hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

21 May 2016 - Cup Final Sportsound and Off The Ball

I remember a thread a while back with people looking for cup final reaction from Sportsound and Off the Ball on the day.

They are now on Youtube to be savoured for Eternity and they make for fantastic listening

Sportsound:
    https://youtu.be/-uZA1ZYnHa8

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

Chick Young isn't it about time you apologised !
    Lie after lie, where is you're evidence ???
    Every Rangers Player being assaulted. "my Arse" 😠😠😠

You can really feel the pain and the hate in Chick's voice in the Off The Ball segment. David Tanner on Sky was the same.

Baws to them. Doesn't matter. We won the Cup, and I got to wander behind a bus down the Royal Mile with "a few folk" on the sunniest day of the year, congregating at the Leith Links, and also managed to follow a quite fascinating three-day bender of Hibs players on that Twitter. Magic times. Infact, about time we did it again.

[Edit] Link tae Photaes: https://goo.gl/photos/eEYPaN3U6yG2jy548
    Last edited by Gregor; 04-01-2018 at 11:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Been looking for this for a while now, THANK YOU.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    LD puts that wee bigot chick young right in his place. Get it round you, biased wee liar.

Side note, there's an interview with Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson's after the cup final I've been struggling to find....anyone got a link to the video?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Anyone got the full live radio commentary from the final.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    GIRUY Tam Cowan you fud

Only listened to a small part and the seethe is unreal. From chic to Richard Gordon. I stopped listening as they are not worth our time.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love to hear that as well

Chic Dung like a dog with a bone. Glad that LD put him in his place and only wanted to talk about the game and the Mighty Hibees lifting the SC.

Spent the next hour watching the end of the match on YouTube and Sunshine on Leith.

What an absolute Fanny tam Cowan is. First time I've heard that, FairPlay to the other boy for pulling him up about the hibs'd it pish. As for all the hysteria at the time about it being "tarnished" what a load of ***** that was too, ask any hibs fan what they remember most about that day and I guarantee it'll be David Gray getting his head to that ball. No regrets for me, I wouldn't have had that day any other way

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    What an absolute Fanny tam Cowan is. First time I've heard that, FairPlay to the other boy for pulling him up about the hibs'd it pish. As for all the hysteria at the time about it being "tarnished" what a load of ***** that was too, ask any hibs fan what they remember most about that day and I guarantee it'll be David Gray getting his head to that ball. No regrets for me, I wouldn't have had that day any other way
    Yup. Had the pitch invasion not happened and we paraded the trophy around the pitch after he game I’m sure I’d have said that I wouldn’t have had it any other way. However, the way it did unfold will live with me forever and I wouldn’t change a thing. The pitch invasion will be an iconic image in Scottish football for years to come.

First Team Breakthrough
    John Barnes this has set Scottish football back 35 years and Willie miller hibs supporters have set the game back decades, decades!!
    What a pair of absolute slavers

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I would love to hear that as well
    I heard the commentary of the winning goal on a Sportsound show a month or so back, and the commentator described one of Scottish footballs most dramatic moments with all that surrounded it as Gray scored deep into injury time with as much enthusiasm as he would had Motherwell opened the scoring against Ross County. Not what I had imagined it to have been sadly.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yup. Had the pitch invasion not happened and we paraded the trophy around the pitch after he game I’m sure I’d have said that I wouldn’t have had it any other way. However, the way it did unfold will live with me forever and I wouldn’t change a thing. The pitch invasion will be an iconic image in Scottish football for years to come.
    This is where i am - all the media slavers spent years giving it Hibs havent won the scottish cup in (insert years here) at every opportunity, whether was a a live match, a cup highlights programme or match report. I dont think dundee ( last won in 1910) got/ get the same coverage.

the length of time we had not won it and a focus on final defeats had become the starting point for media coverage due in part to our improved number of Semi final, Final apperances since 2001 keeping the poor record alive in everyones mind.

In my opinion the media had a huge part to play in the outpouring of utter joy and in some cases relief that the pitch invasion represents due to them bringing it up constantly. not that any of them admitted this.

Anyone got a link to the live match on radio and the commentary?

Remeber there used to be a great clip of Ivan Sproule scoring his goals at Rangers recorded.

Also loved the pitch invasion - wasn’t on pitch - but what a memory and occasion.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajf View Post
    John Barnes this has set Scottish football back 35 years and Willie miller hibs supporters have set the game back decades, decades!!
    What a pair of absolute slavers
    Thought that stank at the time when of course in the real world what really makes Scottish football look bad is the liquidation of the now defunct Glasgow rangers and their successor clubs current financial arrangements.

Couple this with what we learnt about the reality of how hearts were in fact funded and it's no wonder we look like the dodgiest banana Republic.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

The Glasgow based media take little interest outside the old firm. It was obvious it killed them that we won. Recently they had Danny Lennon on to talk about his new job and how had brought through players at st mirren (like McGinn and macgregor). Guess what the first question to him was ( and the first five mins)...........asking about mcinnes and the Rangers job!!

I stick to my own memories of that great day.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The best one was Terry Butcher as a pundit on the BBC highlights that evening. That he had to see what proper, modern management can achieve pleases me no end.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Willie Miller is a prick, put the game back decades my arse. I'd love someone to ask all these clowns to justify their comments now, and explain their words 18 months later.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    People really should stop letting the media do their thinking for them whether it is sport, politics, or otherwise. If there's one good thing that the internet has done it is to show up the lies, misinformation and propaganda that mainstream media has fed us for years. The SCF coverage highlights this perfectly.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The laughable thing about Chick Young's outrage is that he has never been slow to boast of his presence on the Wembley pitch in 1977. Certainly one broadcaster that can't be taken seriously.

The five live coverage of that day tells you everything you need to know about hun bias up here. I was listening to the game on a crackly radio in London (circumstances meant I missed our greatest moment but I still have brilliant and unique memories of celebrating the day down there) and the English commentator was reporting it as a pitch invasion 'of joy' by the Hibs fans, they cut away fora news report or something, and cut back to report that the Rangers fans had 'started attacking Hibs fans on the pitch', ie-thefactual events.

It was only after an hour or so when I got talking to mates and saw the evening news reports with the bbc Scotland sports boys front and centre, that the 'hibs animals attacking rangers players, some rangers fans were also goaded' narrative was created. The BBC 5 live England team reported it as it was.

A good listen upto the point where Willie Miller and Chic Young made a pure arse of themselves.
    Putting the game back decades, every The Rangers player assaulted, a tarnished victory.
    What a right pair of tossers, they should be asked now, how much it’s affected Scottish Football, it’s certainly not affected us.
    The best ever day in my life ( other than the usual ) and one no Hibs fan would change.
    Their problem was, “ they thought it was all over “ well it was in the 92nd minute and they didn’t like it.

Left by mutual consent!
    I still don't understand why none of they fuds have been pulled up about their complete lies that day. It was all made up and has been proven to be pish so why haven't they been pulled up?

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibstag View Post
    This is where i am - all the media slavers spent years giving it Hibs havent won the scottish cup in (insert years here) at every opportunity, whether was a a live match, a cup highlights programme or match report. I dont think dundee ( last won in 1910) got/ get the same coverage.

the length of time we had not won it and a focus on final defeats had become the starting point for media coverage due in part to our improved number of Semi final, Final apperances since 2001 keeping the poor record alive in everyones mind.

In my opinion the media had a huge part to play in the outpouring of utter joy and in some cases relief that the pitch invasion represents due to them bringing it up constantly. not that any of them admitted this.
    Heard plenty references to "goading" in the aftermath but none of it in relation to the decades of goading by the likes of chick dung and his fellow "journalists". It seemed that 20 seconds is enough goading to justify one set of fans at the game to go on the park to fight but 50 years worth doesn't justify the other set going on to celebrate.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I still don't understand why none of they fuds have been pulled up about their complete lies that day. It was all made up and has been proven to be pish so why haven't they been pulled up?
    Because nobody except for us cares about it anymore.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The laughable thing about Chick Young's outrage is that he has never been slow to boast of his presence on the Wembley pitch in 1977. Certainly one broadcaster that can't be taken seriously.
    I drove to the final and me and my dad were pishing ourselves at Cowans nonsense post match.

I should say that Stuart Cosgrove told Tam he was talking crap, that it didnt demean it at all - and I think that he also alluded to Chic Youngs double standards.

I really, really, respect Stuart Cosgrove for giving us the credit all real football fans did on that day, given the stick we had over the years - top man.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Heard plenty references to "goading" in the aftermath but none of it in relation to the decades of goading by the likes of chick dung and his fellow "journalists". It seemed that 20 seconds is enough goading to justify one set of fans at the game to go on the park to fight but 50 years worth doesn't justify the other set going on to celebrate.
    Great post.

I don't remember calls for an inquiry after the yams invaded the pitch following the Sir Albert Kidd game. They came on with a bit of angry menace attached whereas we went on to celebrate lifting the Holy Grail.

To be honest I don't care that much about the comments from bitter media huns/yam mini huns who couldn't take it that the better team had won however its certainly interesting listening to their sour resentment at us bursting the 'hoodoo'.

It was then and very probably always will be one of the greatest days ever following the Hi bees. Not everyone will agree but the celebrations from some of us after the game for me only enhanced the day by getting it right up the huns.
    Last edited by Tornadoes70; 05-01-2018 at 12:14 PM.