hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, beat them in two finals though ;-)
    Both in the late 80s though, when as we all know, Everton were in a transitional period. :-)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Robertson is a class act. Tierney is a good player dont get me wrong but Robertson is the better of the two. Tierney needs a move from Celtic to move his career forward, one is doing it week in week out against top players and top sides the other is doing well against the likes of Ross County, Partick and Hearts (with the greatest of respect to Ross County and Partick). That might rankle with a few but I bet its crossed Tierneys mind.
    I think Tierney is the better of the two. The lad has got everything it needs to be a top defender. I’d love him to move to Germany or Spain.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Both in the late 80s though, when as we all know, Everton were in a transitional period. :-)
    Yeah 86 when they were runners up and then won the league the following season :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I think Tierney is the better of the two. The lad has got everything it needs to be a top defender. I’d love him to move to Germany or Spain.
    I see what you mean Tierney clearly has what it takes to be very good but one is starting for Celtic the other starting for Liverpool. No question who I'd choose out of the two to play right now.

Both fantastic prospects for Scotland and I'd like to see them played together one as a left mid.

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah, form tends to be erratic during those transitional periods. :-)

Great match tonight. Everton played a more expansive game than I expected! If Bolasie had passed to his right instead of blasting it might have been a draw.

Fair play to the Reds though. They've got a defence to reckon with now VVD is on board.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Yaaas get in, another win over tbe blue ******. Very pleasing.
    And a good result for the s also tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Are Man Utd not showing interest in Tierney.

Annoyingly enough Barry Douglas is also a cracking left back going great guns for wolves having won the league in poland and the cup in turkey.

Not quite on the level of Tierney and Robertson but still a smashing player nd some set piece on him.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Lewis is the best obviously.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Can certainly put on a show down Liverpool way, full house & great atmosphere.
    Top tier of one of the stands looked empty.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    The modern phenomena of hospitality.

It was full.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Full house sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Are Man Utd not showing interest in Tierney.
    Sort off the hacks got a rumour he was a big Manc supporter and added 2+2 and got a few quotes what did happen was Arsenal offered 8 million I think it was last Jan and Celtic declined

Thought it was going to a replay if I honest then

https://twitter.com/liverblokelfc/st...27131204931586

The midweek games (Arsenal v Chelsea, Spurs v West Ham, Liverpool v Everton) have been very entertaining this week.

Still beyond me how Holgate never even seen a yellow for that push on Firmino.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    The midweek games (Arsenal v Chelsea, Spurs v West Ham, Liverpool v Everton) have been very entertaining this week.

Still beyond me how Holgate never even seen a yellow for that push on Firmino.

Lots more to come from that, the refs report mate apparently he used the race card said Firmino used the N .word , if your interested read on

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...probe-14120141

Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    Lots more to come from that, the refs report mate apparently he used the race card said Firmino used the N .word , if your interested read on

Who said he used the N word?

If ref had done his job and got there as soon as he pushed him and brandished a card, that would have been that.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Who said he used the N word?

If ref had done his job and got there as soon as he pushed him and brandished a card, that would have been that.
    Ref was there very quickly. Im sure he’s between them after Ferminho races back on the pitch to confront him. Somethings sparked it. I think the ref used common sense to be honest. It was a push. If we’re handing out yellows for that then the game will be poorer for it.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Ref was there very quickly. Im sure he’s between them after Ferminho races back on the pitch to confront him. Somethings sparked it. I think the ref used common sense to be honest. It was a push. If we’re handing out yellows for that then the game will be poorer for it.
    It was a push that resulted in him going over the hoarding and possible injury, yellow card would have been justified. He gave a penalty for less contact!

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Just read that article and nowhere is there any reference to what was supposedly said. Am I missing something or is that a bit of artistic licence when you refer to the N word?

Maybe lets just stick to terms like accusations of using racist language rather than "race card" ? It's a bit too Daily Mail for my taste.

[QUOTE=superfurryhibby;5268134]Just read that article and nowhere is there any reference to what was supposedly said. Am I missing something or is that a bit of artistic licence when you refer to the N word?

Maybe lets just stick to terms like accusations of using racist language rather than "race card" ? It's a bit too Daily Mail for my taste.[/QUOTE

He mouthed "puta" which means son of a whore or something like that, the Spanish say it quite a lot in their games.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=HIBERNIAN-0762;5268141]
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Just read that article and nowhere is there any reference to what was supposedly said. Am I missing something or is that a bit of artistic licence when you refer to the N word?

Maybe lets just stick to terms like accusations of using racist language rather than "race card" ? It's a bit too Daily Mail for my taste.[/QUOTE

He mouthed "puta" which means son of a whore or something like that, the Spanish say it quite a lot in their games.
    Sure, why would that equate to playing the race card, as stated by the OP?

Puta is whore. Firmino is Brazilian, no idea if the same word is used in Portuguese, but seems improbable it caused the level of upset it did to Holgate. My point was that "playing the race card" is a phrase I dislike and that there was nothng in the article alleging racism, albeit we could probably guess this was what caused the pkayer to go radge.

Firmino said: "TU TA LOUCO? TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!" Which translates to: "You're crazy You're crazy SON OF A BITCH!" from the DM.

As for my post I can't find the article to post its authenticity I will keep looking ,it didn't come from the Echo as you can see I apologise for any mis direction .

As for the poetic licence on my part Superfurry most definitely not

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Firmino said: "TU TA LOUCO? TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!" Which translates to: "You're crazy You're crazy SON OF A BITCH!" from the DM.

As for my post I can't find the article to post its authenticity I will keep looking ,it didn't come from the Echo as you can see I apologise for any mis direction .

As for the poetic licence on my part Superfurry most definitely not
    I'm wondering if the Everton guy's lack of Portuguese is part of the issue here. He hears the P word, knows it's a bad word, but thinks it's racist... and goes radge.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Think he pushed him twice, the 2nd one resulting in the player falling over should definitely been a yellow, after that I think the ref has been sensible, words have been said, but the ref has obviously not understood some of it, he will mention it in his report what he heard, by not booking either player it now leaves it open for the 2 players to be charged by FA and may get match bans.