hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 710
  1. #1
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,295

    Things you don't get.

    Horse racing or even just horses, can't begin to understand the fascination with them.

    Monarchists, some people seem to love the Windsors more than life itself, wtf is all that about?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,029
    Hearts, or any general violence. Celebrity talent/challenge TV.


    They’ve got to learn quickly. Inconsistency won’t be tolerated. It’s not acceptable for a club of this standard..” - Neil Lennon 9 June 2016

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    36,174
    Kardashians
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  5. #4
    First Team Regular Mixu62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Age
    45
    Posts
    666
    "Famous" YouTubers.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    The Simpsons
    Frazier
    Strictly
    Big Brother
    Cricket
    Athletics
    Practical jokes
    Hiking
    etc, etc .....

    I've come to the conclusion I must be a miserable old ghet.

  7. #6
    Guinness. A truly awful concoction.

  8. #7
    Administrator BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,018
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kardashians
    Did you know their father was on the OJ Simpson defence team?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  9. #8
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    15,155
    "reality" tv.

  10. #9
    Testimonial Due Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    3,348
    Whisky, absolutely revolting stuff.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,451
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    They fidget spinner things...how is that an entertaining thing to anybody?

  12. #11
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kardashians
    Oh Yes, that's another big mystery to me.

  13. #12
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Famous" YouTubers.
    My 8 year old barely watches TV anymore, instead he's got his favourite blogs on YouTube, mainly Minecraft tutorial videos but also a couple of other gamer channels. I kind of get the attraction of watching something and then trying to replicate it. I'd rather he was watching something that then stimulates his fantasy in an interactive sense instead of sitting him in the comatose world of Peppa Pig an the likes.

  14. #13
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,295
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They fidget spinner things...how is that an entertaining thing to anybody?
    Hula hoops for couch potatoes?

  15. #14
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Queensferry
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,283
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Frazdazhfc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kardashians
    Retweet

    How anyone can get enjoyment watching a bunch of spoilt brats day-by-day lives is beyond me.

  16. #15
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    48
    Posts
    20,564
    Expensive things that don't last. Washing machines, computers, fridges, TV, dishwashers. People know how to make components that last, so why do we tolerate having to replace this assembly line rubbish and get a new one shipped from Guangdong every three years?

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,363
    Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club. It’s alright, but not as good asThe White Album, Revolver or Rubber Soul. So no idea how polls always seem to vote it the greatest album of all time.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,988
    Jeans hanging down around yer erse cheeks.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whisky, absolutely revolting stuff.
    I agree, however I'm a devout masochist so .....

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    36,174
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you know their father was on the OJ Simpson defence team?
    I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

    I'll tell Mrs R. It might stop her watching it :
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  21. #20
    Game of Thrones. Watched a series and a bit then admitted defeat, just don't understand the hype at all.

    Cocaine. Crap drug that's expensive, people taking it don't look like some 'classy' socialite, most just mark themselves as chavs with more money than sense.

  22. #21
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    48
    Posts
    20,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Game of Thrones. Watched a series and a bit then admitted defeat, just don't understand the hype at all.

    Cocaine. Crap drug that's expensive, people taking it don't look like some 'classy' socialite, most just mark themselves as chavs with more money than sense.
    I like fantasy as a genre, so I was expecting to love it. I read the book first and was told the TV series was amazing, and like you say I never really 'got' it. Tried it twice in fact.

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,852
    Big bushy beards. I don't care how fashionable they are, most guys with them just look daft.

  24. #23
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    48
    Posts
    20,564
    ...the whole 'time passing faster as you get older' thing. It's shocking. At this moment Liz Kershaw is playing a Manics song from the This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours album which she says is TWENTY years old today.

    Which obviously makes no sense. I'm hurtling towards old age at breakneck speed and it's no fair.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    The beautiful City of York
    Posts
    36,174
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...the whole 'time passing faster as you get older' thing. It's shocking. At this moment Liz Kershaw is playing a Manics song from the This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours which she says is TWENTY years old today.

    Which obviously makes no sense. I'm hurtling towards old age at breakneck speed and it's no fair.
    My mum used to say "Life is like a toilet roll. The nearer you get to the end, the faster it goes".

    I don't suppose for one second that she made the quote up, but for me at my age, it's truth is indisputable.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    58
    Posts
    49,309
    Star wars, what a load of sheite.

  27. #26
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    13,624
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Star wars, what a load of sheite.


    Star Trek anaw.

  28. #27
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    48
    Posts
    20,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My mum used to say "Life is like a toilet roll. The nearer you get to the end, the faster it goes".

    I don't suppose for one second that she made the quote up, but for me at my age, it's truth is indisputable.
    At least your mum told you. I had no idea the whole space time continuium was going to be like this. When I was ten à six week summer holiday felt like a lifetime compared to a year of being forty something. It's a shock.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 06-01-2018 at 01:46 PM.

  29. #28
    Cars.

    A mode of transport to get me from A to B. I can't be bothered with the inevitable questions when you buy a new one. How many miles to the gallon? How does it drive? What's the engine? Shall we take it a spin?

    Do these people do the same with other big purchases? How does that fridge cool? How many BTUs does that oven have? Shall we put that washing machine through a rinse cycle, see how she flows?

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    13,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cars.

    A mode of transport to get me from A to B. I can't be bothered with the inevitable questions when you buy a new one. How many miles to the gallon? How does it drive? What's the engine? Shall we take it a spin?

    Do these people do the same with other big purchases? How does that fridge cool? How many BTUs does that oven have? Shall we put that washing machine through a rinse cycle, see how she flows?
    Some people get a lot of enjoyment from driving. Some cars are designed only to get people from A to B, whilst others are designed for enjoyment and performance. Things like washing machines are designed only to wash clothes.

    United we stand here....

  31. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some people get a lot of enjoyment from driving. Some cars are designed only to get people from A to B, whilst others are designed for enjoyment and performance. Things like washing machines are designed only to wash clothes.
    I understand that but I don't get it. 'Going for a drive' as a leisure activity is totally alien to me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved