hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They don't all have beards and wear hats. You must've saw Malcolm Rifkind?
    Exactly. I was at school with at least one jew. You wouldn't have known it if she hadn't spoken about it. She also took part in all the Christmas & Easter stuff that went on in schools.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Exactly. I was at school with at least one jew. You wouldn't have known it if she hadn't spoken about it. She also took part in all the Christmas & Easter stuff that went on in schools.
    Hazel Aronson was one of the scariest women it was ever my displeasure to meet

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    You cannot have an idea of something you gave no knowledge of, Columbus wasn't looking for America, he was searching for another route to India, hence the reason the West Indies as named as such. Scientist search for the Higgs Bosun and black holes because theoretically they should exist, they didn't search for these things not knowing what they were looking for. At the time of Columbus they had no knowledge of the size of the earth, Columbus and others at that time didn't go looking for America, they discovered it by accident.
    But people had ideas about other lands long before Columbus found those lands. Lands such as those existed at that time despite the lack of conclusive proof.

When a scientific theory first emerges, there are often plenty of people, scientists included, who do not agree with that theory. I would imagine one of the reasons for that lack of belief would be the lack of conclusive proof. Some theories prove to be correct, some do not. For those that are proven to be incorrect, there is conclusive proof of that. However, in the absence of conclusive proof, it is not possible to say with certainty that something is wrong/does not exist etc.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    You possibly did but not realised. They don't all wear "badges".
    Well, you’re right. But of the ultra orthodox variety I certainly hadn’t.

They had no idea the world was as big as it was, they knew of Asia, India and Africa as they travelled by land, Marco Polo being one example in the far east. They knew India had a vast ocean to it's east and they knew there was a vast ocean to the West. Columbus's theory was if he travelled far enough West he should land on the East coast of India. They had no idea the Americas existed until they landed there, you cannot search for something you know nothing about. Columbus didn't go to the Queen and say, give me money for some ships, I'm off to discover America, he was trying to find another way to India without going right round Africa or over land. You have to know what you're looking for before you look.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Schrodinger’s America.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    I read there are less than 300,000 Jewish people in the UK. I would have thought a lot more given the amount of discussion there is around the matter of anti-semitism etc. They also have their own police force. Does anyone know if this unique for such a small portion of the overall population?
    I don't think they do have their own police force. They have a well-organised and well-established neighbourhood watch/citizen patrol group that is similar to the Guardian Angels, which gained fame in the US in the 1980s but they have no powers other than that of making a citizen's arrest, same as any citizen. It's simply that they have organised themselves in numbers.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Schrodinger’s America.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Left by mutual consent!
    People "really really" into works nights out/events.

I realise I'm probably the odd one out rather than the rest, but for me I go to work for 8 hours and leave at 5 on the dot to enjoy actual life.

Don't get me wrong, I get on with my colleagues and don't mind a drink with them every now and again, but we've just had a work event and for some it seemed to be the highlight of their life.

I'll add another entry,people "extremely" passionate about the company they work for.

Now, I fully understand it if the company is doing some life changing work and changing lives, however the North Korean esque levels of worship you get from some people for bog standard companies that wouldn't wait half a second to screw you over is something I'll never get.

Connor McGregor. What a pantomime.

Women wearing footwear they can't walk in.

I know the whole 'heels' thing has been around forever but this past couple of weeks in particular I've noticed women holding me up from getting down the stairs at work due to them physically not being able to walk in a normal motion because of the shoes or boots they have on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

I know the whole 'heels' thing has been around forever but this past couple of weeks in particular I've noticed women holding me up from getting down the stairs at work due to them physically not being able to walk in a normal motion because of the shoes or boots they have on.
    Im guilty of being a people watcher and spend a lot of time waiting for buses in the town. Ive laughed more than once watching women struggle in their shoes. I can almost feel their pain sometimes. Fair entertains me . (I live in trainers and if needs must i wear wedges.)

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

Unfortunately a fashion thing, been going on for decades, I love watching them all tottering along George St, looking beautiful until they attempt to walk along to the next pub, then they're like baby giraffes trying their first steps.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    People "really really" into works nights out/events.

I realise I'm probably the odd one out rather than the rest, but for me I go to work for 8 hours and leave at 5 on the dot to enjoy actual life.

Don't get me wrong, I get on with my colleagues and don't mind a drink with them every now and again, but we've just had a work event and for some it seemed to be the highlight of their life.

I'll add another entry,people "extremely" passionate about the company they work for.

Now, I fully understand it if the company is doing some life changing work and changing lives, however the North Korean esque levels of worship you get from some people for bog standard companies that wouldn't wait half a second to screw you over is something I'll never get.
    Which leads to sycophantic behaviour. Gives me the dry boak to see a grown man obsequiously toadying to supervisors/managers.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    the ****er that put an aeroplane on a treadmill.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    the ****er that put an aeroplane on a treadmill.
    Hold on. There's a bike with 100m long spokes up there now.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Unfortunately a fashion thing, been going on for decades, I love watching them all tottering along George St, looking beautiful until they attempt to walk along to the next pub, then they're like baby giraffes trying their first steps.
    Some of their guys can barely walk too!

Guys wearing what looks like leggings underneath shorts when out for a run. I've got interest in the health benefits or whatever, you look ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Guys wearing what looks like leggings underneath shorts when out for a run. I've got interest in the health benefits or whatever, you look ridiculous.
    Crikey - I had no idea people were paying so much attention to my thighs...
    Mon the Hibs.

Keeps me warm though. When it comes to running I'm all about practicality over style.

Got to say I'm disappointed. Practicality or not, it's a look more suited to a Jambo fashion sense. John Mcglynn would've been all over this if he was still there.
    Last edited by adhibs; 06-11-2018 at 11:39 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I've worn them for years for winter running. If it's a choice between shorts/leggings and trackie bottoms (which is actually John McGlynn style) then there's no choice.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    reused Jokes/comments, especially on social media whats that about

Things unrelated to the article or video you watch that make no sense along the lines of 'sometimes when im alone I cover myself in glitter and pretend im a snail' or variations of random things'

I follow (not sure why now tbh) NME on facebook, without a doubt someone will comment 'yeah, but what do the Gallagher brothers think of it' so they do publish a lot of Liam and Noel material, and the joke was maybe funny the first time, but for over a year I read it on every single article.

the ever classic 'you must be fun at parties' or 'I hear Harry kane is claiming that goal'

trolls in general on social media i guess.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Keeps me warm though. When it comes to running I'm all about practicality over style.
    Does running not keep your legs warm though?

Same with footballers that wear gloves, bit cold at first but get running around and they soon heat up!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Does running not keep your legs warm though?

Same with footballers that wear gloves, bit cold at first but get running around and they soon heat up!
    I don't notice any warming benefits from them - the alternative is boxers and they are looser and chafe.
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Grown men in their 40’s who love everything MARVEL. To the point they actually think they are a super hero and they even buy man bags, wrist watches and some go to the extent of getting a tattoo. I wish I loved something that much
    Last edited by Weegreenman; 07-11-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Grown men in their 40’s who love everything MARVEL. To the point they actually think they are a super hero and they even buy man bags, wrist watches and some go to the extent of getting a tattoo. I wish I loved something that much
    Hibs?

Reminds me of old Jambo men that go about Gorgie/Dalry and probably havnae ventured further with their old school (or just old) Hearts coats on. 😂

@hibs.net private member
    What about women? Not being flippant, i love the marvel films. Havent quite got a tattoo but theres time yet
    Last edited by Jay; 07-11-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    What about women? Not being flippant, i love the marvel films. Havent quite got a tattoo but theres time yet
    Women usually like Marvel in their coffee! ☕