hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. Why keep a wild animal in your house? More so, why do people keep them in the kitchen? It is a dangerous place for them and it is hardly hygienic. My sister in law recently got a puppy and the whole family are obsessed, my wife especially. They treat it like a child. At Christmas, it got presents wrapped and with tags from ‘Granny and Grandad’ from my in-laws and from ‘Auntie and Uncle’ from my wife and I. Weird. I am biased though as I have an extreme phobia of dogs.

I would add F1 and cricket as spectator sports to the list. I can see how they might be mildly entertaining to participate in but they are utterly boring to watch.
    I'll field this one.

I thought cricket was stultifingly boring though enjoyed playing it in PE at school.

I travelled a bit in Australia one summer in my early twenties, watched a fair bit of cricket and got the bug - it's obviously a lot slower than football or most other team sports but you just need to accept that it works at a different pace. Once I made that leap then I started to appreciate all the subtleties and nuances of the game.

It's a really rich, fascinating game for a spectator if you get to grips with the basics of it and realise just how many variables are involved.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I'll field this one.

I thought cricket was stultifingly boring though enjoyed playing it in PE at school.

I travelled a bit in Australia one summer in my early twenties, watched a fair bit of cricket and got the bug - it's obviously a lot slower than football or most other team sports but you just need to accept that it works at a different pace. Once I made that leap then I started to appreciate all the subtleties and nuances of the game.

It's a really rich, fascinating game for a spectator if you get to grips with the basics of it and realise just how many variables are involved.
    Well said. I would also add that it’s a unique and fascinating duel between bowler and batsman that can last for hours. I enjoy the shorter forms of cricket, but nothing can beat a test match on a wicket that’s starting to break up.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    If you had a new one of these, you'd take it out for a drive. Believe me.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/...ia/first-drive
    I’ve never been a fan of bmw. I was thinking more along the lines of a super car like a Lamborghini. There’s no practical reason for owning a super car other than to drive it for pleasure.

United we stand here....

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Parents who let their kids annoy the **** out of other guests in a restaurant or other public place. I know this might border on a peeve but it's not the annoyance I'm on about here, it's the failure of parents to teach their kids that in later life annoying other people can be detrimental to your health and the shape of your nose.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Well said. I would also add that it’s a unique and fascinating duel between bowler and batsman that can last for hours. I enjoy the shorter forms of cricket, but nothing can beat a test match on a wicket that’s starting to break up.
    Definitely

In some cases that duel can take up their entire careers.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Bootcut jeans.

Left by mutual consent!
    Business Consultants. Essentially management who can't do their jobs bringing in someone who doesn't have a clue about their business telling them how to do their job by spouting a lot of corporate language pish while getting paid mega bucks for it.

Internet forums? WTF are they all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Parents who let their kids annoy the **** out of other guests in a restaurant or other public place. I know this might border on a peeve but it's not the annoyance I'm on about here, it's the failure of parents to teach their kids that in later life annoying other people can be detrimental to your health and the shape of your nose.
    Very well said.

The amount of people with no manners annoys me. What annoys me more is their children are going to grow up with no concept of what manners are. It sounds like something my grandparents would say ffs but it really gets on my goat.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Very well said.

The amount of people with no manners annoys me. What annoys me more is their children are going to grow up with no concept of what manners are. It sounds like something my grandparents would say ffs but it really gets on my goat.
    Kids have too much power these. A quick smack did me no harm when I was young. It taught me what the boundaries were and that set me up for my future life and the responsibilities that I would face. Kids today are been given no boundaries and that worries me, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Kids have too much power these. A quick smack did me no harm when I was young. It taught me what the boundaries were and that set me up for my future life and the responsibilities that I would face. Kids today are been given no boundaries and that worries me, tbh.
    It worries me too.

People/adults who feel the need to post their entire lives online.

- getting ready for a night out
    - 85 pictures of night out
    - feeling rough today, need hugs
    - cba with work
    - bored at work
    - takeaway for tea
    - watching Corrie/game of thrones/teem moms/whatever
    - going to the gym
    - at the gym
    - on the treadmill, gotta lose 8 stone by Friday for the wedding
    and on and on and on

No one gives a toss. And inevitably they’ll get defensive about their private life if someone makes a comment about something they’ve posted.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Very well said.

In my experience it’s older people who lack manners more than younger folk. Especially some older people towards the younger generations.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    On a similar note people who don’t dress appropriately for the weather.

Was a game recently and it was bloody Baltic (Celtic I think) and I had a pair of big boots, two pairs of socks, long johns, jeans, thermal vest, t-shirt, hoodie and a big jacket.

Walking outside there was young guys wearing trackies with no socks and trainers and basically a tracksuit top.

I don’t get how these young guys are surviving these matches without freezing to death?!

Same applies to people who wear jumpers and big coats in the summer, always think they must stink and be really uncomfortable.
    Sometimes though I’ve taken the dog out for a walk on a cold winter’s day and somehow ended up wearing clobber I’d easily wear in the summer - and been ok. Usually involving a tee shirt and Hibs tracky top. Must be a layer thing??!!! 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Dogs, and pets generally actually. I'd keep some fish, but just don't understand the appeal of anything else.
    Quite right, I'd rather clean out a fish tank than walk behind a dog and pick up its crap and chuck it in a wee bin, dinnae get the appeal.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The Foo Fighters. Do absolutely nothing for me.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The Foo Fighters. Do absolutely nothing for me.
    They've had a great career of a lot of songs that sound pretty much the same.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    They've had a great career of a lot of songs that sound pretty much the same.
    Have you ever heard of a wee ensemble called Status Quo?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    You can discipline and teach boundaries without smacking. I have four boys very close in age and could happily take them anywhere knowing theyd behave. I never smacked them. Teaching a child to behave by hurting them just seemed odd to me. Maybe thats one of the things I dont get

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don’t get why people park on the double yellow lines outside Asda at newhaven when there’s a great big car park there?

Same applies to people parking in the drop off areas at supermarkets when there’s always spaces in the car park?

Folk who go on holiday and spend 2 weeks doing things they could do here and barely even acknowledge they are in a different culture. Guy in my work goes to the same place every year and is delighted that he can have a full fried breakfast, go a wander all morning then get to the Red Lion pub at lunchtime and drink John Smiths all afternoon before having a roast dinner for his dinner then getting back on the pints.

Each to their own but I don't get it at all.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Folk who go on holiday and spend 2 weeks doing things they could do here and barely even acknowledge they are in a different culture. Guy in my work goes to the same place every year and is delighted that he can have a full fried breakfast, go a wander all morning then get to the Red Lion pub at lunchtime and drink John Smiths all afternoon before having a roast dinner for his dinner then getting back on the pints.

I get that tbh. Life’s just a bit better with the sun on your back.

That might just be because I’m a lazy fat ******* though 😂

I get that tbh. Life’s just a bit better with the sun on your back.

That might just be because I’m a lazy fat ******* though 😂
    I'm not saying I'm not a hypocite btw. Much as I love trying new food, new drink and different things; if there's football or boxing on I'll be 1st in the queue at the local Scottish or Irish bar for a pint and a big screen TV.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who complain like hell on social media or to a friend about a meal or other experience in hotel,bar, pub restaurant etc. When you ask them if they complained at the time most say "no, the manager asked if everything had been okay and we just said yes, we even left a tip".

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

I know what you mean. We took a day trip to Magaluf years ago and there were pubs showing repeats of Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses all day long.

I don’t get why people park on the double yellow lines outside Asda at newhaven when there’s a great big car park there?

Same applies to people parking in the drop off areas at supermarkets when there’s always spaces in the car park?

Because they’re selfish lazy ****tards!

especially when you watch a couple/2 people arrive in a car, stop in the drop off area, one goes in whilst the other sits and waits! Usually with a sea of empty parking spaces just a few feet away

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    The darts. Cant think of a more boring thing to watch on telly. Looks even worse being there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    You can discipline and teach boundaries without smacking. I have four boys very close in age and could happily take them anywhere knowing theyd behave. I never smacked them. Teaching a child to behave by hurting them just seemed odd to me. Maybe thats one of the things I dont get
    The only lesson a kid will get from smacking is that smacking is ok. I don't get why some folks need to resort to it, there's much more effective ways of getting your kids to toe the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    People who complain like hell on social media or to a friend about a meal or other experience in hotel,bar, pub restaurant etc. When you ask them if they complained at the time most say "no, the manager asked if everything had been okay and we just said yes, we even left a tip".
    That's one of life's great mysteries to me. There's something really two faced about that kind of behaviour and providing your criticism is constructive then the restaurant can actually learn from the experience and improve themselves.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    The only lesson a kid will get from smacking is that smacking is ok. I don't get why some folks need to resort to it, there's much more effective ways of getting your kids to toe the line.
    My boys were no angels, they just learned to do things without being smacked. My oldest two are 21 &22 and still crumble at one of my looks when they start