Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
This. Why keep a wild animal in your house? More so, why do people keep them in the kitchen? It is a dangerous place for them and it is hardly hygienic. My sister in law recently got a puppy and the whole family are obsessed, my wife especially. They treat it like a child. At Christmas, it got presents wrapped and with tags from ‘Granny and Grandad’ from my in-laws and from ‘Auntie and Uncle’ from my wife and I. Weird. I am biased though as I have an extreme phobia of dogs.

I would add F1 and cricket as spectator sports to the list. I can see how they might be mildly entertaining to participate in but they are utterly boring to watch.
I'll field this one.

I thought cricket was stultifingly boring though enjoyed playing it in PE at school.

I travelled a bit in Australia one summer in my early twenties, watched a fair bit of cricket and got the bug - it's obviously a lot slower than football or most other team sports but you just need to accept that it works at a different pace. Once I made that leap then I started to appreciate all the subtleties and nuances of the game.

It's a really rich, fascinating game for a spectator if you get to grips with the basics of it and realise just how many variables are involved.