Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I'll field this one.

I thought cricket was stultifingly boring though enjoyed playing it in PE at school.

I travelled a bit in Australia one summer in my early twenties, watched a fair bit of cricket and got the bug - it's obviously a lot slower than football or most other team sports but you just need to accept that it works at a different pace. Once I made that leap then I started to appreciate all the subtleties and nuances of the game.

It's a really rich, fascinating game for a spectator if you get to grips with the basics of it and realise just how many variables are involved.
All fair enough but I don’t get the hype around the Ashes. It’s a tournament that only has two possible winners!

What is it about the English and their love of sporting events with only two teams - The Boat Race is another one!

I have to say that I don’t get F1 - it’s a sport where you need to be a millionaire before you can take it up seriously and even after that it seems to come down to who has the best car. It may be interesting if the drivers were randomly allocated cars before each race, we would then find out who the best driver was.