hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Coffee. I've worked with people that are absolutely addicted to the stuff (I appreciate more so for the caffeine content than the taste) and will get through 7 or 8 cups a day but I just find the stuff horrid.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coffee. I've worked with people that are absolutely addicted to the stuff (I appreciate more so for the caffeine content than the taste) and will get through 7 or 8 cups a day but I just find the stuff horrid.
    I'm the opposite and don't get how people in my work get through the day without it.

I'm up at quarter to 6 and have a cup, shower then another cup. Cup at back of 8 as soon as I get into work, one at 9 when others get in, cup at 10.30, 1 at lunchtime and another at 3, 1 when I get home and another after dinner. If I'm out at a Hibs game or training or whatever you can add another 1 in when I get home from that.

8 cups a day is about standard for me. I tried changing to herbal teas and stuff but it's not the same.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Hopefully it won't be followed into the dictionary by the word "useage".
    I feel terrible.

Depression is a side effect of using too much MDMA.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    People who take their office job seriously.

I can understand a police officer, a fireman, doctor taking their job seriously, someone actually contributing to society, saving lives etc, even architects or engineers who actually accomplish things.

What I don't get are people in bog standard office jobs who wouldn't be missed taking their job that seriously you would think Wall Street going up or down depends on their every move.

I can only imagine how depressing life is for them outside of the office.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Dance music and all its various forms
    People who think that "dance music" is a recent phenomenon.

My head literally exploded whern I heard a programme a couple of years ago celebrating "20 years of dance music".

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    People/adults who feel the need to post their entire lives online.

- getting ready for a night out
    - 85 pictures of night out
    - feeling rough today, need hugs
    - cba with work
    - bored at work
    - takeaway for tea
    - watching Corrie/game of thrones/teem moms/whatever
    - going to the gym
    - at the gym
    - on the treadmill, gotta lose 8 stone by Friday for the wedding
    and on and on and on

No one gives a toss. And inevitably they’ll get defensive about their private life if someone makes a comment about something they’ve posted.
    Your list seems to be missing - Posting / replying to a thread on .Net.

Anyhoo.

Cookery programmes on TV (like Masterchef) where putting pretty coloured flowers on the food somehow makes it better dish.
    What’s that all about?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Anyhoo.

Cookery programmes on TV (like Masterchef) where putting pretty coloured flowers on the food somehow makes it better dish.
    What’s that all about?
    One of the chef judges across here lost here recently came out with "arrêtez de me faire bouffer des putain de fleurs"- "stop making me eat f***ing flowers".

I literally laughed my head off.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Big game hunting.

The appeal of killing an animal for a trophy is beyond me. I know the apologists give all sorts of reasons why hunting is actually 'good for the economy', 'funds conservation' and 'takes place within controlled areas' but I still don't get it. If anything shooting an animal kept withing a confined and controlled environment makes it even less of an 'achievement' in my eyes.
    That must be similar to the groups of guys sitting around a pond with power bait on the end of their line.
    If I fish, I fish for food and enjoy the rare time for contemplation and to "decompress" whilst taking in the great outdoors, sitting around a purpose built water course just isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post

I can understand a police officer, a fireman, doctor taking their job seriously, someone actually contributing to society, saving lives etc, even architects or engineers who actually accomplish things.

What I don't get are people in bog standard office jobs who wouldn't be missed taking their job that seriously you would think Wall Street going up or down depends on their every move.

How efficient do you think any of the services you mentioned, or any industry really, would be if their admin, clerical, secreterial and so on support adopted your attitude?

I work in an office and I'm under no illusions that I'm replaceable. It's a matter of personal pride though and I take my job seriously because I'm being paid to do so and have built a relationship with my customers that is built on my ability to do my job well. I pay tax, I provide a service, I work hard and in doing so I allow other businesses to do the same. In other words I, in a small way, 'contribute to society'.

I find dismissive attitudes like yours far harder to understand than I do understanding people who take their job seriously.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    How efficient do you think any of the services you mentioned, or any industry really, would be if their admin, clerical, secreterial and so on support adopted your attitude?

I work in an office and I'm under no illusions that I'm replaceable. It's a matter of personal pride though and I take my job seriously because I'm being paid to do so and have built a relationship with my customers that is built on my ability to do my job well. I pay tax, I provide a service, I work hard and in doing so I allow other businesses to do the same. In other words I, in a small way, 'contribute to society'.

I find dismissive attitudes like yours far harder to understand than I do understanding people who take their job seriously.
    I can't believe how seriously you've taken that post, 'kin LOLZ.

Aah the classic get pulled up on my ignorant comment so dismiss it as a joke response. Good one.

To get the thread back on track I don't get people who express a strong opinion then don't have the conviction to defend their stance.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

You’d be even more efficient S, if you stayed off Hibs.net 😀

Although all power to the regular posters for giving me threads to read as more often than not too lazy to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    You’d be even more efficient S, if you stayed off Hibs.net 😀

Although all power to the regular posters for giving me threads to read as more often than not too lazy to post.
    This place can feel like a full time job at times....

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Thankfully I don't get the phrase in bold.

Aah the classic get pulled up on my ignorant comment so dismiss it as a joke response. Good one.

To get the thread back on track I don't get people who express a strong opinion then don't have the conviction to defend their stance.

Got to say I’m with PB on this.

IGRIGI, your post is really quite insulting to people who take pride in their job. I equally don’t have any illusions that my company would flounder if I wasn’t there, but I really enjoy my job, I like the company I work for, I choose to put in the effort to do my job well, take pride in that, and contribute to society as much as the next person. I work hard, and I feel good about myself in not being a lazy selfish loafer (that’s not intended to imply you are btw), that some are.

I’ll also add to the thread in saying I don’t get people who are purposely lazy, avoid work, find every excuse under the sun to pass work off on others whilst never offering to help or support their colleagues, whine about how busy they are when they complete about 40% of the output of their colleagues, last in first out mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Your list seems to be missing - Posting / replying to a thread on .Net.

What do you mean? Everyone should know when you’ve done that hahaha

Or, to put it another way, contentious people.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I've only ever worked in an office environment and I concur, If you wernae there nobody would bat an eyelid.

I'm the opposite and don't get how people in my work get through the day without it.

I'm up at quarter to 6 and have a cup, shower then another cup. Cup at back of 8 as soon as I get into work, one at 9 when others get in, cup at 10.30, 1 at lunchtime and another at 3, 1 when I get home and another after dinner. If I'm out at a Hibs game or training or whatever you can add another 1 in when I get home from that.

8 cups a day is about standard for me. I tried changing to herbal teas and stuff but it's not the same.
    I wondered how you had such an interest in everything. ;-)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87

I have worked in the same type.of i.t job for about 10 years. Ive worked in a place i didnt try hard, pissed about and didnt care. I hated it and was bored. Im now in another company and made a concious choice to take it seriously, and i must say i enjoy it 99% of the time. It makes the days and week pass easier, i dont dread going into work and ive had a wage rise, sometimes upwards of 10% just about every year. If i left im sure i would be easily replaced, showing a positive attitude and showing you care about your role, looking to better yourself goes a long way in any job. I only wish i had this attitude at 18. Oh and my life is great outside work.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

What a bizarre post! You my friend are what I class as a job snob. Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

You're spot on PB.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up!
    Nice phrase

If I had that amount of caffeine I'd literally not get a wink of sleep.

I used to drink about 6 or 7 cups of tea a day and had terrible insomnia for years , couple of years ago cut out all caffeine and although I still don't sleep great its night and day compared to when I was drinking caffeine all day.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 09-01-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    One of the chef judges across here lost here recently came out with "arrêtez de me faire bouffer des putain de fleurs"- "stop making me eat f***ing flowers".

I literally laughed my head off.

Not going to be popular but...adults who play computer games.

I know it’s a world away from jet set willy but sorry poindexter, that’s basically what it is. ;-)

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    This relatively recent trend of footballers , managers etc covering their mouth with their hands when they are talking during or after a game. What's that all about.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not going to be popular but...adults who play computer games.

I know it’s a world away from jet set willy but sorry poindexter, that’s basically what it is. ;-)
    Ach lighten up.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Folk whose default state is being a pain in the arse. What do they get out of that?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net