hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Fan Reps Interview - Hibs Talk Podcast

The Hibs Talk Podcast is excited to announce we are interviewing Tracey Smith and Frank Dougan on Monday night. Have you got any questions for our Hibs fan reps?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    How many tickets are being kept aside for players & officials comps/supporters clubs/away ST's and ex players etc and how many will that leave for actual sale on Wednesday?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many tickets are being kept aside for players & officials comps/supporters clubs/away ST's and ex players etc and how many will that leave for actual sale on Wednesday?
    It’s a good question, but I’m not convinced this is in their remit, considering Leeann rules the roost on loyalty points and tickets

Question from me
    After being a fan, what has been the biggest eye opener since becoming a Fans director

Could you please ask them if they have found that cat yet?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Tracey - how much did Working Together help in gaining an insight and a hint of what you were signing up to?

Would you recommend other applicants sample a bit of Working Together first to “dip their toes in the water” ?

How would you say Let’s Work / Working Together has evolved with the introduction of Leeann?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Frank would you say the role has changed much since you first took on the role with Amit?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Left by mutual consent!
    Frank, where are you?

Only joshing, big fella, you won't read this anyway.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Do they feel their role is worthwhile or just a box ticking exercise.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Frank, where are you?

Only joshing, big fella, you won't read this anyway.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Without giving specific examples, have they ever felt personally torn on issues decided by the Board for examplev What they then can and cannot communicate to the people who voted them onto the board?

Are there any plans to improve the match day experience ?

Better and cheaper catering mainly - with more variety.

Also can anything be done about the sold but vacant seats in FF Lower.

Have Hibs given up on the club rewards - like Boots clubpoints.

Are we ever going to get the PA system fixed ??!!

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Feedback re the Tyncastle debacle.

How do you feel you have performed in relation to the pledges you made during election to secure our votes.

Have any of the applicants that’s didn’t get chosen been involved in any shape/form (offering ideas/expertise)?

Demands on your time - as anticipated given the brief or more demanding? In a typical month (in season) what does that look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It’s a good question, but I’m not convinced this is in their remit, considering Leeann rules the roost on loyalty points and tickets

Question from me
    After being a fan, what has been the biggest eye opener since becoming a Fans director
    I'd disagree, I think it's exactly type of question the fans reps should be getting asked and putting to LD.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Are there any plans to improve the match day experience ?

Better and cheaper catering mainly - with more variety.

Also can anything be done about the sold but vacant seats in FF Lower.

Have Hibs given up on the club rewards - like Boots clubpoints.

Are we ever going to get the PA system fixed ??!!
    To save you some time:
    1) the experience is driven from what happens on the pitch.
    2) it’s outsourced, we regularly review and welcome any specific queries
    3) these are sold tickets, we don’t know if people will turn up. If they want to release them then call the TO
    4) yes
    5) we know it isn’t perfect but meets the current regulations, it will cost a 6 figure sums to replace and we see the Football dept as being the priority

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    To save you some time:
    3) these are sold tickets, we don’t know if people will turn up. If they want to release them then call the TO
    4) yes
    5) we know it isn’t perfect but meets the current regulations, it will cost a 6 figure sums to replace and we see the Football dept as being the priority
    Ah, so Frank does use this site after all or is that you Rod? 😂

@hibs.net private member
    To save you some time:
    4) yes
    Is this the club response? or just some individual (even if well informed) opinion..as I'm sure the poster was seeking a fans rep response...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you get bored not answering the same qns time after time

Due to the now high demand for tickets to places like Tynecastle, Celtic Park & Ibrox, will the club consider starting an attendance points scheme where points are ONLY awarded for attending games thus allowing those that support the club home and away on a regular basis to have a better chance of securing one of these tickets?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Due to the now high demand for tickets to places like Tynecastle, Celtic Park & Ibrox, will the club consider starting an attendance points scheme where points are ONLY awarded for attending games thus allowing those that support the club home and away on a regular basis to have a better chance of securing one of these tickets?
    I'll second that DM

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I'll second that DM
    I'll third that

My questions

1. How many hours a month do you think you contribute of your own time, unpaid, in this role?
    2. What one thing are you most proud of achieving in your role?
    3. Do you think the name "fans rep" should be changed to something more reflective of your role? It is not to represent fans but to act as a board member in the best interest of the club which may be against the majority fan view. For instance "Fans board member" may be a better title?
    4. There are 13,000 season ticket holders but you engage with very few. What plans do you have to improve this?
    5. How do you balance the noise from a vocal few on any topic against the views of the vast majority, which may be different?

To save you some time:
    4) yes
    You definitely copy and pasted that !

Regarding match day experience I still think Hibs should try do more to attract fans to the stadium earlier.

Also do the fans reps plan to stand again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    They are supporter representatives. Any question from a supporter is in their remit.

However much thy may dislike some questions, it’s their job to at least try to provide an answer.

Can they give specific examples of things that have been achieved that would not have been had the fans reps role not being created?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    How do you feel you have performed in relation to the pledges you made during election to secure our votes.
    The fans reps statements have been removed by the club so you can't check their pledges...

Tracey's promises are here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwYzUK3QUJc and promises about communications with fans from about 2:37

Frank's are here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ilgLNXfQCc and his promises are at 2:09 onwards (including posting on here)

I'm impressed by the work both of them do after having attended a couple of working together meetings.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I'd like this asked too. If it isn't part of their brief then I've no idea what purpose the positions serve. If they have no say in these matters then they should represent the question to the board and get the board to answer. The talk of a loyalty scheme for the good and the great who are being alleged to get priority tickets definitely needs answered. If true we are running a behind doors "loyalty" scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I'd like this asked too. If it isn't part of their brief then I've no idea what purpose the positions serve. If they have no say in these matters then they should represent the question to the board and get the board to answer. The talk of a loyalty scheme for the good and the great who are being alleged to get priority tickets definitely needs answered. If true we are running a behind doors "loyalty" scheme.
    Exactly this. Much more value in this than being a club representative at a variety of events !

I would like to know how the fans reps respond to the feeling about the lack of communication and how they plan to turn this around.