hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've asked a question of the fans reps. You brought your photograph into it. I've no idea who you are.
    You made a statement about the fans reps which wasn’t necessary and I corrected you. You then went on to make unnecessary comments about my appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Guys can we please keep personal digs out of this. That includes at the fans reps or each other.

I've deleted the post in question along with others that quote it. If we can get back on track that would be great.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Guys can we please keep personal digs out of this. That includes at the fans reps or each other.

I've deleted the post in question along with others that quote it. If we can get back on track that would be great.
    Marvellous.
    I'll edit the perceived dig' out of my question, which still stands. As does my thought on the need for Fans Reps.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    If it's your question 're why do they bother, then feel free to stand for election next time round and find out what a thankless task being a fans rep is.
    How do you know it's thankless or are you making an assumption based on what ?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    How do you know it's thankless or are you making an assumption based on what ?
    Based on having spoken to both of them.

Testimonial Due
    Based on having spoken to both of them.
    Quality so your stating that they both find it a 'thankless task' being a rep.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Quality so your stating that they both find it a 'thankless task' being a rep.
    I reckon phrase ‘a thankless task’ is used more by others commenting so would imagine it’s the opinion of the poster rather than the reps themselves.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Is it possible to listen to the podcast live tonight?

This is the reply I got from Tracey re supporters clubs

"Moving forward allocation of tickets for Away games that are in huge demand will be Away ST and then ST holders. No tickets will be held for supporters groups. This is something that had been done historically and should have stopped when the Away ST had come into play but for some reason it continued"

Someone at ER is being economical with the truth as it was not a historical process it was a new process set up after consultation with Leeanne and the TO.
    It certainly was a historical process as stated on here when my question was brought up, I got a reply from Leeann through the fans reps and she advised she was not aware of any of this happening and that it would be stopped immediately once she had spoken to the relevant groups and the TO.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    I reckon phrase ‘a thankless task’ is used more by others commenting so would imagine it’s the opinion of the poster rather than the reps themselves.
    I reckon that the thanks get dished out when others see the difference the completed tasks are making. Right now that doesn't seem to be much of a difference. More gets done / more reaction anyway on here when people simply spraff about things. I can't see the worth of the Fans reps to date.

My grumble is the only one I have right now.
    I could be wrong, but when the new rep positions came to being, we had a perfectly good away ticketing system. They weren't responsible for its demise I'm sure, but it's gone in the period all the same.
    And it grinds a bit with many that it's been replaced with the ASTs without consultation and only because that system fits someone at the club a bit better. And I've had words (to that effect) straight from the horses mouth. Hibs could have the 100 HSL bonus points back tomorrow if they reinstated the scheme and my HSL subs would still continue and in perpetuity. As they do. I never asked for the points or the bother they caused. God only knows whose idea it was to implement them, although there is more than one smart ass on here with an ill -advised opinion on it.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    For a technology dinasour like me is there a live link for an android phone. Cheers!

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    It certainly was a historical process as stated on here when my question was brought up, I got a reply from Leeann through the fans reps and she advised she was not aware of any of this happening and that it would be stopped immediately once she had spoken to the relevant groups and the TO.
    That contradicts the info I have, Leeanne was approached and gave it to go ahead in conjunction with the TO.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    We're not that technically savvy. Costs money too. We'll have it edited and uploaded tomorrow around 6pm.

I think the position of fans rep is evolving.

Like it or not, social media is the preferred choice for a lot of people yet many issues are raised on .Net with no input ffrom fans reps. On some occasions posters specifically ask reps to make comment but often these are totally ignored.

Everyone agrees improved communication is vital so what is planned to improve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post

Like it or not, social media is the preferred choice for a lot of people yet many issues are raised on .Net with no input ffrom fans reps. On some occasions posters specifically ask reps to make comment but often these are totally ignored.

Everyone agrees improved communication is vital so what is planned to improve this?
    If I have missed it then sorry, but surely a regular e-mail with update and a mailbox for queries isnt beyond the realms of possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    If I have missed it then sorry, but surely a regular e-mail with update and a mailbox for queries isnt beyond the realms of possibility
    Exactly. Something like that would be a step forward. Sending personal emails currently an option but that excludes everyone else gaining the knowledge

When the Rangers saga was unfolding Stuart Cosgrove made a very good point about new media and the relationship it had with old media.

He argued that a lot of his colleagues in the press, on radio, TV and so on dismissed the bloggers who were reporting a lot of the stuff about Rangers as 'nerds' and 'geeks'. They seemed under the impression all users of blogs, forums, Twitter and so on were football anoraks who never actually attended games. He argued with his colleagues that they were about a decade behind the times and that the internet is now a tool for everyone. It's obvious really.

I still think clubs and the old media aren't quite keeping pace though. I've never made any secret that it's my belief that .net, as an example, is a bit of a pest that Hibs wished never existed.

Exactly. Something like that would be a step forward. Sending personal emails currently an option but that excludes everyone else gaining the knowledge
    A sticky thread for all fan rep matters is the answer.

Coaching Staff
    The concept of ‘fans reps’ was/is a noble one always though, carrying a degree of difficulty.

None of my comments by the way, are in any way aimed at past or present holders of the positions, all of whom I have high respect for.

If it is MAINLY to advise the board of the views of the fans...then logically it is superfluous as these days email means a message can be delivered immediately and cut out the middle man.

The reps too, must work as part of the directors team, and the pressure they are under to do so from ‘within the tent,’ means that they are unlikely to radically oppose any existing views of the non elected members..or face the risk of suffering from increasing exclusion if they do.

Their decisions, which they take based on information possibly not generally available to all the punters, will at times inevitably put them at odds with punters..who see things possibly in a much more black and white vista than the board.

I have thought since the roles were created that it allows the board the opportunity to basically have additional resources to do things they perhaps themselves did not consider they had time for, and I know that Frank and Tracey are very hard working for the club.

The two individuals do their very best, and genuinely want to do what is in the best interests of the club.

A lot of the criticism they get for various things is I feel unwarranted, and reminds me of the political saying that..”it’s easy to be in opposition, as you don’t actually have to do anything but critiscise’

It is no doubt a great honour to be able to say that you are a director of Hibs......but I know that I would run a mile from it as you will undoubtedly, even with heroic efforts, be unable to please all of the people all of the time.....

Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    Due to high demand for tickets for certain matches will the club consider starting a loyalty points scheme where points are ONLY awarded in relation to each supporters contribution to the club via ticket (particularly season ticket) purchases, club shop purchases, HSL and club charity contributions? Thus allowing those who perhaps don't have the luxury of commitment free time to attend every game but who provide the club with the funds needed for its very survival a better chance of securing one of these sought after tickets?

What's the difference?

Really don't like the idea of a two tier support (beyond the existing, and valid, priority given to season ticket holders).
    The difference is mine (actually it was stolen from another poster on the PM board ) is based wholly on attending matches rewarding those that go regularly especially when limited away tickets are available, your example where you get points for practically anything is the reason the original scheme floundered in the first place.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    The difference is mine (actually it was stolen from another poster on the PM board ) is based wholly on attending matches rewarding those that go regularly especially when limited away tickets are available, your example where you get points for practically anything is the reason the original scheme floundered in the first place.
    But why single out attending away matches as being the most 'deserving' aspect of being a fan? Why not single out those who make the biggest financial contribution and make them the most deserving? I would hope most of us would think that letting those with the deepest pockets jump to the head of the queue is wrong - but why is letting those who attend the most away matches go to the front any better?

It's the concept that attending away matches make's you special or more deserving than others that bothers me. Folk talk like driving up to Dundee is an expedition to the Himalayas and that they should be pitied and lauded in equal measure for making the sacrifice to go and see Hibs play. It's not a scarifice to go and watch Hibs away at Dundee or Motherwell or wherever. Many people would love to go see Hibs play in every match (that after all is why we're Hibs fans isn't it?) but for various reasons can't do so - time, money, jobs, families, other commitments.

Some fans have the available time to go to every match - or make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra time to Hibs. That's great.
    Other fans might have the available money to outbid everyone else for Tynecastle tickets - or make sacrifices to their family budget and other commitments in order to devote extra cash to Hibs. Thats' also great.

Why is one group better than the other? Why should one group be sent to the head of the queue for tickets but not the other?

Maybe we could do it by different criteria? Some fans travel long distances to get to Easter Road every week, other fans live closer and so can get to games much easier. Maybe those fans who live outside Edinburgh should be given first dibs on tickets? Why are they less deserving?

Some fans love spending the weekend shopping with their partners or spending time with the kids but sacrifice that to go to the football. Other fans can't wait to get away form the old ball and chain and get a few hours peace at the football... (I'm going to leave it there in case my partner reads this and guesses what group I'm in...)

Basically what I'm saying is that everyone has a pot of time, money, resources, ability to attend games and everyone chooses what they're able to sacrifice. To me no one group's sacrifice is worth more than any other's.

I don't think we should have a loyalty scheme - but if we do it should cover ALL forms of loyalty, not just benefit those with the most ability to go to away games. I saw nothing wrong with the 100 points for HSL members for instance.

I don't see what's wrong with the current system of priority to season ticket holders (who make an upfront blind commitment to the club to pay to attend every game no matter what) and letting it go to the lottery of ticket sales. You're either lucky or you're not. That to me is fair.

Finally I'd like to point out that I have no dog in this fight, I don't go to Tynecastle for health and ethical reasons so I'm not looking for a ticket anyway.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Question
    But why single out attending away matches as being the most 'deserving' aspect of being a fan?
    Answer
    Some fans ... make sacrifices to their family life and other commitments in order to devote extra time to Hibs. That's great.
    Imo

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    So Tracy thinks it's a great idea to tell us she upgrades her kids away ST's to adult ones for Tynecastle and Ibrox to save her neighbour and a friend the "hassle" of securing high demand tickets. What a great system. Why should away ST's be upgraded for use and benefit of others?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    So Tracy thinks it's a great idea to tell us she upgrades her kids away ST's to adult ones for Tynecastle and Ibrox to save her neighbour and a friend the "hassle" of securing high demand tickets. What a great system. Why should away ST's be upgraded for use and benefit of others?
    It's definitely open to abuse. You could purchase a child ast and then upgrade for the matches that suited you.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    It's definitely open to abuse. You could purchase a child ast and then upgrade for the matches that suited you.
    Would still cost you a fortune though, £25 for the home season ticket, and then about £10-15 every game...

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I don’t really see the problem here.

She is still paying for an AST.

What’s the issue?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    I don’t really see the problem here.

She is still paying for an AST.

What’s the issue?
    The two posts above highlight the issue. Better just keeping these things to yourself. She won't be the only one to do it, but as a director you should be more mindful of your actions.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    The two posts above highlight the issue. Better just keeping these things to yourself. She won't be the only one to do it, but as a director you should be more mindful of your actions.
    Yeah I am surprised that she does that but as I said I don’t see the issue.

She pays for a kids AST and her own AST. That means the money is automatically debited from her account for each away game.

She’s not at an advantage.

Again though I am shocked she admitted to that.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Let's be honest, LD and Rod define the strategy, let's not forget Frank went public against Rod not so long ago, neither will be trusted to the sensitive details.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Yeah I am surprised that she does that but as I said I don’t see the issue.

She pays for a kids AST and her own AST. That means the money is automatically debited from her account for each away game.

She’s not at an advantage.

Again though I am shocked she admitted to that.
    I was surprised she admitted that too. She is operating her own loyalty scheme in a way. I might buy an under 12s AST next year for one of my kids and just pick and choose games.

The point about waiting until we had more away fans before considering a loyalty scheme was ill thought out crap. Surely if we have around 2000 away fans then it makes it easier to operate a loyalty scheme. Ibrox and Parkhead would still be oversubscribed but you could give all the away fans a ticket for Tiny and still have a ballot with a good number of tickets left for season ticket holders who seem to think they have a right to a chance of a ticket.