hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 710
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    13,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand that but I don't get it. 'Going for a drive' as a leisure activity is totally alien to me.
    I quite enjoy driving my car when I’m on my own, but I wouldn’t take it out just for a drive. Maybe if I had a really expensive car, I might feel differently.

    United we stand here....


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    36,174
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least your mum told you. I had no idea the whole space time continuium was going to be like this. When I was ten à six week summer holiday felt like a lifetime compared to a year of being forty something. It's a shock.
    I'm 57 and my birthday is in 6 weeks. If I achieve average Scottish life expectancy, I've only got 19 years to live. What a sobering thought.

    Not only does time fly, you think about your mortality more and more.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  4. #33
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    48
    Posts
    20,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm 57 and my birthday is in 6 weeks. If I achieve average Scottish life expectancy, I've only got 19 years to live. What a sobering thought.

    Not only does time fly, you think about your mortality more and more.
    If you lived in parts of Glasgow you've already beat the dice by reaching 57.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    36,174
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you lived in parts of Glasgow you've already beat the dice by reaching 57.
    Jeezo.

    I haven't been following the depression and anxiety thread, but the realisation just now that 3/4 of my life is already over, might change that!

    Kinell!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    36,174
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I quite enjoy driving my car when I’m on my own, but I wouldn’t take it out just for a drive. Maybe if I had a really expensive car, I might feel differently.
    If you had a new one of these, you'd take it out for a drive. Believe me.

    https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/...ia/first-drive
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like fantasy as a genre, so I was expecting to love it. I read the book first and was told the TV series was amazing, and like you say I never really 'got' it. Tried it twice in fact.
    I've attempted watch the 1st episode 3 times and still never finished.just couldn't get into it at all.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    36,174
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've attempted watch the 1st episode 3 times and still never finished.just couldn't get into it at all.
    I gave up after 2 goes.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  9. #38
    Wheat beer. I love loads of different styles of beer but the appeal of wheat beer eludes me.

  10. #39
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    48
    Posts
    20,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeezo.

    I haven't been following the depression and anxiety thread, but the realisation just now that 3/4 of my life is already over, might change that!

    Kinell!
    Or instead, just use the slightly worrying reality of ageing to come to a realisation that you better get a move on with if you want to do all that stuff you wanted to do!

    Slight hijack, apologies

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    36,174
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or instead, just use the slightly worrying reality of ageing to come to a realisation that you better get a move on with if you want to do all that stuff you wanted to do!

    Slight hijack, apologies
    Yes, very good point.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  12. #41
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,295
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or instead, just use the slightly worrying reality of ageing to come to a realisation that you better get a move on with if you want to do all that stuff you wanted to do!

    Slight hijack, apologies
    Or count your blessings that you've had a good life and sit back and relax. If you spend all you're time stressing about achieving a list of goals then the chances are you're not living for the moment and that's what life's about IMO.

  13. #42
    The clothes in Urban outfitter's.

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    18,089
    I struggle to understand betting odds.

    I'm ok with 2-1 etc but when it goes to 13-8 , 11-4 I'm struggling.
    I also know what the prices mean but can't fathom them at a glance as in what is a better price.

  15. #44
    Guys wearing skin tight jeans with no socks!

  16. #45
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    48
    Posts
    20,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or count your blessings that you've had a good life and sit back and relax. If you spend all you're time stressing about achieving a list of goals then the chances are you're not living for the moment and that's what life's about IMO.
    Nonsense. Life is a war, me vs laziness

  17. #46
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,295
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nonsense. Life is a war, me vs laziness
    I surrendered that fight a while back and now we're allies in a holy war against the evil axis of industriousness and assiduity.

  18. #47
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wheat beer. I love loads of different styles of beer but the appeal of wheat beer eludes me.
    It makes me sneeze!

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    19,536
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys wearing skin tight jeans with no socks!
    On a similar note people who don’t dress appropriately for the weather.

    Was a game recently and it was bloody Baltic (Celtic I think) and I had a pair of big boots, two pairs of socks, long johns, jeans, thermal vest, t-shirt, hoodie and a big jacket.

    Walking outside there was young guys wearing trackies with no socks and trainers and basically a tracksuit top.

    I don’t get how these young guys are surviving these matches without freezing to death?!

    Same applies to people who wear jumpers and big coats in the summer, always think they must stink and be really uncomfortable.

  20. #49
    Reality tv programmes, total pish. Every single one of them.

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Star wars, what a load of sheite.
    Don't get sci-fi at all. Guff stuff, IMO

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,062
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys wearing skin tight jeans with no socks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On a similar note people who don’t dress appropriately for the weather.

    Was a game recently and it was bloody Baltic (Celtic I think) and I had a pair of big boots, two pairs of socks, long johns, jeans, thermal vest, t-shirt, hoodie and a big jacket.

    Walking outside there was young guys wearing trackies with no socks and trainers and basically a tracksuit top.

    I don’t get how these young guys are surviving these matches without freezing to death?!

    Same applies to people who wear jumpers and big coats in the summer, always think they must stink and be really uncomfortable.

    The super skinny, elasticated cuff, jobby catcher trackie bottoms, that are usually a few inches too short as well.

    looks like they’re wearing their wee brothers clothes!
    Last edited by McD; 06-01-2018 at 08:01 PM.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,880
    Dogs, and pets generally actually. I'd keep some fish, but just don't understand the appeal of anything else.
    Mon the Hibs.

  24. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I struggle to understand betting odds.

    I'm ok with 2-1 etc but when it goes to 13-8 , 11-4 I'm struggling.
    I also know what the prices mean but can't fathom them at a glance as in what is a better price.
    Divide the 2nd number by the 1st and that gives you the odds to 1. So 13/8 is 1.625/1 and 11/4 is 2.75/1.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  25. #54
    Testimonial Due Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,420
    Radiohead
    The Big Bang theory
    Mrs Browns boys
    monarchists
    Tories
    Pate

  26. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I struggle to understand betting odds.

    I'm ok with 2-1 etc but when it goes to 13-8 , 11-4 I'm struggling.
    I also know what the prices mean but can't fathom them at a glance as in what is a better price.
    Generally when I am putting a coupon on in the bookies I try to do a quick sum always remembering to add the stake back on.

    To use your 11-4, I would figure 3x4 =12, ie 4 goes into 11 almost 3 times, so for a £1 bet you would get back almost £4.

    If it was the other way round, 4-11, I would count the 11 as £1.10 and figure that the 4 would be worth a bit less than 40p to the pound.

    To accumulate £1 using those bets, the stake for the second bet is the potential winnings from the first. In this instance, £4 @ 4-11 = approx 4x40p = £1.60 + £4 stake.

    Given you started with a quid, that would make those odds roughly 4.6/1. Because I was I bit loose with the figure, and to make it a bit easier for the next sum, I would round the £5.60 down to £5 and go about it the same way for the next odds. ie, 7-5 = 7x£5.

    Follow this process regardless how much you plan to bet, and then simply multiply the figure by 5,10,20 etc.

    Hope this helps rather than baffles you more😜
    Last edited by beensaidbefore; 06-01-2018 at 08:18 PM.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Last Train to Skaville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,148
    Skinny jeans. Saw a pair in Debenhams that were waist 42 with a 30 leg and the style was skinny???

  28. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Skinny jeans. Saw a pair in Debenhams that were waist 42 with a 30 leg and the style was skinny???
    Lol, that is mental.

  29. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Skinny jeans. Saw a pair in Debenhams that were waist 42 with a 30 leg and the style was skinny???
    Did they fit though?

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,988
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did they fit though?
    Nah, couldn't get them past my knees.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dogs, and pets generally actually. I'd keep some fish, but just don't understand the appeal of anything else.
    This. Why keep a wild animal in your house? More so, why do people keep them in the kitchen? It is a dangerous place for them and it is hardly hygienic. My sister in law recently got a puppy and the whole family are obsessed, my wife especially. They treat it like a child. At Christmas, it got presents wrapped and with tags from ‘Granny and Grandad’ from my in-laws and from ‘Auntie and Uncle’ from my wife and I. Weird. I am biased though as I have an extreme phobia of dogs.

    I would add F1 and cricket as spectator sports to the list. I can see how they might be mildly entertaining to participate in but they are utterly boring to watch.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved