hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 416
  1. #331
    People who don’t get Spoonerisms. Cupid stunts.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #332
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,538
    Blog Entries
    4
    Willie Collum (gave us a pen at Hunbox) WTF?

  4. #333
    @hibs.net private member Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    32
    Posts
    15,073
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    why I don't get change on the bus?
    Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price. -Vince Lombardi

  5. #334
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,441
    Why people (myself included) accept cold food from Greggs. It’s supposed to be hot and you wouldn’t accept cold food anywhere else.

  6. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why people (myself included) accept cold food from Greggs. It’s supposed to be hot and you wouldn’t accept cold food anywhere else.
    That's a good one, that

  7. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why people (myself included) accept cold food from Greggs. It’s supposed to be hot and you wouldn’t accept cold food anywhere else.
    Because a cold steak bake is better than a hot stake bake

  8. #337
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    33,456
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because a cold steak bake is better than a hot stake bake
    And a steak bake of any temperature is better than no steak bake.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  9. #338
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,538
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And a steak bake of any temperature is better than no steak bake.
    A hot OR cold steak bake is much better than a warm one, for sure.
    A warm one is marginally better than none however, that can change depending on degree of hunger.

  10. #339
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,301
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why people (myself included) accept cold food from Greggs. It’s supposed to be hot and you wouldn’t accept cold food anywhere else.
    Their argument is that if it’s kept hot, it’s subject to VAT.

    Hot or not, it’s still overpriced crap and the only way I’d buy anything like a steak bake is if it was half the price and from Iceland or Farmfoods, or whoever sells them frozen.

  11. #340
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their argument is that if it’s kept hot, it’s subject to VAT.

    Hot or not, it’s still overpriced crap and the only way I’d buy anything like a steak bake is if it was half the price and from Iceland or Farmfoods, or whoever sells them frozen.
    The only difference is sitting or take away. I get charged the same whether its cool - can be eaten immediately without blistering the inside of my mouth to volcanic. This involves blistering the inside as well as scalding the lips and chin generally as the gravy is runnier..
    In my experience you don't want the food hot unless you are taking it for a 20 minute walk.


    They’ve got to learn quickly. Inconsistency won’t be tolerated. It’s not acceptable for a club of this standard..” - Neil Lennon 9 June 2016

  12. #341
    Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    50
    Posts
    16,280
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only difference is sitting or take away. I get charged the same whether its cool - can be eaten immediately without blistering the inside of my mouth to volcanic. This involves blistering the inside as well as scalding the lips and chin generally as the gravy is runnier..
    In my experience you don't want the food hot unless you are taking it for a 20 minute walk.
    You are correct that VAT must be charged on all food that is eaten in, but there is a differentation when it comes to takeaways.

    VAT must be charged on hot takeaways but not on cold food or drink items, and if an item such as a sausage roll is hot simply because of it being recently removed from the oven then no VAT need be charged. Greggs sell freshly baked products, not hot held products.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibby; 08-02-2018 at 09:11 PM.

  13. #342
    Whenever I was forced into buying anything from Greggs i felt unwell an hour later.

    The steak bake was the worse. I don't know what it is about their food but it makes me boak.


    Except their yum yums!

  14. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only difference is sitting or take away. I get charged the same whether its cool - can be eaten immediately without blistering the inside of my mouth to volcanic. This involves blistering the inside as well as scalding the lips and chin generally as the gravy is runnier..
    In my experience you don't want the food hot unless you are taking it for a 20 minute walk.
    Nothing worse than getting a steak bake that's just out the bloody oven.

  15. #344
    Testimonial Due hibby6270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Leith, Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,650
    Jeans/trousers that have great hulking big holes deliberately cut on them in the so called name of fashion. Besides that, wearing them must make you bloody freezing!! What’s the point other than regurgitating the same silly stoopid fashion from 20/30 years ago. Even then I didn’t get it.

  16. #345
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17,760
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whenever I was forced into buying anything from Greggs i felt unwell an hour later.

    The steak bake was the worse. I don't know what it is about their food but it makes me boak.


    Except their yum yums!
    Steak bakes give me the ****s and within half an hour of eating one I need to find a toilet urgently.

    Still eat them though, can’t live your life scared of ****ting yourself.

    As for the temperature, cold or like warm for me. I’ve not got the patience to leave it until it cools down so if it’s just out the oven it just means a burnt mouth for me.

  17. #346
    Testimonial Due One Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    here and there
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,017
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whenever I was forced into buying anything from Greggs i felt unwell an hour later.

    The steak bake was the worse. I don't know what it is about their food but it makes me boak.
    I think its the pastry

  18. #347
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,759
    I don't get how when someone chooses to WhatsApp you, particularly with a question, and you reply immediately (as in within seconds) your reply doesn't get 2 blue ticks straight away. Like have they just decided to fire out a question and not hang around for the 6 seconds required to get an answer?

    Weirdos

  19. #348
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,764
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get how when someone chooses to WhatsApp you, particularly with a question, and you reply immediately (as in within seconds) your reply doesn't get 2 blue ticks straight away. Like have they just decided to fire out a question and not hang around for the 6 seconds required to get an answer?

    Weirdos
    I'm the opposite. If I send someone a Whatsapp (no matter how soon after their message to me) I'd be weirded out if it immediately went 2 blue ticks... Unless it's an urgent question they're asking.
    Mon the Hibs.

  20. #349
    Rugby players and that grab the shirt, angry face, kind of push each other thing they sometimes do when there's a bad tackle or something.

    Either have a square go or walk away. The in between thing just looks silly

  21. #350
    Testimonial Due Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Posts
    3,677
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get how when someone chooses to WhatsApp you, particularly with a question, and you reply immediately (as in within seconds) your reply doesn't get 2 blue ticks straight away. Like have they just decided to fire out a question and not hang around for the 6 seconds required to get an answer?

    Weirdos
    I have no idea what any of that means.

    Things I don't get...

  22. #351
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rugby players and that grab the shirt, angry face, kind of push each other thing they sometimes do when there's a bad tackle or something.

    Either have a square go or walk away. The in between thing just looks silly
    (Un) fortunately a punch or any violent conduct making contact with the head is a minimum of 12 weeks ban now. Long gone are the days of a right good dust up with no one sent off anymore. I remember listening to Fergus Slattery commentating and there was a bit of pushing and shoving Slattery said with a sigh " ah, the modern day punch up" Fergus was a good old fashioned forward back in the day.

  23. #352
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,049
    The word “patching”, as in to ignore. The wife used it earlier. I know I can be a bit of a dinasaur at times but never heard of that word before and had to google it. Is it a word the kids use these days or fairly common and passed me by all these years? 🤨

  24. #353
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    33,456
    Folk wanting games to go ahead in atrocious weather...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  25. #354
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,538
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (Un) fortunately a punch or any violent conduct making contact with the head is a minimum of 12 weeks ban now. Long gone are the days of a right good dust up with no one sent off anymore. I remember listening to Fergus Slattery commentating and there was a bit of pushing and shoving Slattery said with a sigh " ah, the modern day punch up" Fergus was a good old fashioned forward back in the day.
    Or when rugby commentator Bill McLaren described a double headbutt as "a little tete-a-tete"

  26. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The word “patching”, as in to ignore. The wife used it earlier. I know I can be a bit of a dinasaur at times but never heard of that word before and had to google it. Is it a word the kids use these days or fairly common and passed me by all these years? 🤨
    Id never heard it until a year or so ago when my older teens used it. Stupid word.

  27. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The word “patching”, as in to ignore. The wife used it earlier. I know I can be a bit of a dinasaur at times but never heard of that word before and had to google it. Is it a word the kids use these days or fairly common and passed me by all these years? 🤨

    My daughter uses it along with the term patched. Does my head in and if my wife started using it, I think it would end up in divorce.

  28. #357
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,759
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The word “patching”, as in to ignore. The wife used it earlier. I know I can be a bit of a dinasaur at times but never heard of that word before and had to google it. Is it a word the kids use these days or fairly common and passed me by all these years? 🤨
    I will pretend I never saw this post and thus continue my life of blissful ignorance about this abomination.

    What's wrong with "dingied" or "slung him/her a deefie" ??

  29. #358
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    32,382
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The word “patching”, as in to ignore. The wife used it earlier. I know I can be a bit of a dinasaur at times but never heard of that word before and had to google it. Is it a word the kids use these days or fairly common and passed me by all these years? 🤨
    I think it's a relatively modern word and originates from the youth.

    I heard younger people saying it at work to begin with and now I hear older people saying it as well.

    It seems to be a word that's used quite commonly these days although I tend to avoid it.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  30. #359
    @hibs.net private member Steve-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    36
    Posts
    20,040
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like fantasy as a genre, so I was expecting to love it. I read the book first and was told the TV series was amazing, and like you say I never really 'got' it. Tried it twice in fact.
    I'd say it took me a season and a half, binge watched, to really get into it. But, I have persevered and can't wait for the final season!

  31. #360
    @hibs.net private member Steve-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    36
    Posts
    20,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peeing in public isn't against the law for the sake of having a law.

    If you get caught, you'll be prosecuted for"Public Nuisance", which is what it is.

    It's not fair to expect people to put up with the mess and the smell.

    I'm sure the lawyers/courts/judges etc would love to argue about where it was and wasn't acceptable to pee in public. The amount of legislation that would require would make a lot of rich people even richer.
    Is it fair for someone to be publicly humiliated by peeing themselves in the street just because a bit of waste ground behind a bush has a pee smell until the next time it rains?

    Here in NZ, there seems to be plentiful public toilets for the most part, but they are pretty hard to find in the UK these days IIRC.
    Last edited by Steve-O; 28-02-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved