Hibs playing an away game. Nothing else. There are many fans who would love to go to more games but who cannot due to time, family, money, etc. Just because one fan is able to get to more games than another doesn't make them a better fan or more deserving of anything.

If there is to be a loyalty scheme (and I don't think there should be) it should be open for much more than just away game attendance.

The only fans that should be singled out for 'perks' are those who pay their money blind and upfront at the start of the season - season ticket holders.
    👌🏻👏👏👏👏👏👏

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

That’s why a simple change to ‘attendance points’ would solve a huge part of it.

Attending the games where supply outstrips demand gets you attendance points to give you first dibs to attend games when there demand outstrips supply.

No more semantics and twisted interpretations of the word ‘loyalty’.

And your ‘perk’ for buying a season ticket is... you get to attend every single home game... If you buy a season ticket for Easter Road so that your in a lottery for 6 games a season then I’d imagine your buying it for the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Can they give specific examples of things that have been achieved that would not have been had the fans reps role not being created?

I can't think of any fan led issues that the reps have taken to the Board which the Board have acted on because of their intervention

On that basis, while I appreciate they do a lot of good work in the Hibs community, their positions on the Board are pretty meaningless.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post

I can't think of any fan led issues that the reps have taken to the Board which the Board have acted on because of their intervention

On that basis, while I appreciate they do a lot of good work in the Hibs community, their positions on the Board are pretty meaningless.

I've a more supportive view than that - I think that the board will definitely have a better understanding of the views of the fan base on a whole range of topics by having those two in board meetings... they have certainly done a whole set of small yet important things about helping individual circumstances that would have been likely less possible without their close ties to the club.

That said, I would say the communication (i.e. the voice of the club back to the fans) is still lacking as to what it could be...they could help more on this..still not got it right..

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    That’s why a simple change to ‘attendance points’ would solve a huge part of it.

Attending the games where supply outstrips demand gets you attendance points to give you first dibs to attend games when there demand outstrips supply.

No more semantics and twisted interpretations of the word ‘loyalty’.

Ticket points is maybe a better term.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Ticket points is maybe a better term.
    Either or mate. The general point being that the actual issue at hand keeps on being forgotten and/or ignored because people become more interested in the various ways they can twist the word ‘loyalty’ to suit them.

Coaching Staff

Firstly, this comment is aimed at the 'concept' of Fans Board Reps and NOT in any way a criticism of current incumbents' or past ones for that matter.

Surely, being a board member, by its very requirements, puts the individuals in a position where they are limited in how far they can 'push' a cer ian issue, or even communicate their opposition to a course of action once agreed at board level, due to the 'cabinet solidarity' factor, where as a Board member they are required to present a united front.

I think their role as 'advocates' for the supporters, would be easier outside of the boardroom.....whereby any issues they may unsuccessfully put to the board....they can openly discuss and explain why they do NOT agree with the decision of the board, instead of having to bite their tongue.

Fans frequently don't agree with their boards...at any level....but a 'liaison' type role, where they could give the feedback they wanted, would probably result in less critical comments on them.

Having said that, good luck to them, it is a tremendous personal honour to be a board member of the football club, and I know both members work very hard for the football club...in fact Tracey's assistance recently for us far off fans has reached 'legend' status.

Any 'fault' in the concept lies with the design, not with the two elected members.

Nonsense, so buying a season ticket gives you Uber fan status but travelling to away games doesn’t give you any additional qudos?!!

Coaching Staff
    As far as loyalty points go, living on the other side of the globe I don't have a horse in the race so speak.

While I don't go to games now, I do spend a fortune in the shop etc, but being now on a fixed, or no income, I do not contribute to HSL....but was one of the original donators in Dougie Cromb's time and have seen my name on the wall..

Having said all that, even if I DID contribute more financially, my view would be that it should solely be for people who actually go to games, whether home or away....and season ticket holders would count as being at every home game.

I watch every game on Hibs TV and pay for the privilege of that, but wouldn't see that as being part of the equation either.

Can't help but think we over complicated what should be a simple issue....people who go to games should get priority based on the number of games they have paid to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Firstly, this comment is aimed at the 'concept' of Fans Board Reps and NOT in any way a criticism of current incumbents' or past ones for that matter.

Surely, being a board member, by its very requirements, puts the individuals in a position where they are limited in how far they can 'push' a cer ian issue, or even communicate their opposition to a course of action once agreed at board level, due to the 'cabinet solidarity' factor, where as a Board member they are required to present a united front.

I think their role as 'advocates' for the supporters, would be easier outside of the boardroom.....whereby any issues they may unsuccessfully put to the board....they can openly discuss and explain why they do NOT agree with the decision of the board, instead of having to bite their tongue.

Fans frequently don't agree with their boards...at any level....but a 'liaison' type role, where they could give the feedback they wanted, would probably result in less critical comments on them.

Having said that, good luck to them, it is a tremendous personal honour to be a board member of the football club, and I know both members work very hard for the football club...in fact Tracey's assistance recently for us far off fans has reached 'legend' status.

Any 'fault' in the concept lies with the design, not with the two elected members.
    Totally agree.

Its great to hear that they have done so well for the overseas guys and I do know and appreciate the amount of work they've done for individual fans. Its their ability to represent the fans over any bigger issues that I have concerns with.

As you say , in the Boardroom they are bound by collective responsibility, and consequently have to tow the party line. That's why I think their Board positions make their ability to represent fans on issues that the Board might disagree with more or less impossible.

They would be far more effective in the role you envisage, which would allow them to act autonomously as club appointed supporter liaison officers outside the Boardroom. The Board could have structured things this way. However in my opinion a reason the "concept" might have been set up this way could be so that the reps are inside the tent and that any fan led issues brought to the boardroom by them can be muzzled through collective responsibility.

That's why I think the concept as it is, makes the fans rep roles, more or less a cosmetic exercise.
    Last edited by Brizo; 15-10-2018 at 06:04 AM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Loyalty, in this instance, is a way for the club to encourage more regular attendance, drive revenue and at times manage situations where demand exceeds supply.

Don’t take it too personally. No one is saying you are less of a fan.

Totally agree.

Its great to hear that they have done so well for the overseas guys and I do know and appreciate the amount of work they've done for individual fans. Its their ability to represent the fans over any bigger issues that I have concerns with.

As you say , in the Boardroom they are bound by collective responsibility, and consequently have to tow the party line. That's why I think their Board positions make their ability to represent fans on issues that the Board might disagree with more or less impossible.

They would be far more effective in the role you envisage, which would allow them to act autonomously as club appointed supporter liaison officers outside the Boardroom. The Board could have structured things this way. However in my opinion a reason the "concept" might have been set up this way could be so that the reps are inside the tent and that any fan led issues brought to the boardroom by them can be muzzled through collective responsibility.

That's why I think the concept as it is, makes the fans rep roles, more or less a cosmetic exercise.
    I agree.Miss Dempster is a shrewd operator and will have had all the angles worked out before letting "fans reps" anywhere close.
    The 3 most constant moans from the louder fans for the last 3 years have been loyalty points, the PA system in the East and the poor quality catering.
    All 3 will have been brought up by the reps and they will have been expertly fobbed off by the board.
    My guesses are Leanne obviously thinks the loyalty system is more bother than it is worth, the PA system is too expensive to improve, catering i am not so sure about.
    Leanne is very pragmatic and strong which is why we like her so much but it is the same Leanne that won't do what she doesn't want to do if she doesn't think it is the right thing. The fans reps do good things but it is naive to expect the board to allow them real influence.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

It’s covered on the other current thread and I’ve suggested this a hundred times including to LD herself.
    Calling it a ‘loyalty’ scheme was a very bad idea indeed.
    Call it the Away Tickets Points Scheme and the above complaint goes away. It should only ever be about ST holders who are also travelling fans and the tranche system worked in that respect.